Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Maxton June Roll Call  (Read 8518 times)

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
Maxton June Roll Call
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:10:56 PM »
anyone other than me and my son going this coming weekend??
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Re: Maxton June Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 04:37:13 PM »
Bringing a protege' to get him started at Maxton.  I will be volunteering this weekend.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline dblebusacaddy

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:20:58 PM »
Sorry guys i wont make it this month, but i will be down for the sept. meet to help out with the bike shootout. Hopefully Ill be finished with the 53 Caddy Ive been working on . So it will be safe to drive it on the street. With Old cars like that the deeper you dig the more stuff you find. Good luck to all. go Fast . Be safe ,. Most important HAVE FUN.
P.S. DRINK LOTS OF WATER . June is very hot
Todd B.  :D

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 05:54:05 AM »
so I finaly run into Guy at Maxton and he's gonna be busy volunteering... it'll be good to see you there!  :eh:

Todd - how's the caddy doing? sounds like it's getting alot of attention from you. I'll have to see you in September then...
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline sfcrashley

• New User!
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 10:16:54 AM »
Hello to All,

I'm Tony, new member to the site. Thanks to all who have created and maintained this site, it's a great place to start.

We will be in Maxton this week end to try out the new stock Busa. I will have approximately four guests with me in yellow shirts, and I drive a dark blue Ford F150 with PAR 1 Racing logos on the side. So if your in the area, be sure to stop by and say Hi. My plan is to run on top of every hour starting at 11:ooam. That should allow plenty of test time on Sat.

Thanks,
Tony

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 11:04:51 AM »
sfcrashley,

Actually, you'll run when the track starter says you'll run.  Once you're in line, depending on oil downs, parts lost on track, so on and so forth and how quickly people keep it moving, once an hour is conceivable.
But pretty much, you'll run when the track starter says you'll run.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline Vincent Hill

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 04:01:33 PM »
Maybe he means Get in Line at the top of every hour! Better yet an Hour in between times

I have been working on my rag adding more Bypass lines back to the fuel tank. I have again run out of time and could not get the extra 50 HP I was trying to get a flat curve on. So I will only have about 260 to 270 HP to make my runs with :(:(

The Window on tuning NOS is a very small one on my bike and it is hard to avoid the Spike peak power and get a nice 3000 RPM Wide power band on the NOS.

Over the Summer I will have the time to install the OD Gears and some case studs plus work out the Jetting to get the 300+ Power I have been looking for. Maybe even raise the compression up to 10.75 or maybe 11 to 1 for more off spray power!  :roll: ?? Who knows??
Made History at Daytona and "Still" one fast Old Man!

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »
 Professor,

bring your jets...all of them.

See you there,

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 08:46:55 AM »
Good Luck Mr. Hill, stay safe, hope to see ya making the 200 club.

Offline Vincent Hill

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 09:50:25 AM »
Good Luck Mr. Hill, stay safe, hope to see ya making the 200 club.

AT this point, Hopefully Randall will make it in Saturday and me Sunday. I have a Personal conflict that I am dealing with "Religion"! I have not totally worked it out yet but I go to church on Saturday and just do not feel right about racing the Bike on Saturday which is why no one has seen me on the bike lately Saturdays. So I plan to Help Randall with the bike on Satrurday and then ride it on Sunday which is a very short day (We leave at 2 PM). So hopefully the bike will be all adjusted for Randall by the end of the day Saturday then hopefully adding another 100 Pounds will not take too many Changes (because of the limited time) for me to go fast on Sunday.

We all have our Crosses to bear!  :roll: :roll:

Offline Vincent Hill

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 09:59:14 AM »
Professor,

bring your jets...all of them.

See you there,

Guy

I plan to! I can get everything out and back in about 1 hour if my energy level is high enough. Old people feel the heat a lot more than the Young and have limited powers to begin with!~

I am going to the Dyno tonight to tune up what I "HAD" that worked! Again there is never enough time as the JoeA and his bro can tell you!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:44:05 PM by Vincent Hill »

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »
Have a great Sabbath day celebration. Hope weather holds and it only takes you one or two  runs!!!

Shabbat Shalom

Offline Vincent Hill

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 02:46:32 PM »
Have a great Sabbath day celebration. Hope weather holds and it only takes you one or two  runs!!!

Shabbat Shalom

Not quite But close "7th day Adventist" Same day and time just different in the 1 person we feel has power and they do not. (Food OK ALso :D )

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 10:03:38 AM »
Yes but most every one of us would agree that the "Ten Commandments" are pretty much the rule of order here on earth.  No matter your faith.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline Vincent Hill

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »
Yes but most every one of us would agree that the "Ten Commandments" are pretty much the rule of order here on earth.  No matter your faith.

Guy

The Rules are always the same! it is just the person's Interpretation of the rules that makes up feel like they are doing wrong or right! In My case I am not sure how to feel :roll: (and still working it out!) Of course when you get to my age you tend to try to favor the more conservative course because you are a lot closer to the "End" than the "Beginning" :D 

I did my testing last night and HOPE I have enough information to tune my Rag to some good passes this weekend. I am still Amazed and how little I know and how much I need to know! Learning is expensive and in my case a lot cheaper than most because the Owner of Redline MotorSports "Andre" treats me 1000% Great. We only argue on if I can pay him something for all of his Dyno Time! You still have to buy the NOS @ $4 per pound and the 116 Octane at $8 per gallon then even at a Gift of about $25 per hour on the Dyno, Time adds up fast! (Best part is his shop is actually less than 3 miles from my house!)

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »
Unfortunately most people don't even know or understand what the first commandment is, as it is in the inparative and not in the indicative. The first Commandment is to BELIEVE. Furthermore most Protestants and Catholics disagree as to the 10 commandments and then out side of pseudo Christianity you have the rest of the secular narcissistic World which believes that they make up there own moral truth and if it feels good then just do it. I will not even attempt to get into other religions such as the Christian cults, Rabbinic Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Janeism, Dowism, Evolution, ect.

The narrow path is the one you want to seek as the broad path will not take you any place you would want to go.

Just in case anyone is curious I am a non-denominational kind of guy myself. I do believe the 7th day (Sabbath) is Saturday not Sunday as the Bible clearly establishes. I also believe and have faith in the Creator of the universe and the redemptive power of His Son. I believe the plural, yet singular nature of YHWH (GOD) translated through the entire Bible. I do believe once saved always saved, as it is by grace and not of works. I follow the commandments of God and not the doctrines / traditions of men. For those who have not heard or do not know the truth: we have all sinned (done things which were wrong), God being just, pure and holy requires that we must atone for the sins we have committed, since we are simply unable to, God sent His Son to live a perfect life and sacrifice Himself in our place (for everyone who ever lived or will live), If we believe and accept His sacrifice this will cover our sins, we may then have eternal life with our Creator. The alternative is not appealing in the least.

Just a side note I also believe the Earth is on the under side of 6 thousand years old and in the seventh millennium the Messiah (Jesus) will reign and rule for 1000 years. I believe that those who do not accept his free gift of salvation before they die will be eternally separated from Him. That is the main reason for the sign on name I use on forums, not to hide my name, but to have someone ask or comment about the screen name. In this way I can share the good news with them.

Mr. Hill we all struggle with sin, guilt, and to do the right thing. The Best advice I can give you is to read the Bible for it is the written Love letter for a Bride to be. It will never steer you in the wrong direction. Second if you feel you have to go to church (especially to keep your salvation) do not go, But if you want to go to fellowship with other believers and the Creator by all means enjoy yourself and give praise.

Guess I was a little long winded, but have a great time at Maxton and if you ever feel like bringing your worship to the track, then I am sure other believers will be happy to join in, myself included.

Gary Dow

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 09:39:05 PM »
Very well written Gary.

Vincent..........You got my number, keep me posted!
Dan

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 10:47:35 AM »
Anyone have the scoop on Maxton this Last Weekend?

How did you all run? Any good stories to tell?

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 07:09:54 PM »
Maxton June 24 & 25!!

First, the Course!

Maxton was in the best Shape it has even been in! "ALL" of the grass was cut and trimed looking more like a Golf Course than Maxton. Speaking of Golf course, the Sand Trap in "Long Shut Down" is GONE! All paved and smooth and the entire area clean.

The patches we used to dive between in 1st shut down are all gone with 1 smooth paved area. No cones in the middle of the course but a long smooth paved area clean as a whistle! Sure would have made a great place to run.

OK what happened this time? We put Randall on the bike and he made a warm up pass of about 186. we then went to check the data and the battery was flat on the Computer so no data. We set everything and the bike runs about 177. Having had enough of this we decide to find out right then what is happening.

In the 90+ degree heat we take the bike cover and put it over the 2 van doors and have shade. We pulled off the FI and turned off the fuel and hooked everything up and sprayed the NOS. About a whisper came out maybe a 5 shot (If that much) came out. I disconnected the NOS SOlenoid and sprayed again and nothing but a leaking non spraying NOS Brand 250 Power shot! This thing has been going down hill for about 1 year. Every time I adjust for the spray it just decreased the amount of NOS and I am rich again. SO I install the NX 150 shot and it is spraying seriously. We hook everything back up but having no idea of where the fuel needs to be, we try 6 PSI the bike runs 188 but you can hear it is way rich. (We are recording everything even though we cannot see the data). We set the fuel to 4 PSI and the bike runs 190. We set the fuel to 2 psi and the next run is 192. The day is now over.

Sunday we get there early and take everything apart and watch the spray on 31 jets at about 950 NOS PSI. Good spray but not enough! We put in 38 jets and spray again! :roll: :D I am almost blown over from the force! We put everything together and set the pressure at 6 PSI and head to the start line. I changed riders to me and Randall has the bike in the staging line. I get suited up and get on the bike with just 1 person in front of me. The Chevy El Camino drops a drive shaft and they have to clean that up. Now I am behind the guy on the start line and a few drops of rain come. Then the lightening comes so they shut down the computers. Then it really starts to rain and we cover the bike and sit in the van to wait. We have some time because it is about 12:15 PM and they have until 2 PM or so. Then the Throat Cutting action of the started tells me it is over!

I plan to put the bike on the Dyno exactly the way we set it to see what he had in HP and get back here. There is nothing like an electrical device that does not either work or not work! When something takes a year to stop working, that is painful. Now I have learned to check the out put on everything before leaving Home! Actually I am sort of relived.

Gary, we have been friend from the start but now you scared me! One person on this earth that can understand me (Peggy) was a Fluke, but "2"?? I really am afraid now :D :D

BTW, Speaking of the rain, the news stated that it was 1870 the last time we had this much rain. Water was over the Beltway and mud slides! I much be in California :) 6 inches of water on the roadway. It was horrible coming back home
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 07:24:09 PM by VincentHill »
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »
Vincent, sorry to hear of the bad luck however at least you found a problem and it did not take an offering to the land speed god this time.

Get em at the next meet..

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline JACKD

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 10:33:26 PM »
Consider how lucky you were to not be on the Salt.
The Salt makes it's own electricity and eats your's too.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 11:10:52 PM »
Consider how lucky you were to not be on the Salt.
The Salt makes it's own electricity and eats your's too.

Salt Gremlins attack even after a good pass.... :shock:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 08:58:44 AM »
Sorry to hear that Mr. Hill. Glad to hear everyone is well and it sounds like
Maxton is realy looking good. Hope the people who worked on it got to write their names in the cement. Those Nitrous gremlins can realy take a lot out of ya. Can't wait to see ya flying next meet.

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 03:00:24 PM »
The Crazy thing is I first Started out with a 250 "NX" Brand NOS Solenoid  and had the same exact same problem (Of the engine going rich) only to find that the NX Solenoid uses 20 to 30 AMPS at WOT. SO with a 20 AMP Battery, the NOS was decreasing because of the lack of "Amperage" to keep the Solenoid Open.

Prior to that I was using a "NOS" Brand Nozzle because they were longer but had the opposite problem of back pressure keeping the fuel from flowing into the nozzle. First I realized that it was "MY" Mistake because I installed the NX Fittings to Use the NX Jets not realizing that the Tubes were needed to Separate the NOS from the Fuel. Later I drilled out the fittings to accept the NX Jets but later "Read" where the tubes were not sealed against the Nozzle and they all leaked (Again causing pressure from the Nitrous to force the fuel back to the tank.)

Then I installed the Shark injectors (Blowing through the Velocity Satcks) and would see the 150 increase in HP along with the Lean Spike and then Immediatley rich. I then resolved the Lean Spike by setting up a Bypass Regulator but the rich problem continued. So I went to smaller Fuel Jets and played with the pressure but the problem continued. Part of this problem was flow testing the NOS Side of the system and continuing to use the Flow Numbers from 1 year ago not knowing that the NOS Brand Solenoid was slowly "Going South"! Now I have the Nozzles mounted in front of the Throttle Plates and have seen the Flat line of Power from the Push of the button until the release. (Even though I was seeing smaller numbers every test)

NOW What? I am using the original 150 SHot NX Solenoid that never caused a problem but what happens when I try a bigger shot? I cannot use the250 shot NX because it needs too much Amperage and I do not trust the NOS Brand products :roll:

I Never wanted to know or learn this much about NOS ever! Before all of this is Over, I may be able to have an Intelligent conversation with the Amo Brothers and actually know what they are trying to tell me :):)

Last, the good news is, with all of this going on, The only price I have had to pay that cannot be replaced is "TIME"! The engine has worked perfectly and with having  lean spikes, Big Dyno Time, Setting the Fuel on "1" PSI Fuel pressure and seeing 18 to 20 to 1 lean spikes, the engine is still making about 165 HP on Torco 116 Octane leaded fuel with a Standard Bore, Flat topped CP Pistons and a 10.25 to 1 Compression Ratio. So Yes I am dissapointed but I could be soo much worse off! The Number 1 thing I learned from my AMA Road Racing Days was PATIENCE". I never knew I would need or use that experience! :(
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man