Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Where The Hell Did California Put My Other 1/2 Gallon From The Tank?  (Read 2582 times)

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
Can someone tell me why a Calif model has 1/2 gallon less capacity than a 49 state Busa?

Can I get around it without replacing the tank?

Thx,

Offline mach1mike

• Post Whore
Re: Where The Hell Did California Put My Other 1/2 Gallon From The Tank?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:28:44 PM »
The E33 (Ca model) has a fuel vapor seperator unit and attached breather tube inside the fuel tank leading out to the charcoal cannister alongside the frame. Hence the 5.3 gal capacity instead of the 5.8 of the 49 state models. I took all the emission stuff off mine because my tank whistled from the pressure . I checked the one way vapor valve and all the stuff and could not get it to relieve the pressure so just took it all off, blocked the line going to the purge valves, saved weight too. You can't get around the capacity, it is designed inside the tank.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:43:14 AM »
I had the same problem.  I just took the charcoal canister off.  It was mounted exactly where you mount your tank for your air shifter.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 01:44:57 AM by BATTMAN »

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
What about...
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 11:37:45 AM »
Did anyone have vacuum/tank venting/vapor issues from pulling all that shit off?

Thx.

Offline mach1mike

• Post Whore
Re: What about...
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »
Did anyone have vacuum/tank venting/vapor issues from pulling all that shit off?

Thx.

Not a bit. In fact the tank did not vent with that stuff on. When I opened the cap the vacume was released with a whoosh. That shit never worked properly. I ran the disconnected hose from the one way valve in line before the cannister down alongside the water vent tube by the swing arm pivot.
[/q

uote]

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 11:53:15 PM »
I didnt have any problems at all.  I had to email Motorhead a couple of times to make sure I was doing it right.