Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: So after shorting the bike back up, I started working on suspention again.  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
I got the rear sag set, front I am getting new springs this week. Anyway I had my rebound and compression set from awhile back and I thought it was good so I went back to those settings after I took off the extentions. Just didnt really feel right, one it was to hard in the back so I took out 2 compression in the rear, nope now its to soft so I added 1, nice. Then I took out a rebound in the front but then it started to pogo in the front so I added 2 rebound, better. Then I added 1 compression and bam it feels awsome.

I cant belive that 1 setting change here and there would make that much difference. Only think I am trying to figure out now is the rear kind of feels like it is trying to come around faster, like its rotating around the curve. Maybe this is how its supposed to be cause it goes fast. Other then the fact it dives on the entry (fork springs should take care of that) it goes around really fast now.

I will say the 17/43 with the rear tire all the way up and the BDE pipe is almost to much, the front will not stay down in first even if I lay on the tank, I can just roll in at 5k at it picks the tire up without effort at all. I think I will try the 17/41 and see how that goes. Better mpg anyway and should top out at 193 which is where the hp should take it.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Getting under the paint is just as important as getting used to the front end being light in the lower gears. Looking forward to updates on your progress. :)
-Kirk