Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: "Obnoxious Horn Option" now available for your 'Busa  (Read 12553 times)

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
"Obnoxious Horn Option" now available for your 'Busa
« on: July 04, 2006, 09:16:50 AM »
My 'Busa is my 6th street bike, and as all the others, it had a horn I did not care for.

Instead of a little "peep" sound I wanted a "BEEP"!

While this will not be as loud as cramming 5 airhorns into your 'Busa chassis (see other threads, it is neat!), it is a nice bolt on that will fit in the stock location and wiring without Front Fender clearance problems, for about $26.

This horn is a similar style as the stock horn (vibrating disc), but alot louder with a much lower tone. If I had to describe the sound change, it is like going from a scooter to an industrial forklift! It draws less current than a full sized car horn (only 4 amps), and is actually louder, at 132 decibels!

In the picture below it shows the Car Quest part number, the second picture shows how you will have to modify the stock bracket, and the third shows it installed.

I liked it enough to share with you folks. If you decide to try one, be sure to hook it up to your battery before installing it to test the sound. Since it is a unique tone, it kind of cracks me up when I honk at people and they look at the 'Busa funny.  :lol:

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
Re: "Obnoxious Horn Option" now available for your 'Busa
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:28:54 AM »
sweet. im definitly doing that. i honk at tons of stuff. women, cars cutting me off, women, people mowing their yard, women...

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 05:15:58 PM »
Cool idea. I use two highway Blasters from AutoZone. I mounted them in the nose by the headlight. Very, VERY loud. Gets their attention.  :yes:
YEAH, IT'S STOCK. :trb:

Offline Kain 1300

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 06:37:32 PM »
Love my AIRMITE 3's. Scares the hell out of folks :D

I'm sorry Officer, but it's too damn difficult to keep 1300cc's under the speed limit!!

Offline chrisarrington

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 08:40:28 PM »
Damn I bet they do.  You got air horn stashed everywhere don't you?

Offline Kain 1300

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 08:05:55 AM »
Only three horns. They are plenty loud. Sometimes I accedentally hit the horn button & they scare me :lol:. I got the idea & blueprint from ICEMAN. I think he has installed 5 airhorns on his bike. I'm sure some cagers will need Depends if he lays into those horns :lol:

I'm sorry Officer, but it's too damn difficult to keep 1300cc's under the speed limit!!

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 10:14:18 AM »
sweet. im definitly doing that. i honk at tons of stuff. women, cars cutting me off, women, people mowing their yard, women...
you forgot the women.
 :lol:

i need louder horns also.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore

Offline Brent79

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 12:41:16 AM »
Those are girly horns, get this instead  :lol:

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/category.php?class=8

Offline pashnit

• Rider
    • http://www.pashnit.com
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 01:38:04 AM »
Kain -that is an awesome idea- I've thinking of doing something like this for a long time, but never seen pics of the busa.

Googling the airmite gives this: http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm  Assuming this is what you have, not a bad price.  Any more info, the blueprints via Iceman or anything paticular need to know in installing this???  Where'd you put the compressor?  My tail section is already plumb full with air compressor, tools, spare levers and pegs & Geza Cover stowed in the Hump (hump mod).

My new commute is 120 miles a day round trip freeway, and getting cut off is getting a little too common. Lot of splitting lanes, those would come in handy.

Louder the better.  :wink: :wink:
This is a signature that's not a signature.

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 10:34:37 AM »
Yeah Iceman has crammed FIVE air horns into his chassis!  :)

There is a thread showing where he put everything with text labels on the pictures, I don't remember what the title was.

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »
hey xe, did you just use the existing wireing at the stock horn?

Yes, the stock wiring will work, there is a little clip that holds the two wires together, use a pair of cutters to clip just the little joining piece between the two wiring plugs, then shove the black protective plastic sleeve back about 1/2" and they should plug right in.

NOTE: I should mention that mine required a little tuning to get it to max volume. There is a little screw that has some paint on it, turning this tunes the horn. You need to have a friend blare the horn while you turn this screw for max volume. Do this while the Busa is running for the correction voltage.

Your ears and neighbors may not like this procedure.  8)

Offline 65hemi

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 03:47:27 PM »
Where did you find that horn?  I did a Google search and couldn't locate it.

Offline MOVERIGHT!

• Rider
  • The Key to Life is to die young, at a very old age
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 07:53:34 PM »
Now by installing a set of air horns is there enough amperage draw by the horns to damage anything? the horn button itself or getting anything hot? Sounds like a cool mod to be heard or to really let people know your there.
A 200+ MPH fear isn't Ignored, It just hasn't caught up yet!

Offline 02ZREX

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 04:31:25 PM »
riding through malibu last weekend and I discovered that booting the mirror off of an acura is vastly more effective then my ZRX's crappy stock horn.  I might have to hit up a CQ this weekend and makea a little upgrade.

Offline rlbowers3

• Rider
  • DEALS GAP Apr '06
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 10:56:12 PM »
horns are great, but burning the hair off the back of thier neck with lights gets 'em to move out of the left lane! :lol:

lights off  :?

driving light  :)

SUPER NOVA  :D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:57:45 PM by rlbowers3 »
SFC Bowers
MiTT Advisor to Iraqi Army
MOSUL, IRAQ

Past bikes;
79 Vespa 185, 80 Vespa P200, 82 SECA 550,
85 GS1150ES, 73 CB750, 00 Busa(red),
00 Busa(blu)

Current bikes;
02 XR50, 02 XR100, 06 CRF100, 06 KLX110
Married 15+yrs, 7 kids (all ride

Offline jbusa80

• New User!
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »
Can anyone tell me the carquest number? The picture doesn't show up anymore.

My 'Busa is my 6th street bike, and as all the others, it had a horn I did not care for.

Instead of a little "peep" sound I wanted a "BEEP"!

While this will not be as loud as cramming 5 airhorns into your 'Busa chassis (see other threads, it is neat!), it is a nice bolt on that will fit in the stock location and wiring without Front Fender clearance problems, for about $26.

This horn is a similar style as the stock horn (vibrating disc), but alot louder with a much lower tone. If I had to describe the sound change, it is like going from a scooter to an industrial forklift! It draws less current than a full sized car horn (only 4 amps), and is actually louder, at 132 decibels!

In the picture below it shows the Car Quest part number, the second picture shows how you will have to modify the stock bracket, and the third shows it installed.

I liked it enough to share with you folks. If you decide to try one, be sure to hook it up to your battery before installing it to test the sound. Since it is a unique tone, it kind of cracks me up when I honk at people and they look at the 'Busa funny.  :lol: