Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: problems with my mps auto kill box, help please  (Read 2977 times)

Offline kingbrutis

• Rider
  • Where am I?
problems with my mps auto kill box, help please
« on: July 04, 2006, 01:02:36 PM »
I am having a problem with my auto shift box. It is constantly sending a shift siginal to the air shifter. I bought the box and the harness for the coils (busa). Put a 5400 msd chip in, rode it aroungd the block, shifter fine. Got to the track, put a 10,600 chip in and as I'm rolling in do a burnout it goes crazy and sends constant shifts to the shifter. I hooked it up exactly like it said to. power from switched source (tail lights), horn, and ground to battery. Help? Thanks Joe

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
Re: problems with my mps auto kill box, help please
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:51:29 PM »
Call MPS - the best help possible for their product...

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 04:08:36 PM »
no reason it shouldnt work. has it always done this or did u just hook it up? nuke is right. mps will help no problems. never had problem with mine doing that..now i did have problem where it shifted and didnt kill ignition and destroyed couple trannys...they replaced it no charge with new one(smaller one) now on my yamaha it wouldnt kill long enuff and i had to cut one of brown wires and it helped but i still ended up sending them box and they fixed it to work with ymaha electronics. when busa box went bad hooked up one off yamaha...it had like .5 delay between shifts...but at least it was killing ignition, but it wouldnt work on that bike...lost all boost and ended up putting borrowed one on and bike killed tranny in burnout box.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 11:04:49 PM »
A friend had problem with the auto shiftbox as well. Would set it for a certain number and all of a sudden during a pass it would shift early on its own. Never did figure it out.