Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: fuel mileage  (Read 19510 times)

Offline BIGGSAM

• Rider
  • OH YEAH
fuel mileage
« on: July 05, 2006, 01:21:47 PM »
I was wondering, what kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting. I just went on a trip from DC area to Greensboro, NC. with two of the friend witch one has a 04 busa and the other has a 03 1000. I had to stop @ less 3 time while my bubby with the 04 busa he could have keep it going, while my bike was on empty he was sitting at 3/4 to a half tank! I think i was getting like 130 mile to the tank!
No engine work, just TRE, PCIII AND SMALL BOX MOD

Offline Xtreme

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Bayville, NJ
Re: fuel mileage
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »
Going back and forth to work(which is all highway) I can get 300 miles to a tank(when the low fuel light comes on).   Around town and beating the crap out of it I get between 180-220 miles,depends on if I go to the track or not.     My bike is bone stock.    Hope that helps you
Anthony
XtremeLS1Z28@aol.com
06 Blk Busa
2000 Blk Z28
1999 Blk Silverado

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 03:14:27 PM »
Your map for the pc3 is prob super rich at cruise. I have BDE, 17/43 gearing and PC USB, small mod and I can get 38 at 80 on the highway. I have tweaked my maps alot, and once I go to 17/41 I hope to pike up 3 or 4 more mpg.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline B Plas

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • Why not just tell it the way it is?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:33:10 PM »
DID HE SAY 300 MILES ONE 1 TANK?????
"A man's gotta know his limitations"

Offline HayabusaJoe

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 03:41:59 PM »
Going back and forth to work(which is all highway) I can get 300 miles to a tank(when the low fuel light comes on).   Around town and beating the crap out of it I get between 180-220 miles,depends on if I go to the track or not.     My bike is bone stock.    Hope that helps you
Not Possible! I've seen 220-240 but never 300. stock gearing with Speedo healer.
Mississippi Joe
2003 black and gray

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 03:59:13 PM »
300 miles useing 5 gallons is 60 mpg. Even 300 at 5.5 gallons used is 54 mpg. Maybe if you feel up at the top of Deals Gap and coast to the bottom you might get that good hehe. Hmm wonder if you did 50 mph in 6th what kinda mpg you would get hmm.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline gat0r

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 05:54:18 PM »
i get btwn 32-43 mpg.  17/42, full yosh & pc3r.  depends on how hard i ride.   mostly city/some hwy riding - i get ~ 160-170 out of tank

Offline BIGGSAM

• Rider
  • OH YEAH
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 09:25:43 AM »
Thanks guys. i guess i'm not alone on this, I have a custom mapping with muzzy street megaphone and 17/40 set-up . The bike runs real good and strong but it still don't explain why my buddy 04 was sitting @ 3/4 when mind was on empty? he has almost the same set-up.

Offline Busa Quick

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 09:38:17 AM »

I get 200-215 miles on a tank with my bike on the interstate running at 75-80 tucked in almost the whole time.

When I run the highway at 55 and with occassional traffic my mileage gauge says 50mpg. but I have found that it does not seem to be able to read any higher number than 50 so, I might be getting a even higher number and it just isn't showing it.

The main key for my mileage is to just accerate easy and no top end runs. I think I might get 250 miles to a tank if I ran highway and took it easy from all the stops.

P.S. I now have 34,000+ miles on my bike so, I believe my numbers are pretty close to right.

Mark

Black and Purple 04, MY MODS: Turbo, .08 spacer, s2000 injectors, yosh cams 7.2 spring, heavy clutch springs, APE valve springs, raised rev limiter to 11,500 rpm with ignition cut only, using only stock ECM with Petrik reprogramming method,

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »
Thanks guys. i guess i'm not alone on this, I have a custom mapping with muzzy street megaphone and 17/40 set-up . The bike runs real good and strong but it still don't explain why my buddy 04 was sitting @ 3/4 when mind was on empty? he has almost the same set-up.

Need to get a portable sniffer on it and adjust your cruise range. You are just to rich in cruise need to pull some fuel out.

Offline goneridin

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 10:37:54 AM »
I have been averageing about 160-180 miles to a tank cruising around. The best mileage I have ever seen was this weekend. I got 46.8 miles to the gallon rideing two up.
05 Busa LE - stock for now

Offline coop

• Post Master
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 02:44:50 PM »

I get 200-215 miles on a tank with my bike on the interstate running at 75-80 tucked in almost the whole time.

When I run the highway at 55 and with occassional traffic my mileage gauge says 50mpg. but I have found that it does not seem to be able to read any higher number than 50 so, I might be getting a even higher number and it just isn't showing it.

The main key for my mileage is to just accerate easy and no top end runs. I think I might get 250 miles to a tank if I ran highway and took it easy from all the stops.

P.S. I now have 34,000+ miles on my bike so, I believe my numbers are pretty close to right.

Mark

The Busa Mileage calc. only goes up to 50.

Offline coop

• Post Master
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 02:49:33 PM »

Not to be a nay sayer but you are full of shit if you say you are getting 300 miles when the low fuel light comes on. The light comes on with an 1/8 of a tank left which means you went 300 miles on 4.8 gal of gas or 62.5 mpg. No way unless you are costing in neutral for about 75 of those miles. Even at 220 miles you are getting 46 mpg and you say this is with you BEATING on it. Beating on it might mean going past 3000 rpm between gears. :duh: :lmao:

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 02:04:16 AM »
Your map for the pc3 is prob super rich at cruise. I have BDE, 17/43 gearing and PC USB, small mod and I can get 38 at 80 on the highway. I have tweaked my maps alot, and once I go to 17/41 I hope to pike up 3 or 4 more mpg.

What it the optimum A/F at cruise?  Im currently adjusting and tunning my RCC Ultra kit and still in the learning faze.  Richard at RCC has been a tremendous help with the tunning process.  Im just curious what you guys are setting your cruise A/F at.  Mine is averaging 14.7 at 65MPH.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 07:40:27 AM »
300 miles useing 5 gallons is 60 mpg. Even 300 at 5.5 gallons used is 54 mpg. Maybe if you feel up at the top of Deals Gap and coast to the bottom you might get that good hehe. Hmm wonder if you did 50 mph in 6th what kinda mpg you would get hmm.

49ish when mine was bone stock.  55mph for over 20 miles.

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
    • Gearhead Clothing, Inc.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »
8 mpg...

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 07:29:49 PM »

Offline smoke215

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 07:40:23 PM »
I've seen a best of 48mpg, really grannying it,  but around 40mpg is the norm
04 black/purple
boosted
pc3
lowered alot
tre......sometimes
42t rear sprocket
custom map
raptor shift lite
mps tether kill
underbraced, extended 600 arm

Offline B Plas

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • Why not just tell it the way it is?
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 11:11:03 AM »
Going back and forth to work(which is all highway) I can get 300 miles to a tank(when the low fuel light comes on). Around town and beating the crap out of it I get between 180-220 miles,depends on if I go to the track or not. My bike is bone stock. Hope that helps you

Forgive me but I still can't get over this one^^^ Forget about the Fastest Production Motorcycle thing...Suzuki should get a hold of Guinness and have that included in their book!  :shock: Cause 300 mpt would be-> :kickass:

***Thanks smoke215*** my bust...That is still sumthin' else  :?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 04:05:24 PM by b plas »
"A man's gotta know his limitations"

Offline smoke215

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 12:22:43 PM »
Going back and forth to work(which is all highway) I can get 300 miles to a tank(when the low fuel light comes on). Around town and beating the crap out of it I get between 180-220 miles,depends on if I go to the track or not. My bike is bone stock. Hope that helps you

Forgive me but I still can't get over this one^^^ Forget about the Fastest Production Motorcycle thing...Suzuki should get a hold of Guinness and have that included in their book!  :shock: Cause 300 mpg would be-> :kickass:

he wrote 300 miles per tank, not MPG
04 black/purple
boosted
pc3
lowered alot
tre......sometimes
42t rear sprocket
custom map
raptor shift lite
mps tether kill

Offline coop

• Post Master
    • My Website
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 02:48:32 PM »

Forgive me but I still can't get over this one^^^ Forget about the Fastest Production Motorcycle thing...Suzuki should get a hold of Guinness and have that included in their book!  :shock: Cause 300 mpg would be-> :kickass:

he wrote 300 miles per tank, not MPG

Even so its still not very realistic. :(

Offline FTPBusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 08:44:01 PM »
Yeah, I agree someone has been smoking crack around here if they think we are to beleive their getting 62 miles to the gallon.
Although I don't dought that there are Busas out there that are getting 40 or 50 miles to  the gallon. I know I'm not anywhere close to that.
 For those of us getting 26-28 in the city and 29 to 31.5 on the highway. Lets compare notes. When my bike was new I was getting 38 to 40 around 1200 miles and before any of my current modes (full yosh titanium exhaust, BMC air filter, Power Commander) My milage began to take a dive to the high twenties to low thirties. The mods the pipe and filter made a small improvement and the powercommander increased my mileage to about 36. I'd be curious to see the maps of those whom are getting these incredible mileage numbers

Offline blubyubusa

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 09:23:41 PM »
There are three things guys lie about, home cooking, home loving, and gas mileage.
Blue Busa

Offline smoke215

• Post Master
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »
Yeah, I agree someone has been smoking crack around here if they think we are to beleive their getting 62 miles to the gallon.
Although I don't dought that there are Busas out there that are getting 40 or 50 miles to  the gallon. I know I'm not anywhere close to that.
 For those of us getting 26-28 in the city and 29 to 31.5 on the highway. Lets compare notes. When my bike was new I was getting 38 to 40 around 1200 miles and before any of my current modes (full yosh titanium exhaust, BMC air filter, Power Commander) My milage began to take a dive to the high twenties to low thirties. The mods the pipe and filter made a small improvement and the powercommander increased my mileage to about 36. I'd be curious to see the maps of those whom are getting these incredible mileage numbers

When I bought my exhaust and pc3 together at pipe city, there was a map already installed in it.  At that time I was getting about  38-40 mpg.
Then Quasar created a custom map for my list of mods, and not onlt did it make it a beast....at 171rwhp.....but I am now seeing up to 48 mpg highway, w/ around 45 avg. :wink:......of course it drops in town
04 black/purple
boosted
pc3
lowered alot
tre......sometimes
42t rear sprocket
custom map
raptor shift lite
mps tether kill

Offline chrisarrington

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 10:43:54 PM »
Mine stays in the 42 to 45 range.  I like to pull off from the redlights good but mostly just cruise after I get to speed and then drop back to cruising speed.