Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 15-20 hp 2lb bottle how many seconds.  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
15-20 hp 2lb bottle how many seconds.
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:36:13 PM »
I read that 20 hp at 1 lb lasts about 25 seconds so I would assume 2lbs is abot 50 seconds? I am wondering about how much fuel you need to add to the PC for about 20 hp. Would be nice to run 1 map for on and off NoS, I run abou 13.1 n/a would I need to run like 12.8 for 20 hp ?? Thanks guys.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline bbqb4racin

• Rider
Re: 15-20 hp 2lb bottle how many seconds.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »
I run a #36 jet which puts m in the 40 hp range. My 2lb'er seems to last quite a long time. I never tried to put a stopwatch to it. If you're going to do this, go with the larger bottle. Make the fun last as long as it can!

Don't worry about a richer nitrous map being in your pc all the time. You're only going to be on the juice between 7-11,000 rpm at wide open throttle anyways. I don't think you're going to feel a difference in the map when you're not on the juice either. It's not going to be that rich.

It's interesting. I had all these same questions and more when I thought about getting nitrous. Everthing seemed like a compromise. After the install, I couldn't be happier! Nothing like taking a really fast bike and making it NOTICEABLY FASTER! It's the best bang for the buck too!

BTW, my A/F is 12.2 - 12.3 when I spray.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 11:46:34 PM »
17/43 with the rear tire pulled to the snubbers ahaha. I just want to go a little faster without messing up my street tune, plus I can turn it up as I need to.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline bbqb4racin

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 08:36:10 AM »
Quijinn, you sound like your ready to take the next step. But, maybe you're still not sure? Check out this kit. It won't break the bank. Simple, easy install. 15, 30, and 40 hp options. Just add a 2lb bottle and you'll be ready to go.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=172

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 05:50:35 PM »
Are they a site sponcer? I only buy from site sponcers or local small buisness's.

Offline bbqb4racin

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 08:50:40 PM »
Are they a site sponcer? I only buy from site sponcers or local small buisness's.

A lot of people on this board use the stuff that DynoTune sells. I'm sure there's a site sponser that sells something quite the same and will set you up. If you do this, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! Psssssst! Psssst! Oh yea! Spray baby!!!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 09:59:09 AM »
Not saying anything against Dyno Tune, I am sure there stuff is great. I am just a beliver in giveing back to those that help keep the site up, its more like a family around here :)