Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Problem Solved  (Read 3673 times)

Offline BlackSheep

• Post Whore
Problem Solved
« on: July 23, 2006, 06:23:34 AM »
I have problem with my 2000 busa.For some reason my bike keep blowing the 30 amp fuse next to the battery box.I changed it drove a bike home it was a short distance and made it home.I was going to take a ride next day and bike started fine and warmed up no problem.Put on my riding gear ready to go,but before even get out of my yard she blow the fuse again.I had the bike a part took off the front upper ,the tail section,checked the wires and all looks fine.I replaced the fuse and hoping that my problem would go away.As you know that fuse is not the most conveniently located have to take the tail section off each time.The bike runs fine till I put it in gear,once in gear the 30 amp fuse blows instantly.It just drives me crazy trying to figure out the cause and I'm at the point loosing it.I would think that  if it was a short wire it would blow as soon as I turn on the ignition,and the harness looks perfect to my visual checking. If you guys would have a suggestion would appreciate your time and effort to post about it.
Thank you
BlackSheep
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 06:40:57 PM by BlackSheep »

Ahab

Re: Your input would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 11:49:57 AM »
did you change an components (ie high wattage bulb etc)? Follow the harness and make sure there are no areas gettin pinched and that are shorting...

Offline BlackSheep

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 01:26:33 PM »
did you change an components (ie high wattage bulb etc)? Follow the harness and make sure there are no areas gettin pinched and that are shorting...
Thank you Ahab
I didn't change anything on the bike,the only problem I had with it last summer it fall off the kick stand and activated the tipover switch ,but I just replaced the fuse than and it was ok till a couple days ago when she blow it again,and this time didn't fall over or anything
I'm sure that eventually will get to the root of the problem,its not the easiest thing to fallow the wires trough,but I will strip her down and see

Offline BlackSheep

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 06:37:29 PM »
Thanks guys for your contribution I find the problem.At the front the left side switch control cable was going across between the fork and the frame.Eventually from the sharp left turns the wire got hammered and that is where the short was.Its fixed and already went out for a ride.Fell much better now,but it looks like that the rain is moving in for tonight and a next couple days they call for it.One thing positive out of all this ,I could have that bike undressed in no time got so much practice in the last couple days.