Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Tx Shootout rain out  (Read 3607 times)

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
Tx Shootout rain out
« on: July 25, 2006, 01:53:18 AM »
Well the street et guys and the pro et got one pass in before the bottom fell out  :evil:. Man did it rain and blow, the tents or covers (ez-ups) were blowing all over the parking lot. Instead of a makeup race they say there going to double up on points and money for the next race in Aug. 

I did a search already did not find what I wanted so I will ask... I bought some 110 VP gas 4 gals. Now what do I do with it. I have heard you all say that it will not stay good very long and it might be a few weeks before I can get back to the track, and you don't want to run it if you are just putting around on the street. So will it hurt my truck to mix it with reg gas or do I just dispose of it.
Thanks for advice.
Bill
01 Turbo Busa Blue & Silver (sold)
07 gsxr 1k Black & orange

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
Re: Tx Shootout rain out
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:15:35 AM »
what is it? c-16? it will stay good for while. i was running same jug of c-16 for 3 months. just make sure its sealed up good. its not as bad as mr9 or other oxygenated fuels. no need to waste it.    yea that storm was major freakin blow.. knocked over 3 bikes that i heard. luckily mine was strapped down to truck. rain blew from every direction and nasty gusting wind. at least i made 1 single pass for my 6 hours there and 6 hours home.. if i hadnt gotten at least 1..i mgiht have been upset.. lol   sucks but what can we do.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »
Your fuel will be fine :o

Offline Racetrack14

• Post Whore
  • First Father Daughter Team to Join the 200MPH Club
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:18:18 PM »
Jen got one pass in with Street ET's and was in line for the Super Street class when the rain hit. I would like to thank a couple of my friends that helped Jen, my wife and me hold on to my ez-up. We all got soaked but managed to salvage the ez-up. Sort of looked like a war zone with all the tents tore up all over the place.
We have made several trips up to the Street Riders Shootout at San Antonio this year with a big threat of rain and managed every time to get the races in but are luck finally ran out.

Racetrack14

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 08:54:36 PM »
LongR1 and Blur Thanks.
racetrack14 is jen running the black and silver hayabusa with the real tiny dog in the trailer? My wife and I passed by and talked to you all if it is. Yea I think everybody got soaked.  :D

Offline Racetrack14

• Post Whore
  • First Father Daughter Team to Join the 200MPH Club
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:23:34 PM »
Yes, that was us and that little tiny dog in the trailer that only weighs 155 lbs. He is on a diet and is not very happy about it either. He goes to all the races and gets more attention than Jen.

Racetrack14

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 09:33:37 PM »
 :D :D yea that is one big dog but seems very well behaved.  :)