Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: GREAT NEW SECTION!!  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Gerald

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
    • http://www.cmdra.com
GREAT NEW SECTION!!
« on: July 26, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »
Wow! Where the hell have I been?  :duh: I just noticed this section the other day. Fantastic, good job guys!  :thumb: There is some great, great info in here!!
I do love drag-racing my 'Busa, but I love just as much to tear up corners too! As we all know the 'Busa is a fantastic handling machine, but there is always room for improvement, with any machine. 
One of these days I plan on taking my 2000 out for a track day, maybe next spring? I've got heavier fork springs, EBC double H pads, and Galfer lines, just haven't had time to put them on yet. Hopefully soon.
Thanks for this section guys, and keep up the good work!!

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: GREAT NEW SECTION!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 06:02:30 PM »
proper rake and trail is somewhere in the hood of, 2" to 5" the short side will make you loose in high speed stuff and the long side makes steering rough in the tight stuff, its a give and take so on the street if you're riding both somewhere in the middle is good...

if you are tweaking you're wheelbase you're tweaking rake and trail unless you are removing it somewhere behind the headstock like the rear axle, if thats the case then removing an inch or so will allow the bike to take a tighter line at a givin lean...

for example, take a 40' bus and crank the wheel to the left all the way and do a full circle, measure the circumference, take that same bus and chop 20' out of the middle, crank the wheel to the left do a full circle and measure the circumference, which circle will be smaller?

you get the picture right, rake and trail determine handling characteristics while wheelbase determines circumference...