Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Ported Hayabusa Head...The Truth!!!  (Read 64665 times)

Offline TROUBLENC

• Rider
Re: Ported Hayabusa Head...The Truth!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
All this talk about heads i happened to have worked at one of these places tested. Im gonna say a few things and be done, any one of those heads tested could haul butt on the track on any given day it is the COMBINATIONthat makes the bike fly you can go buy the best head tested here and not use the combination with that head and get body slammed and yo lips pulled off at the track seen it happen a million times and yes its funny to everyone except the guy who spent his hard earned money on that head :hys:. But on to what the combination includes #1 piston size(what bore was used when flowing that particular head 81mm thru 87mm) and plz ask cause you might not be using that bore size #2 Cam size(if they flowed the head with a 445 or 425 cam) plz ask you may be using a smaller cam and again wasting your hard earned money on a head that you will never see the full potential.#3 Air speed (aka) velocity plays a big role on how the cylinder is filled you want a full cylinder which never happens but close to full as possible :lol: #4 cam timing plays a big role as stated before and you will have to play around which means countless hours on the dyno trying to find the right numbers which works with your head. No wonder some people like to keep their numbers a secret cause it wasnt free to find what worked with a certain combo. There are so many other factors i could talk to everyone went to sleep and woke again like class high school and i would be still going about this :hys: but remember its YOUR money ask questions all of these if u wanna and if they wanna get bitchy tell them hey u want my money or not, its a recession i wanna spend my hard earned money right the 1st time not 4 heads later to find what worked.  See Yall boyz i got to go shuck some corn me hungry!!!   Xtreme!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:45:16 PM by TROUBLENC »
Xtreme performance
IDBL Real street #1123

Offline supermario1

• Rider
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:50 AM »
When it comes to ported heads it all comes down to the combination. Compare apples to apples guys.

P.S. There's a guy in Iowa that ports heads. He has done them for people all over the world. and when it comes to the drag strip..........they fly for small hand ported heads!

Offline whtrthanu

• Post Master
    • www.saeoutlawperformance.com
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »
I would be up to compare your stuff to mine......not getting into a pissing match by now means....just curious to see what we got compared to what you got....now there has to be some info on the build though....like engine displacement, compression, cams....this way you can port to that combo....would be very interesting to see, im sure it would be very close....no one is going to make 10-15hp more than the next guy....and we can keep the port info to ourselves....so no one has to worry.....let me know about it........

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
  • Where am I? Don't worry bout it
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »
[

All this talk about heads i happened to have worked at one of these places tested. Im gonna say a few things and be done, any one of those heads tested could haul butt on the track on any given day it is the COMBINATIONthat makes the bike fly you can go buy the best head tested here and not use the combination with that head and get body slammed and yo lips pulled off at the track seen it happen a million times and yes its funny to everyone except the guy who spent his hard earned money on that head :hys:. But on to what the combination includes #1 piston size(what bore was used when flowing that particular head 81mm thru 87mm) and plz ask cause you might not be using that bore size #2 Cam size(if they flowed the head with a 445 or 425 cam) plz ask you may be using a smaller cam and again wasting your hard earned money on a head that you will never see the full potential.#3 Air speed (aka) velocity plays a big role on how the cylinder is filled you want a full cylinder which never happens but close to full as possible :lol: #4 cam timing plays a big role as stated before and you will have to play around which means countless hours on the dyno trying to find the right numbers which works with your head. No wonder some people like to keep their numbers a secret cause it wasnt free to find what worked with a certain combo. There are so many other factors i could talk to everyone went to sleep and woke again like class high school and i would be still going about this :hys: but remember its YOUR money ask questions all of these if u wanna and if they wanna get bitchy tell them hey u want my money or not, its a recession i wanna spend my hard earned money right the 1st time not 4 heads later to find what worked.  See Yall boyz i got to go shuck some corn me hungry!!!   Xtreme!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
[/quote]
I would be up to compare your stuff to mine......not getting into a pissing match by now means....just curious to see what we got compared to what you got....now there has to be some info on the build though....like engine displacement, compression, cams....this way you can port to that combo....would be very interesting to see, im sure it would be very close....no one is going to make 10-15hp more than the next guy....and we can keep the port info to ourselves....so no one has to worry.....let me know about it........
I would be willing to be an unsolicited participtant in this comparison. I would then take the best combo down to my favorite "road course" and recieve and distribute ''donations" from some unhappy customers from the top of the list and split the donations with the porter. LMK  :hys:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:09:22 PM by tyboogie »