Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Crank Work  (Read 22243 times)

Offline Gixx1300R

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Crank Work
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2006, 08:15:01 PM »
I don't disagree that Sean came on a bit strong, but I'll bet he's on the receiving end of this kind of stuff and gets tired of it.

Why would he be on the receiving end of this and why does he get tired of it if nothing like this ever happens to Falicon? I'm not going to post on this any further. I have stated my case. I still have the pics of the cranks along with all of the shipping info and envoices.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 08:45:34 PM by Gixx1300R »
War is nothing more than Old Men talking while Young men die

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2006, 08:37:20 PM »
If they were crooks or idiots, they would have been out of business a long time ago

That is not a true statement at all...

Offline MasterOfFaster

• New User!
  • Where am I?
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »
Why would he be on the receiving end of this and why does he get tired of it if nothing like this ever happens to Falicon?

No offense to anyone on this board, but I'm sure we can all agree that there are many inexperienced people who will build engines trying to save a few bucks.  They buy the same parts we do and figure all they have to do is bolt it all together.  When it breaks, the start pointing the fingers at the part vendors.  This happens in every industry, and if 2% of your customers are inept, they cause you 90% of grief.

Sometimes I get a bad part the bombs the motor, and that pisses me off.  Sometimes the racer does something stupid and blames me, when it is clearly not my fault.  I've been on both ends, and I understand why emotions can run high.

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »

if 2% of your customers are inept, they cause you 90% of grief.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Then those guys go on the internet and insist that because it didn't work for them, it doesn't work.

Jay

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2006, 11:47:34 PM »
i have had ape and falicon do stuff for me with no issues
and for years
ape did my kaw head back in 1980
hehe lol
tom was at falicon and did many kaw cranks for me  and some gixxers jay has done busa cranks for lots people i know

Offline Badbusa@work

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2006, 10:41:32 AM »
APE was not perfect in my transaction. Back in 2003 APE took 3 1/2 months before shipping too remove the counter balancer and balance the crank. I was qouted 4 weeks plus shipping. I sent my crank 2 day air the next day after being qouted that time and later when asking the status was told sorry we are in our busy superbike season doing cranks. Call back next month...
IWAS TOLD THAT I ASSEMBLED THE MOTOR WITH TRASH IN IT.... PUT IT BACK TOGETHER, AND GUESS WHAT LESS THAN 20 MILES LATER 2,3 AGAIN,,HMMM  NO LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MAD, I SENT THE CRANK BACK AND SAID WHAT THE EFF, THEY SAID TRASH, I SAID BULLSHIT,THEY SAID NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THE CRANK AND I SAID SEND IT BACK, I SENT IT TO ANOTHER CRANK GUY AND HE CALLED ME THE DAY AFTER RECIEVING IT AND SAID, 2,3 ARE OUT OF ROUND OVER A THOU, CRACKED ON 2,3 AND THE CENTER LINE BETWEEN 2,3 AND 1,4 ARE NOT THE SAME (BENT CRANK) IN OTHER WORDS A PILE OF SHIT, NOW WETHER I GOT A DIFFERENT CRANK I DONT KNOW, ALL I KNOW IS IT CAME OUT OF PERFECTLY GOOD RUNNING MOTOR WITH NO ISSUES AND WOULD NOT GO 20 MILES AFTER, AND THEN ON 2 OCCASIONS WAS TOLD THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT...... CONSIDERING WHAT WAS FOUND ITS ODVIOUS THEY DIDNT EVEN CHECK IT.

So I guess we can all agree that nobody is perfect.  BadBusa, if you'll check the end of the crank, Falicon puts a number on it.  You can indeed tell if you got the right crank back.  Now, I don't know what they told you, and just getting your side of the conversation doesn't help me understand what really happened.  I've worked with lots of top-name engine builders, including the factory guys.  They will all admit to putting an engine together wrong.  Saying you've been doing if for a long time does not mean you won't build a bad one, but it does suggest you might have trouble accepting that you _could_ have missed something.  I know I have, and I've been doing it for 30 years.  I _will_ build a bad one and accept that fact.  My experience is that anyone who loudly insists that its not their fault is someone that I have to be careful with.  And I suspect Falicon gets a lot of people who blame them wrongly, and I bet they get darn tired of it.  I wouldn't want to be in their position.

My experience with them (and I've been there many, many, many times) is they put a huge amount of effort into making sure each crank is marked, and tracked at every step.  I have no doubt that they really try their best to do the best work they can.  I bet they will make a mistake from time to time, and try to do what's right.  But I know if _I_ call them and start yelling at them and say they screwed up, they might take offense at that.  I'm not perfect, and I don't expect that of them.  But they do have an amazing batting average, do fantastic work, and are good people.  There is a reason they well respected in the industry.

If they were crooks or idiots, they would have been out of business a long time ago.  I don't disagree that Sean came on a bit strong, but I'll bet he's on the receiving end of this kind of stuff and gets tired of it.  Life goes on...

BTW, BadBusa.... try turning off your Caps Lock, and give the spell checker a try...  Some people figure that if you can't handle the details on a public post, maybe you also missed that piece of dirt in your oil can.

YOU EITHER HAVE NOT READ MY ENTIRE POST AND OR JUST DIDNT TAKE IN EVERYTHING I WROTE, 1 I KNOW IM HUMAN AND CAN MAKE MISTAKES, HOWEVER I DID NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE 2 TIMES IN A ROW, WITH THE SAME RESULT IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME, I NEVER SAID I DID NOT GET THE SAME CRANK BACK, BUT IT DOES MAKE YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEND IT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO HAVE IT CHECKED  AND THIS GUY HAS A LAUNDRY LIST OF FAILURES! THAT COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN MISSED IF IT WERE CHECKED BY A CRANK FACILITY SUCH AS THIS WITH THE NAME THEY HAVE, SO EXPLAIN THAT. WHEN THIS ENGINE WAS DISASSEMBLED ORIGINALLY THE MOTOR HAD HUNDREDS OF PASSES ON IT AND THE BEARINGS LOOKED PERFECT, AND NOW IT WOULDNT GO 20 MILES (2 FREAKIN TIMES) WITH OUT DESTROYING 2,3..........

I HAD A CRANK DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE ,I ASSEMBLED IT (YOU KNOW, WITH A CRESENT WRENCH AND SOME HAMMERS, IN A WINDY DIRT FIELD) AND HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM SINCE, SAME CASES, RODS, OIL PUMP , YOU NAME IT!!! OVER 240 HP

AS FAR AS CAPS GO MY WORK COMPUTER WORKS OFF AN OLD REYNOLDS PROGRAM AND DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE KEY BOARD WITH THE CAPS OFF. AND THAT SAME PIECE OF DIRT HUNG AROUND AND CAUSED THE EXACT SAME FAILURE IN THE EXACT SAME TIME. :dh:

WHEN SOMEONE "PAYS" THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING THEY DO EXPECT PERFECTION, AND A SIDE NOTE, THEY CHARGED ME 100.00 2 DIFFERENT TIMES TO TELL ME THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH A CRANK WITH 2 JOURNALS OUT OF ROUND OVER A THOU, CENTER LINES INCORRECT AND CRACKED.............. BULLSHIT, THEY DIDNT CHECK IT SAY WHAT YOU LIKE THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF

I SPELL CHECKED IT SO LET ME GET BACK TO PUTTING MOTORS TOGETHER WITH DIRT IN THEM!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:39:38 PM by Badbusa@work »
FL BOYS

Offline Badbusa@work

• Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2006, 05:05:10 PM »
I'm not looking to turn this into a pissing match, but after having read through this thread I feel I should respond to some of the accusations and stories in here.

First of all, Falicon has never, ever, returned a crank that was not the one sent in by the customer. To say so is just absurd. What would be our motive? To steal your good crank and replace it with a bad one? Why would we want to do that? We don't sell OEM cranks. We make the baddest ALL BILLET busa cranks on the planet. We modify and repair stock cranks as a service to our customers on a budget. We don't want or need to keep your OEM crank, new or otherwise. The "work order number on the crank" idea is a good one, one we came up with twenty years ago.

Second, to the guy who supposedly had journals go bad on a crank that we repaired, I am very sorry you can't assemble an engine properly. Perhaps you should pay someone to do it next time. We ship literally dozens of repaired cranks per week and they all seem to work fine. Why was your crank the exception? That is a question you need to ask yourself. What could we have done that would have made your crank go bad? If you use a little common sense, or perhaps had a better understanding of how your crank was repaired, you would realize that the problem could not possibly have been us. It's just easier to blame us then accept that you messed up somewhere though, huh?

We have had cranks worked on by every crank shop in the nation come through here for repair, including competitors that advertise on this site. We are familiar with our competitions work, and let me tell you we are confident that our position as the number one high performance motorcycle crank shop in the world is very secure.

The competition can make all the sly comments they want, at the end of the day who buys parts from who? Who put's our products (gold cam sprockets, baskets, etc.) in their catalog as if they were their own? What better endorsement of the quality of work done by the guys here could we ask for than having the competitors buy our stuff?

I'm very happy that some of our customers have stuck up for us in here. We look forward to another thirty years of serving the high performance community with our constantly evolving line of products. Our 11mm busa strokers (biggest available anywhere) are kicking butt on dragstrips all over the country, our new 5mm ZX14 stroker crank is currently undergoing testing and you can look forward to a full line of products for that bike in the immediate future as well. The facts are that we are the best in the business and are in no danger of losing that position anytime soon. Anyone with any questions or comments can speak to me directly by calling Falicon and I would be happy to talk to you.

RE-READ MY POST SLICK, I NEVER SAID YOU REPAIRED ANY JOURNALS, ALL YOU SAY IT NEEDED WAS MICROPOLISH AND THE NOSE STRAIGHTNED, WHICH I SAID OKAY TO. THEN KABOOM , SENT IT TO YOU YOU SAID " THERE IS NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH THIS CRANK YOU HAD TO ASSEMBLE IT WITH TRASH IN IT" I TOOK YOU AT YOUR WORD AND REPLACED EVERY BEARING , EVERY GASKET , OIL PUMP , MADE ABSOLUTLEY SURE THE OIL SYSTEM AND ALL GALLERIES WERE CLEEEEEEEAN, I EVEN DISASSEMBLED THE HEAD AND CLEANED IT AS WELL , I ALSO REPLACED ALL THE RUBBER OIL HOSE FEED LINES ON THE ENGINE , THEN I DOUBLE CHECCCKED ALL CLEARENCES AND BEARING CODES. ( I ALSO SENT YOU THE RODS AND MADE SURE THEY WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THOSE, YOUR KNIFE RODS AS A MATTER OF FACT, THAT I STILL RUN TODAY) REASSEMBLE THEN KABOOM, SAME EXACT FAILURE, IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME.....   YOU SAY TRASH!!! WELL YOU READ THAT PART IM SURE,

I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU , ANOTHER GUY CHECKING MY CRANK (INDEPENDENT SHOP) DOESNT KNOW WHO DID THE CRANK OR TOLD THE STORY BEHIND HIM CHECKING IT UNTIL HE GAVE ME THE RESULTS OF THE CHECK OUT, THEN HE WASNT STILL TOLD WHO . AND HE TELLS ME WHAT HE TOLD ME... THERE IS NOOOOOOOOO WAY YOU CHECKED IT 2 TIMES AND FOUND NOTHING WRONG. THIS MAKES ME FEEL AS A CUSTOMER AS I WAS, I PAID YOU TO BUILD THE CRANK ORIGIANLLY, AND MAINTAIN IT WHILE IN USE, BOUGHT MY RODS FROM YOU, AND ALL MY OIL COOLED PARTS FOR YEARS FROM STROKERS TO RODS, I WASNT A FLY BY NIGHT CUSTOMER, I WAS A REGUALR CUSTOMER. IN THE END I FELL LIKE I GOT SCREWED , IF I WOULD HAVE TOOK YOU AT YOUR WORD AGAIN , I WOULD HAVE ASSEMBLED IT AND IT WOULD HAVE BROKE AGAIN, DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH TIME AND MONEY WENT INTO THAT ENGINE BEING INSTALLED AND REMOVED 3 TIMES COST ME. IM SURE YOU HAVE NO CONCEPT, ALL YOU KNOW IS YOU AS A BUSSINESS NEVVVVVVVER SCREWS UP , JUST BLAME IT ON THE ASSEMBLER, BULLSHIT, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY EFF ME 1 TIME SHAME ON YOU , EFF ME 2 TIMES SHAME ON ME, BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET A PENNY OF MY MONEY AGAIN. THE CRANK GUY I USE NOW , BLOWS YOU AWAY IN QUALITY AND HE IS A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE, SO MONEY IS NOT THE ISSUE, IF IT WERE I WOULD NOT BE RACING THESE THINGS.

E.B.  ASSEMBLER OF DIRTY ENGINES..

FL BOYS

Offline GSXRme

• Post Whore
  • Sand isn't your Friend
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2006, 08:42:01 PM »
APE all the way :)

Offline enginetuna

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2006, 05:06:12 AM »
No offense to anyone on this board, but I'm sure we can all agree that there are many inexperienced people who will build engines trying to save a few bucks.  They buy the same parts we do and figure all they have to do is bolt it all together.  When it breaks, the start pointing the fingers at the part vendors.  This happens in every industry, and if 2% of your customers are inept, they cause you 90% of grief.

Sometimes I get a bad part the bombs the motor, and that pisses me off.  Sometimes the racer does something stupid and blames me, when it is clearly not my fault.  I've been on both ends, and I understand why emotions can run high.
Ain't that the truth.  Most customers are pretty cool and realistic, but there are always those few with no patience or aptitude for it and they cause more headache that all the others put together.

Offline enginetuna

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2006, 05:08:04 AM »
question from a english man, how much does your re/worked crank cost,this service is not available in the uk!.......many thanks...........
Nice name :D
There are quite a few places you can get it done in uk.  Drop me an email and let me know where you are.

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2006, 09:17:02 AM »
That was my last post on my engine project which is finally nearing completion. Some intresting things being done and have never seen posted not too say nobody else is doing but read enough boards never seen mentioned.

Too much drama with some of the WWW audience. Enjoy the web much more with 99% reading topics and 1% posting :P

Rick

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2007, 07:21:02 AM »
That was my last post on my engine project which is finally nearing completion. Some intresting things being done and have never seen posted not too say nobody else is doing but read enough boards never seen mentioned.

Too much drama with some of the WWW audience. Enjoy the web much more with 99% reading topics and 1% posting :P

Rick

Pm will be fine :D