Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New heavier spring and suspension settings  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Danf

• Rider
New heavier spring and suspension settings
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:05:45 AM »
I been riding on my new 1.02 kilo front springs and race tech valves for a couple weeks now.  When I picked up the bike, the front preload was set on thread 8, rebound - 5 and comp - 5.  Road it for a day and realized that's not right.  Made some measurements/adjustments and went for ride yesterday.  Front - preload - thread 5 , rebound - 5 out, comp - 7 out and rear - preload - 2 revs tighter from stock, rebound - 10 out, comp - 7 out.  I used a lot of guidance from this board (thanks for getting me closer).  I'm 6' 2", 215, bike it stock and ride mostly VA/WV mountain/backroad twisties.  It was a lot better but feels it needs some fine tuning.  Very tight feel with feeling most of the imperfections in the road.  I was just was wondering what others have set there suspension to with the added spring weight.

TIA

Offline luvfastbkes

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: New heavier spring and suspension settings
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:32:53 PM »
Check out one of the suspension shops (GMD, CTR, or one of the other guys) at a VIR or Summit Point race/trackday.  They are top notch for getting the set-up very close.  I can usually do ok by riding and adjusting and riding and adjusting, but they'll get it close right out of the box--well worth the $40-50!!!

Have you been on the road course yet?  I take a busa out to VIR every couple months--lots of fun passing slow guys around the outside aboard an "overweight, non-handling" bike  :lol:

Gotta love the backroads around here (VA/WV), nothing better anywhere in the country!