Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: great year for motorcycle racing?  (Read 6629 times)

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
great year for motorcycle racing?
« on: September 05, 2006, 02:22:44 PM »
seems to me this is one of the best years ever for motorcycle racing in the last 6 or 7 years especially superbikes and motoGP...

even the british superbike championship is coming right down to the wire! in WSB bayless hasn't quite sealed the deal but looking good, it seems all factories have been on the podium and in the mix. with 150 points and 3 more races to go there is a chance toseland or haga could steal the championship if bayless walks away with a DNF....

AMA is all suzuki but Mladin may not get there as he would need to win the next and last race of the season at mid-ohio and ben get 17th or less, nonetheless ben spies has brought a little more excitement to the event as matt has basically walked away easily with the last 6 championships... and FUCK ME did you see yates pass neil on the last lap to put suzuki 1 2 3 on the podium!

motoGP is definitely the most exciting coming down to the wire having an american in the hot seat for the first time in a long time but at least 5 teams still have a chance at the championship, unlike the last few years where rosie got there easily. only 50 points separate the top 5 teams with 5 races and 100 points remaining....

good year for motorcycle racing, GO NICKY!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:59:29 PM by Twisted »

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Re: great year for motorcycle racing?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 06:05:46 PM »
Next year I am ordering what ever channle I need to watch these races. I didnt even get to make it to a single AMA race this year I am so pissed. Next year I am going to be more into it, will make more time for it  :yes:
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:15:03 PM »
speed channel is all you can get unless you order motoGP online, if you do that you can watch poor quality motoGP at your leisure, I am wondering why there isn't an all motorcycle racing network?

AMA has 4 classes and sometimes double headers potentially 8 races in a weekend, plus practice and qualifying heats thats a lot of footage!

then theres FIM, 2 classes with double headers as well, practice sessions and superpoles!!!

british superbikes!!!

australian superbikes!!!!

TT racing!!!!!!

MotoGP plus the 125s and 250s practice sessions and qualifying sessions, thats a tankard of racing!!!!!!

if someone was smart they would pick up all the racing and make a shitload on advertising, hell I'll bet kawasucky would pay the way just to try and unload all those zx13.5s....   :lmao:

but seriously you could have 18 hours of footage a day plus repeats for people that want to watch again or just missed it, the speed channel dropped the ball with their lack of commentating skills and using a platform like 2wheel Tuesday, greg white and that other chuckle head...

just use a straight forward platform and show the shit people want to see like qualifying, practice, the races, podium speeches, rider interviews and so on, no BS commentating by wanna be's and live video of a riders glove during races when there's slicing and dicing going on, straight forward camera angles in passing zones and straightaways, no one wants to see video of a camera pointed straight up in the air from a subframe angle...  :duh:

greg white and dave despain ruined on air motorcycle racing!!!

Offline Kalonice

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 08:26:43 PM »
oh yeah, I am sure, just sure that you would love to go 'rid in' with HIM

DOB?

Offline pr111

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 10:28:43 AM »
I've only been following motogp, wsb, and ama sb and definitely agree that motogp and wsb has been great.  But for AMA sbk, as much as love Suzuki's, I sure would love to see Honda and Kawasaki get in the mix with a chance to win more often (hopefully Yamaha next year too).  I have a feeling 2007 will be even better.

-PR

Offline Kalonice

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 08:49:28 PM »
seems to me this is one of the best years ever for motorcycle racing in the last 6 or 7 years especially superbikes and motoGP...

even the british superbike championship is coming right down to the wire! in WSB bayless hasn't quite sealed the deal but looking good, it seems all factories have been on the podium and in the mix. with 150 points and 3 more races to go there is a chance toseland or haga could steal the championship if bayless walks away with a DNF....

AMA is all suzuki but Mladin may not get there as he would need to win the next and last race of the season at mid-ohio and ben get 17th or less, nonetheless ben spies has brought a little more excitement to the event as matt has basically walked away easily with the last 6 championships... and FUCK ME did you see yates pass neil on the last lap to put suzuki 1 2 3 on the podium!

motoGP is definitely the most exciting coming down to the wire having an american in the hot seat for the first time in a long time but at least 5 teams still have a chance at the championship, unlike the last few years where rosie got there easily. only 50 points separate the top 5 teams with 5 races and 100 points remaining....

good year for motorcycle racing, GO NICKY!!!!!

cutey.

Offline Headshot

• Post Master
    • http://n/a
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:26:52 PM »
Superbike and GP, what else is there!!!! :thumb:
"Two to the body one to the head"

Offline Azar

• Rider
  • I hate Winter!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 11:53:06 PM »
F1 and Lemans  :twisted:
Azar

98 GTP - Modded
1988 10AE RX-7 - LS1/T-56 Swap in Progress

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 03:59:03 AM »
F1 and Lemans  :twisted:

true dat, maybe even throw in a little WRC....  :thumb:

Offline Ardec2

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »
I love all the TV coverage but I am disappointed that this years Moto Gp is a tire game,...  its pretty obvious that the new tire rules have turned it into a tire war which Bridgestone is the hands down winner!

i've often read that tire wars hurt the series  more  its been the same in cart nascar etc,.. eleminate the tires then its all bike and tuning and drivers!

hats off to casey and team and the Duc !
robert-  to most a "YANKEE",.  i live in the south and tell em "but i'm from "southern" california!