Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gee, I Wonder How I Picked THAT Up?  (Read 5867 times)

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
Gee, I Wonder How I Picked THAT Up?
« on: August 31, 2006, 01:35:27 AM »
Well I was looking at my Busa, and I noticed this big nail hanging out of the rear tire, right at the edge of the tread.

I had just finished carving some serious corners on a local highway. The cool thing is that I was so far over when it stuck in, that it went in Sideways, never penetrating the tire completely! After I picked it up, I went on to grind off most of it off, while having a blast in the canyon. WHen I pulled it out, it came out sideways

Since these are new Sportec M3s, I was pleased to see the tire return to shape so well it is hard to see where it was, once I pulled the nail.  8)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 01:37:29 AM by X E Ryder »

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: Gee, I Wonder How I Picked THAT Up?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »
whats that a chicken feather?  :lmao:

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:41:18 PM »
hehehe, I wish.

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:36:31 PM »
couldn't have been leaned over too much with that much pussy strip showing.  :lol:
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »
I dunno man, my knee pucks say I was on the ground, how much further over you want while on the street?

Besides, it was YOUR idea for me to change to a tire size with a whole lot more side contact patch.  LOL 8)

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 12:52:50 AM »
nice pic  :D

Yeah, yer right. On the street you shouldn't take it to the edge. I keep forgeting that because I'm a track only whore now...  :lol:

An observation/constructive critisism about your body position though, if I may............

Get your head down further and more inside and get of fthe bike more.

I'm still working on mine, too

and here's a parting shot (please, no "wide load" jokes or anything like that!  :lol: )

another note... Do you have your suspension set up properly? I only ask because in your pic, the chin fairing is awfully close to toching the ground and it looks like your close to scraping the lower edge of your fairing.

Look at my bike in my pics. I'm much larger than you, yet I have plenty of clearance, even with the front lowerd about 1/2" (the rear is raised 1"). In your pic the nose seems to be diving into the corner, yet your hand is off the brake lever. Maybe your front end is too soft? Again, it's just an observation.

Have you had the sag set properly?

have you upgraded your springs?

have you tried to dial in the rebound and compression?

Oil level in the forks?

A lot of guys think it's cool to scrape plastic and they think that must make them fast, when in fact it makes them dangerous. At no time should your plastics touch the pavement. Dragging ANY hard parts is always a BAD thing.

Hope this helps you out and keep up the railing!  :thumb:
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 10:38:29 AM »
Hey Bro!

Nice pics by the way, you look good out there! So you went 100% Track Hoe huh? LOL If you are pushing too hard on the street your better off carving on the track for sure - I am still in denial hehehehe.

Your constructive criticism welcomed! Actually that turn is so tight it was over after the shutter closed on that pic, and I was already on my way to the other side of the bike for a Righty. You'll note how tight it is by the yellow line, even as a wide lane, it is hairpin tightness. That corner tends to "suck down" the bike, but I need to check sag indeed.

As for the "wide load" thing, my buddy is 6'4" 360lbs, and that boy either sticks his bike to the road or is just wicked fast, 'cause he goes hard as anybody through the canyon. I always enjoy people bagging on him from a distance - you can see them being scornful, and when we hit the road the joke is on them 99% of the time!

When I'm in a sweeper or corner that is not a short snap I drop my knee and have about 2 degrees of lean left before the rear tire starts drifting. pic...

I have not drug any hard parts, believe me, the LAST thing I wanna do; high center, I have seen that first hand - bad stuff! I need to pull my forks and send them to Dave Hodges of GP suspension, just have not gotten around to it yet.

Take care bro.  8)

Offline BusaBusa00

• Rider
  • I'm to sexy for my shirt
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 06:23:36 PM »
man that sucks
2004 LE

Offline LE05BUSA

• Rider
  • If you say so...
    • LABusas.oRg
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
I used to have a lot of the same problems as you. In the pic below, the pegs and sidestand are scraping.

I have since rectified the problem by going to 1.2kg/mm forksprings/revalve and a Works Performance revalved stock rear shock with a 900lb/in Eibach spring. I have since added a set of 1" raising links in the rear which helped turn-in/clearance, and a set of Sato adjustable rearsets (currently 1" up, 1" back) which gave me even more ground clearance. It's tough to scrape the rearsets, but it has happened at max lean a couple of times. Overall, these mods (along with the front Brembo kit) are the best thing I've ever done to the bike.  :thumb:

Offline FBM

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 11:47:59 PM »
Nice riding guys!

the only corners here are the 8 clover leaf over passes...   prairie is so boring