Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New Nitrous sytem in town  (Read 40176 times)

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
Re: New Nitrous sytem in town
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2006, 12:56:16 PM »
After seeing this, I was thinking of doing the same as your set up on my turbo to add secondary injectors.  :idea:

I have a set of 48 for sale that drop right in  :wink: stocks are  26  they are perfect for a secondery controler  :D paid over 300 for them with the  pig tail harnesses and like to get 260 shipped

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 01:01:50 PM by 469 Boy*Robert Kelly »

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2007, 03:26:19 PM »
Can this set up be used on a stock motor with a mild hit of the juice??? Also what else would I need to make it work properly?

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »
Can this set up be used on a stock motor with a mild hit of the juice??? Also what else would I need to make it work properly?

if you need a mild hit just get a $2-300 kit. 

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »

Yes it can BTW i have a used  wet kit for sale look in for sale

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »
The reason I ask is for upgradeability purposes...I might need only a mild hit now, but I have plans to build th motor up in the future...so why waste the money on a little hit kit, when I can get the hole bang now and just upgrade the motor latter.  Besides if I go the turbo route I can use the extra injector anyhow right???

Offline crazybill

• Mad Post Whore
    • www.PortTechHeads.com
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »
Besides if I go the turbo route I can use the extra injector anyhow right???

exactly !
“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a builder who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.”

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2007, 06:57:46 PM »
I know I'm asking a ton of questions, but I was seriously concidering going the supercharger route to keep my shop's show bike different.  However, I'm reasonably impressed with the NO2 kit I'm seeing, I just need to work out the specifics and I should be ready to purchase it by the end of the month possibly beggining of next month.  The controler module that you show with the $5 behind it, does this neggate the need for a Power Commander or do I still need one to regulate my primary injectors?  Does the kit you are building come complete with all that I need to seal it to the box?  Can I program the size of the NO2 hit?  Lastly what tuning/parts will I need to make this work with the stock motor untill I am ready for an all out nitro build?  Feel free to email me at ricklaw26@hotmail.com with specific prices, I am highly interested just need to get an honest idea of what I'm getting into price costs aside. 

Offline crazybill

• Mad Post Whore
    • www.PortTechHeads.com
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »
I know I'm asking a ton of questions, but I was seriously concidering going the supercharger route to keep my shop's show bike different.  However, I'm reasonably impressed with the NO2 kit I'm seeing, I just need to work out the specifics and I should be ready to purchase it by the end of the month possibly beggining of next month.  The controler module that you show with the $5 behind it, does this neggate the need for a Power Commander or do I still need one to regulate my primary injectors?  Does the kit you are building come complete with all that I need to seal it to the box?  Can I program the size of the NO2 hit?  Lastly what tuning/parts will I need to make this work with the stock motor untill I am ready for an all out nitro build?  Feel free to email me at ricklaw26@hotmail.com with specific prices, I am highly interested just need to get an honest idea of what I'm getting into price costs aside. 

Yes youll need a power commander to map the bike . the stock airbox assembly will sluip onto the throttle bodies . yes you can control the size of the shot with the controller (in percentages) . map it on a dyno just like normal just bring a laptop as well so you can tune your nitrous map as well as the standard pc map . we have just been using a basic formula for the nitrous/fuel ratio in the n2o controller map and its worked flawlessly so far .
As far as prices youll have to get with Matt .   
“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a builder who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.”

Offline j winkelman

• Rider
  • FAT 4 LIFE
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2007, 04:37:37 AM »
What kind of power gains do you get by just the throttlebodies being bigger? What do you have to do to get it to work on a busa asfar as the wiring end of it?

Offline M Wright

• Rider
    • DBD
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:11 AM »
I don't know about power gains on motor, or if it would be worth the money.

TB's $200
Machine work $350
Fuel rails $300

Thats a bunch of money for a couple HP

Offline j winkelman

• Rider
  • FAT 4 LIFE
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »
 OK Matt, you seem to be the NOS dry shot gurue on the board. I have a 13.5:1 1397 it makes 2teens on motor. I just sprayed  it with 2-33 jets in the air box and only gaines 70 hp. What kind of timming should I be pulling with c-16? I had asked about the bigger throttle bodies before because I don't spray mine all the time and was wondering if they worked on motor or just worth the money for a big dry shot. What do you do for a big dry shot without the extra injectors?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 02:08:29 PM by j winkelman »

Offline M Wright

• Rider
    • DBD
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2007, 07:09:07 PM »
You're not running a stock fuel system are you?   :grn:  S-2000 injectors will support over 400 hp.  However it is VERY diffacult to get them to idle and rev with the big injectors with big fuel pressure.  70hp is probably about the limit you want to fog the box with.   I would consider a spray bar to insure even nitrous distribution.  As far as my tune ups I'm Very conservative.  I always go real rich and pull out more timing than required.  Burned motors suck.  However if you are running c-16 and are plenty rich you won't need one.  If you go bigger 80hp or so I would install an EFIR and start with 4 degrees out. 

Offline j winkelman

• Rider
  • FAT 4 LIFE
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2007, 04:43:08 AM »
 I have the efir and I pulled 7 to be safe with u-4 and it was a little lean with the mps instant rich and the fuel pressure bumped up to 55lbs, but I am switching to c 16 and going to pull it again with the timming you recomended. If I go with the s 2000 injectors and stock pump with the pressure bumped up I can spray a 100 shot and be safe then, thanks.

Offline M Wright

• Rider
    • DBD
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
NO WAY!!!   You are already making more power than the stock pump can support.  Thats why you are seeing the lean condition.  That won't change with bigger injectors.  It will just make it hard to make the bike idle.

Offline j winkelman

• Rider
  • FAT 4 LIFE
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2007, 10:25:15 AM »
 What kind of intank pump and regulators do they  make so I can put the s 2000 injestors in and leave the fuel pressure lower?

Offline j winkelman

• Rider
  • FAT 4 LIFE
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2007, 10:38:39 AM »
 What is the advantage with a dry over the wet when you start spending the money on bigger injestors, throttlebodies, bigger pumps and the intant riche set ups??

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »
What is the advantage with a dry over the wet when you start spending the money on bigger injestors, throttlebodies, bigger pumps and the intant riche set ups??

You're too funny.
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline M Wright

• Rider
    • DBD
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »
The motor doesn't know weather it is wet or dry.  You simply need 5 grams of nitrous to every one gram of fuel.  We've come up with a better way to control fuel.  The nitrous follows.  I can deliver nitrous smoother and faster and with more control. 

I don't know of a good in tank pump.   

Offline turbo1320

• Rider
    • www.1320straightliners.com
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2007, 02:52:56 AM »
??????????????????? What is going on with the BIG DRY SHOT????????????????????

Offline M Wright

• Rider
    • DBD
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2007, 09:06:38 AM »
There are several out right now.  We have made some hardware changes to interface with the TIC 1000.  The new controllers are due in first of next wee.  The big motor bike is almost ready.  It's COLD HERE!!!

Offline turbo1320

• Rider
    • www.1320straightliners.com
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2007, 12:12:24 PM »
You have Buy The Tic-1000 too????? To make it work!! Why because of the 5 volt output???

Offline crazybill

• Mad Post Whore
    • www.PortTechHeads.com
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
no you dont have too . Matt just wanted to make it so that you could use a tic if you want too . I got my new motor all done and probably going to dyno the bike next week on motor , then we'll get back to testing the spray with the upgraded setup (2 solinoids since we maxed out the single solinoid on the last test with the little motor) . Tonight im wiring it with all the old electronics (efir , window switch , DBD controller) so itll be the same as last setup from an electronics standpoint . I basically rebuilt the entire bike so everything needs remounted and wired . i think the head,cases and forks are the only parts i reused . 

Offline M Wright

• Rider
    • DBD
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2007, 07:26:47 AM »
You have Buy The Tic-1000 too????? To make it work!! Why because of the 5 volt output???

It worked just fine without the TIC.  I just saw an inexpensive way to improve on the finished product.  The TIC 1000 gives you better timing contol than the EFIR is capable of.  Control wins races.