Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Under Tail and License Plate  (Read 20254 times)

Offline lowrider

• Rider
  • FOR ALL THE SOLDIERS GOD SPEED
Re: Under Tail and License Plate
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 11:07:21 PM »
u got busted pay the ticket. Plead guilty just send the check in the mail dont waist your time going down unless u have to show up.

but thats just me  :thumb:

Offline lowrider

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 11:15:20 PM »
some times if u go to court plead guilty the judge will lower the fine or let u take a def. drivers with no points off. its yur call but do plead guilty. they hate it when yur busted and u take up there time with bs. trust me on that. ask J-smitty .

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 12:41:50 AM »
since you haven't been before i would pay ticket busters and you will surely get off.  either off completely or possibly court fees.

Offline lowrider

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2006, 01:25:12 AM »
since you haven't been before i would pay ticket busters and you will surely get off.  either off completely or possibly court fees.

what is ticket busters. we no go it in the AK.

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 02:56:48 AM »
Sounds like this is the thread for me.
 :wink:
 I am going to the court house to answer for 80 in a 55.  I was extreemly polite when stopped.  I was pulled over before the man even turned on the lights.  Speak when spoken too, paperwork available and correct, no BS excuses, proper respect and bearing towards a LEO in a potentialy dangerous situation.  I kept my hands in plain sight, no sudden or unexpected movement, "Yes Sir, I was speeding." :cry:
Now, I have never been to court before.  What do Ido? :?:
Plead guilty / not guilty?  Ask for a break?  I don't want my insurance to go up, and I don't need points on my license.  But when I walk in there I will be flying blind.  I don't even know what to expect.  :?

You can go to court and plead "Guilty with an explanation" (rushing home because of diarea, etc.).  If you happen to not be one of the first defendants called up, listen to when other defendants are called to see if any of them have the same officer that wrote you the ticket.  If so and the officer is NOT there, plead not guilty.  The judge has no evidence of your violation and will say "you're free to go".  If you just send in the money and pay the ticket off, then you are stuck with fines and points.  I always encourage people to go to court for the ticket.  A lot of people think treat it as a threat "I'll see you in court!"  O.k  remember that police get paid to be there (overtime if it's not during their shift).  Let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.

Rayjred, I too am a minority and I know what it's like to be guilty of DWB.

Even though this tag law might seem stupid.  The majority of lockups we get (warrants hits, drugs in the car, guns in the car, stolen plates or vehicles) are obtained from pulling people over because of something simple as a registration plate infraction.  You all do not see the ugly side of society that police officers see.  If it comes to something as simple as a "stupid" license plate law that helps keep criminals off the street than so be it.   Just because I have a busa doesn't mean that I am going to "pick on"  Harley riders.  Yes, there is an underlying beef between us and them, but that doesn't affect my judgment when it comes to doing my job.

Offline rlbowers3

• Rider
  • DEALS GAP Apr '06
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 07:48:56 AM »
 I am going to the court house to answer for 80 in a 55.  I was extreemly polite when stopped.  I was pulled over before the man even turned on the lights.  Speak when spoken too, paperwork available and correct, no BS excuses, proper respect and bearing towards a LEO in a potentialy dangerous situation.  I kept my hands in plain sight, no sudden or unexpected movement, "Yes Sir, I was speeding." :cry:
Plead guilty / not guilty?  Ask for a break?  I don't want my insurance to go up, and I don't need points on my license.  But when I walk in there I will be flying blind.  I don't even know what to expect.  :?

You can go to court and plead "Guilty with an explanation" (rushing home because of diarea, etc.).  If you happen to not be one of the first defendants called up, listen to when other defendants are called to see if any of them have the same officer that wrote you the ticket.  If so and the officer is NOT there, plead not guilty.  The judge has no evidence of your violation and will say "you're free to go".  If you just send in the money and pay the ticket off, then you are stuck with fines and points.  I always encourage people to go to court for the ticket.  A lot of people think treat it as a threat "I'll see you in court!"  O.k  remember that police get paid to be there (overtime if it's not during their shift).  Let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.

Rayjred, I too am a minority and I know what it's like to be guilty of DWB.

...  You all do not see the ugly side of society that police officers see.... 
:D :D :D
Props to the Cops!!!
I have been thinking about becoming a CHP when I retire from the Army.  The one thing holding me back is that I am afraid that I will become very cynical.  EVERYONE lies to the cops.  "No, Ociffer, I didn't see that stop sign."  or "I wasn't going that fast."  I don't think that I could handle losing my trust in mankind for a job.
SFC Bowers
MiTT Advisor to Iraqi Army
MOSUL, IRAQ

Past bikes;
79 Vespa 185, 80 Vespa P200, 82 SECA 550,
85 GS1150ES, 73 CB750, 00 Busa(red),
00 Busa(blu)

Current bikes;
02 XR50, 02 XR100, 06 CRF100, 06 KLX110
Married 15+yrs, 7 kids (all ride

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 08:51:40 AM »

law offices that fight tickets for you for about $75-80. 

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

Unfortunately, ticket busters take avantage of the fact that most people are afraid of court and have no clue what to do or say.  Just like the Credit Helping People who can "fix" your credit.  They aren't doing anything that you can't do yourself, but you are paying them to do it.  In today's information age, it's easy to log on and get information on what needs to be done.  I fixed my credit when there were things that shouldn't be on there just by looking up and reading about how to fight the good fight.  Ticket Busters cannot guarantee to get you out of a ticket. read the fine print QUOTE (5 . Should Customer's ticket be found Guilty for the full amount, Customer agrees and understands that Customer will be responsible for paying the Municipality the cost of the ticket and that Ticket Buster will refund to the Customer the Guaranteed Dismissal Fee paid, as long as Customer has met all of their obligations which are outlined below.) Be careful of the "too good to be true" claims.

rlblowers3,
Not everyone is cut out to become a cop.  Just like you have parents that shouldn't have children, there are cops that should be trusted with that authority.  In my experience, however, I have encountered more parent's that shouldn't have children than authority abusing cops.  If you are a grounded person and know from the gate that people are going to lie to you or push up their bra while you are walking up to the car or offer other favors to get out of a ticket, then you won't become AS cynical as you think.  You will forever be changed on how you see things in general.  Good luck with your decision

Offline rayjred

• Rider
  • Never Say Die
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »
I hear you J Smitty. That's exactly why I keep myself honest. But because of knuckle heads out there my honesty has never gotten me any breaks with LEO except for one time when I was trying to get to boot camp and a FHP gave me a break because he was Navy and that was where I was headed I can honestly say that is the only break I can ever remember getting. I have always been respectful to LEO but again, that has never gotten me any major breaks but one. I am no longer some young kid and take my chance from time to time. You all know the feeling, you just want to get on the throttle sometimes and hope to God LEO isn't around.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
RayJRed

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »

Unfortunately, ticket busters take avantage of the fact that most people are afraid of court and have no clue what to do or say.  Just like the Credit Helping People who can "fix" your credit.  They aren't doing anything that you can't do yourself, but you are paying them to do it.  In today's information age, it's easy to log on and get information on what needs to be done.  I fixed my credit when there were things that shouldn't be on there just by looking up and reading about how to fight the good fight.  Ticket Busters cannot guarantee to get you out of a ticket. read the fine print QUOTE (5 . Should Customer's ticket be found Guilty for the full amount, Customer agrees and understands that Customer will be responsible for paying the Municipality the cost of the ticket and that Ticket Buster will refund to the Customer the Guaranteed Dismissal Fee paid, as long as Customer has met all of their obligations which are outlined below.) Be careful of the "too good to be true" claims.

rlblowers3,
Not everyone is cut out to become a cop.  Just like you have parents that shouldn't have children, there are cops that should be trusted with that authority.  In my experience, however, I have encountered more parent's that shouldn't have children than authority abusing cops.  If you are a grounded person and know from the gate that people are going to lie to you or push up their bra while you are walking up to the car or offer other favors to get out of a ticket, then you won't become AS cynical as you think.  You will forever be changed on how you see things in general.  Good luck with your decision

some people don't care to take the day off work(not get paid) drive sometimes 1 hour or more,  get to court,  sit and wait,  lose anywhere from $60-1xx for the day(maybe even more)  and for what?  to say you did it yourself?   no thanks. 

Offline lowrider

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 09:54:44 PM »
ALL I AM SAYING IS WHERE IN THIS WORLD IS EVERYTHING GOING TO BE FAIR ITS NOT AND AS LONG AS THAT ARE STATE TROOPERS THAT RIDE HARLEYS THEY GOING TO PICK ON SPORTBIKES AND AS FOR RAYJRED  A MINORITY WELL WINTER IS COMING SOON AND IF YOU WEAR YOUR JACKET- GLOVES AND HELMET ITS HARD TO TELL IF YOU ARE A MINORITY LOL
sorry did not see this one. yur right fish nothing is ever fair.but where talking right or wrong here.  is it wrong to give some-one a reason to pull you over just cuz they dont like the way you look. that is to much power and to much control.

if there wernt so many crooked cops in this world (nothing personel smitty) smitty you would get the drugs befor they came in to the states. money talks loud to some one who makes only 40k a year and puts his life on the line.

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 02:03:21 AM »
ALL I AM SAYING IS WHERE IN THIS WORLD IS EVERYTHING GOING TO BE FAIR ITS NOT AND AS LONG AS THAT ARE STATE TROOPERS THAT RIDE HARLEYS THEY GOING TO PICK ON SPORTBIKES AND AS FOR RAYJRED  A MINORITY WELL WINTER IS COMING SOON AND IF YOU WEAR YOUR JACKET- GLOVES AND HELMET ITS HARD TO TELL IF YOU ARE A MINORITY LOL
sorry did not see this one. yur right fish nothing is ever fair.but where talking right or wrong here.  is it wrong to give some-one a reason to pull you over just cuz they dont like the way you look. that is to much power and to much control.

if there wernt so many crooked cops in this world (nothing personel smitty) smitty you would get the drugs befor they came in to the states. money talks loud to some one who makes only 40k a year and puts his life on the line.

LOL I would only take it personal it I were a crooked cop.  I don't know how to respond the latter part of your statement, though.  I'm not sure what you mean.

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 02:15:41 AM »

rlblowers3,

some people don't care to take the day off work(not get paid) drive sometimes 1 hour or more,  get to court,  sit and wait,  lose anywhere from $60-1xx for the day(maybe even more)  and for what?  to say you did it yourself?   no thanks. 

Well, Sparky,

If you used leave, then you would still get paid for the day.  The point in going to court is to get your fine reduced and receive no points.  If you are rollin' in the lootcakes and don't care about your insurance going up, then by all means, carry on.

Offline lowrider

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 02:50:36 AM »
sorry did not see this one. yur right fish nothing is ever fair.but where talking right or wrong here.  is it wrong to give some-one a reason to pull you over just cuz they dint like the way you look. that is to much power and to much control.

if there wernt so many crooked cops in this world (nothing personnel smitty) smitty you would get the drugs be for they came in to the states. money talks loud to some one who makes only 40k a year and puts his life on the line.

LOL I would only take it personal it I were a crooked cop.  I don't know how to respond the latter part of your statement, though.  I'm not sure what you mean.

just that there are not enough good people out there doing there job. helping do whats right. and money corrupts even the good ones. i was saying it cuz u said something about using the side mount plates and laws like it to find drugs and people. giving u a reason to stop people.just cuz some one has nice stuff doesn't make them a drug dealer.

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 03:04:50 AM »
Ummm...ok.    :?:   I never said anything about pulling people over because they had a nice ride.   Anyway, if you truly want laws to change, find a lot of people who think like you and write, call, visit, and put pressure on your political figures.  If 51% of the people made it known that they would vote for whoever passed a bill that would make driving with side mounted plates, then that politician would make part of his/her platform.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 09:33:02 AM »

i think he's trying to say that at a starting pay of 40k and putting your lives on the line,  there leaves some room for bribery.

i guess some terrorist should come bribe me for info,  because until i make a SSgt i won't be making that much :roll:

the way i see it is,  a scumbag will be a scumbag no matter how much they make.  i don't see the police base pay as something that will cause officers to break the law. 

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 02:37:55 PM »
The lower base pay of a municipality the higher the risk of corruption.  Take New Orleans PD.  They were getting paid next to nothing and POs were being caught murderng their own partners and a whole lot of trifling crap.  Around me, in D.C., their are a lot of young POs.  They don't get paind that well and du to the terrorist alert are on a longer schedule.  A lot of them are trying to jump ship to different agencies.  Lack of pay along with mot being mentally mature leaves room for that corruption.  However, there are a lot of agencies around here that offer the 40K+/-, which is a lot to start off with having no diploma.  Plus after your academy and 3 months field training, the part/time is unlimited.  There are officers who are slaves to the part/time and have a base salery of 40k+/- but bring in 70-80k all together adding their part/time.  Your job IS to put your life on the line, so it's not like you go into this job and think "It's gonna be fun as long as I don't have to put my life on the line".   We are also taught from the beginning that this is a thankless job and the same people that curse you are the same people that call you for help.  So is there corruption?  Of course there is, but it's not like you see on TV where the whole department is bad.  All it takes is 1 officer in a city to do something foul and the whole city looks bad.  The most I see going on around here is officers cheating on their spouses.

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
    • Gearhead Clothing, Inc.
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 04:41:17 PM »
Holy hijack...  :bah:

Offline rlbowers3

• Rider
  • DEALS GAP Apr '06
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 08:50:11 PM »

Hmmm....... :lol:
 :lmao:
SFC Bowers
MOSUL, IRAQ

Past bikes;
00 Busa(blu)

Current bikes;

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 09:51:58 PM »
That's F$%(!^& hilarious!  LOL

Offline rlbowers3

• Rider
  • DEALS GAP Apr '06
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 10:11:01 PM »
:D  :D  :D
So!!! Today I went to Court.  I left straight from work, so I went in Uniform.  (I was hoping to lean on the Judges patriotic sympathies)  The damage was $150 court cost + $287 fine for 82 in a 50.  The Judge waived all fines and fees and said "Please be more patient driving through our county.  Have a good day Sergeant."
 :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:
Out-friggen-Standing!
SFC Bowers
MOSUL, IRAQ

Past bikes;
00 Busa(blu)

Current bikes;

Offline lowrider

• Rider
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2006, 10:27:37 PM »
good for you sarge. now about that radar detector  :lol:

Offline lowrider

• Rider
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 12:30:22 AM »
NICE TO SEE YOU SMILE AND HAPPY BUDDA LOL NOW THERE A THING ABOUT  GREEN TEA THAT COOKIE PUT UP THAT THAT DOES THINGS FOR THE BLOOD PRESSURE  HAVE A GOOD DAY MAN IT WAS STARTING TO GET LIKE NORTH AND SOUTH KOREA IN HERE LOL
yep i like stirring shit it keeps fluids pumping and the flies buzzing :duh:

Offline lowrider

• Rider
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 01:07:12 AM »
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 08:28:25 PM by busa-budda »

Offline J_Smitty

• Rider
  • humpyomommasaywhat?
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 12:37:59 PM »
Now see, RBLOWERS, somebody in here didn't think that it was worth it to go to court.  They were like"F it, I'm not going to lose pay from work and waste my time".  eh-em  And I'm man enough not to mention Busa-Budda's name.  :o Du-oh!