Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ZX14 throttle bodies  (Read 2994 times)

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
ZX14 throttle bodies
« on: October 01, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »
There is a guy from around my area that got him a 14, sneaky SOB. Anyway he's telling all kinds of thngs about his bike.
Told a few guys that his bike had a bog off the start so he sent the throttle bodies off to get some work to clear up this problem. I have never heard of this, just wondering if anybody knows much about those things.
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
Re: ZX14 throttle bodies
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 06:53:14 PM »
they have butterflies that open up after a certain rpm to keep power down in the lower rpm's. 

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:54:28 PM »
is it like the secondarys on a 1000.......................
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
closest thing i can liken it to is the 99 mustang cobra,  they are actual blades that restrict airflow until a certain RPM. 

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »
There is a guy from around my area that got him a 14, sneaky SOB. Anyway he's telling all kinds of thngs about his bike.
Told a few guys that his bike had a bog off the start so he sent the throttle bodies off to get some work to clear up this problem. I have never heard of this, just wondering if anybody knows much about those things.

It's true.

www.bikeland.org

Same thing with my FZ1...  All you got to do is remove the second (top) set of flies since they do not open till 6000rpm.  On a 14 with the bike tuned it is worth 20rwhp from 4000 to 6000 rpm... :shock:

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 08:26:41 PM »

It's true.

www.bikeland.org

Same thing with my FZ1...  All you got to do is remove the second (top) set of flies since they do not open till 6000rpm.  On a 14 with the bike tuned it is worth 20rwhp from 4000 to 6000 rpm... :shock:

...and from what I've read here and there, drivability goes to absolute shit when you do that...  Even Brock had a writeup about trying that on his ZX14 on his site somewhere.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »

It's true.

www.bikeland.org

...and from what I've read here and there, drivability goes to absolute shit when you do that...  Even Brock had a writeup about trying that on his ZX14 on his site somewhere.

I believe if you read Brocks write up - his maps cured the problem..

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 09:07:27 PM »
Drivability stays the same with the flies out, Brock changed his write up to reflect that. Have had mine out for 3500 miles.
2008 Busa