Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: BIKE STALLS/WONT RESTART???  (Read 20620 times)

Offline Freddies Here

• Rider
BIKE STALLS/WONT RESTART???
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2002, 08:10:00 AM »
396  you can just jump the two wires that the switch would connect. A paperclip works. JUST DON'T TOUCH A GROUND.........FREDDIE      

Offline BBBusa

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2002, 10:01:00 AM »
temp sensor? pc 2

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2002, 10:26:00 AM »
tried unplugging the PCll when it happend no change. Also jumped the fuel pump relay, no go either. I can hear the pump comming on.

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2002, 02:59:00 PM »
just tried another ECU still would not start. It is happeneing more frequently now than ever. Changed the stator and crank posistion sensor and the bike died again. I am looking at changing the temp sensor next. The problems seem to start when the electric fan comes on. I am putting another battery in it just to make sure.

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2002, 03:22:00 PM »
pump gone bad  

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2002, 03:53:00 PM »
396, it now sounds like you have an intermitent kill switch. Jumper the kill switch and see whether you conk out anymore. It's happened to me on another bike I had and I remember reading about someone else having that problem on their Busa.

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2002, 03:57:00 PM »
will take a look at the kill switch. If that proves nothing than I will swap pumps again. Thanks goodness I have another busa in my garage right now!!!!!

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2002, 04:02:00 PM »
kill would not allow pump to cycle or starter to crank

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2002, 11:08:00 PM »
As of right now MOTORHEAD IS RIGHT AGAIN!swapped pumps and so far it has not stalled. let it sit and idle for a while. The fan comes on and off and it continues to run fine. only rode it around the block, to tired to mess with it any more. It has run the longest now with the pump change. Thanks Dennis. I hope it stays fixed. Anybody gotta 2000 pump for sale so I can replace the one I took off the other bike?  

Offline Jebakaturbogsxrpilot

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2002, 11:16:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 396:
As of right now MOTORHEAD IS RIGHT AGAIN!swapped pumps and so far it has not stalled. let it sit and idle for a while. The fan comes on and off and it continues to run fine. only rode it around the block, to tired to mess with it any more. It has run the longest now with the pump change. Thanks Dennis. I hope it stays fixed. Anybody gotta 2000 pump for sale so I can replace the one I took off the other bike?  

Ha, Biotch I said fuel related!!!  
So I'm having this dream! I'm on my Turbo Busa and these guys are after me in a car, but they can't catch me, So they get a bike, but they can't catch me. So they get a plane, and just as their about to catch me, the TURBO KICKS IN!

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2002, 11:21:00 PM »
I give you credit also. Thanks to everyone for there input. If it stalls again, its all your fault!!  

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2002, 11:50:00 PM »
There are two wires that go to the kill switch. If the O/B wire opens it kills the ignition only but the engine can still be turned over with the starter. If the O/W wire opens it cuts the ignition AND the starter/fuel pump. If the problem does occur again, examine the connector that the wires from the kill switch connect to. In particular the O/B wire. Look for any pins that may be bent, pushed out of the connector or any wires that may have come loose from the connector.

Offline DJ

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2002, 11:55:00 PM »
hey jael, 'fuel related' didnt help him at all if you read back, you tosser.

Dennis, reset jaels posts to 0 please.

Do you have a kiss for Daddy?

Offline DJ

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2002, 11:59:00 PM »
Dwight youve got me confused.

If you ignored the colors of the wires, it is basically one wire that passes thru the kill switch on its way to wherever right? I know thats not exactly right but just to be simple.

so how can it matter which wire breaks? or are you saying the kill switch has two circuits going thru it, one for the ignition and one for everything else.

it would seem to me that breaking EITHER wire is no different then flipping the kill switch.
Do you have a kiss for Daddy?

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2002, 12:01:00 AM »
THAT WOULD TRIGGER AN FI LIGHT

Offline Buck Ninety

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2002, 12:30:00 AM »
This problem cannot be solved. Ten thousand threads and one million posts on the subject prove it.
I get the last word. Don't fight it.

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2002, 10:20:00 AM »
I will let everyone know how it continues to go with the bike. Thanks again. Now maybe I can go to the track and see the results of the dyno time!