Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Bike getting set up better, almost there hahah  (Read 9026 times)

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Bike getting set up better, almost there hahah
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »
Check it out, finnaly getting the bike set up, did the 1.00 race techs and 15 weight oil. What a difference I am able to get the bike in and out of the curves so much faster and easier, its a night and day difference. Love the avon's as well, really feels good.

Maybe now I can feel good enough to take it to a track  :twisted:

Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Re: Bike getting set up better, almost there hahah
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 11:42:51 PM »
no had a local guy do the springs and set up the shims for the stiffness I wanted. Very happy with the set up now, I think the 15 weight helped a ton as well, alot more control over compression and rebound, 1 click makes a good deal of difference now.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 02:26:16 PM »
Suspension set up is the most important thing. Sounds like you already know that. :)

When you do get to the track there should be someone there to help dial your suspension in. Rebound and compression settings and setting your sag. Do yourself a favor and get it set up. You'll be glad ya did.

Also, have you lowered the front or raised the rear? It helps IMMENSLY when you raise the rear of the Busa 1". I've also lowered my front end about 1/2". Also changing your gearing help with gettign better drives oput of corners. I know a lot of you think the Busa has enough, but with the way it's geared it's like riding an automatic around the track. Go to a 17/43 set up or even a 17/45 and she'll get a much better squirt out of the corners.
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 04:35:25 PM »
Avons ROCK!!!!!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 08:47:36 PM »
but dont slide.....much  :twisted:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 09:44:07 PM »
I can hehe, I am very greedy with the throttle, some day I will be posting my bike went down, just not yet  :twisted:

Offline rfowler

• New User!
  • Where am I?
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 12:56:41 PM »
what springs did you get part num.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 07:19:42 PM »
The box is in the garage so I will have to go out there later and look.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 03:50:37 AM »
whats cool is suzuki is fitting the 07 gsxr 1000 with a decent set of tubes, larger capacity and 4 way adjustability!!!

they are similar to the ohlins "superbike" forks with external high and low speed controls!

rework the valving and fit those on a busa,  LOOKOUT!!!

Offline Ardec2

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »
i totally dissagree  about suspension being most important ,. this is false,...  number 1 is geometry  as geometry is set up irregaurdless of  suspension settings,    number 2- is spring rates proper spring rate is 80-90 percent of keeping proper geometry,.. last and least important is suspension,,. compression rebound oil level etc,.. is a 2 on a scale of 10,.. hwereass geometry and spring rates are both 8-10's

if your geometry and springing is wrong nothing you can do to suspension will help.  if these are correct  yer suspension can be crap and the bike still perform well,...  r
robert-  to most a "YANKEE",.  i live in the south and tell em "but i'm from "southern" california!

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »
i totally dissagree  about suspension being most important ,. this is false,...  number 1 is geometry  as geometry is set up irregaurdless of  suspension settings,    number 2- is spring rates proper spring rate is 80-90 percent of keeping proper geometry,.. last and least important is suspension,,. compression rebound oil level etc,.. is a 2 on a scale of 10,.. hwereass geometry and spring rates are both 8-10's

if your geometry and springing is wrong nothing you can do to suspension will help.  if these are correct  yer suspension can be crap and the bike still perform well,...  r

Well, In my book geometry IS part of the suspenion. That's why I suggested that he raise the rear 1". Anything to do with the chassis is "suspension" to me. I guess it's a bit broad, but it works for me.

Basiclly, I agree but I still think the first thing anyone should do is get the proper springs, set the sag and go from there.
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline Ardec2

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 03:19:51 PM »
"suspension" Is a little vague i guess,.. but to be accurrate suspension is a part of a bigger picture, rather than the other way around. 
 I believe also that,... you are close but still off the mark when saying that "springs are the number one thing"   

I'll state this differently for all,... Not matter what the spring rate is,... (proper rate and sag is very subjective)
If the basic geometry of the bike is wrong for a rider,.. the springs will be at best a band-aid on a problem and could in fact even be a problem,..     

Number 1 on anyones set up should be a well recorded geometry baseline,... keeping in mind that factors can and will change this such as changing tires, tire pressure, spring rates preload and live loads ( riders and gas weights).

the best method is to start with basic geometry and establish the best combination of spring rate and preload and dampening to match. not the other way around
robert-  to most a "YANKEE",.  i live in the south and tell em "but i'm from "southern" california!