Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1507cc  (Read 27623 times)

Offline lowrider

• Rider
  • FOR ALL THE SOLDIERS GOD SPEED
Re: 1507cc
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 10:55:10 PM »
Don't listen 2 no one about modding ur cases because it's BOGUS :?

Your right spaz you shouldn't care that the #1&2 main/rods share the SAME oiling feed(with the oil jet for the stator also), and the rest have there OWN dedicated feeds....

Your right most busas don't spin the #1 or #2 rod brgs....LOL

Honestly, I thought you had learned and were smarter than that.....and there is more to the case mod that you DON"T know.....

So lets be honest about what we do and don't know....instead of being defensive.....I am not on here BASHING your shit....am I?

Dave
hey that spaz IS A spaz. sounds like the guy at every shop.( we have all seen him)
that  knows every thing about SHIT
and nothing about whats at hand.LOL :lol:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:57:27 PM by busa-budda »

$paz Racing

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 03:45:54 PM »
Dave U might b right, what do I know. Just the small fact I build 230hp 1397's and U build 240 hp 1507s. Gee I guess 4 the extra money on big valves stroker crank etc. U can have ur whole ten extra horse. :ll: :lmao: I will get back 2 my little engine now. Have a good day.

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 04:07:20 PM »
theres a big difference between his and yours. yours are junk and his are top of the line precision built pieces that will be running long after your sorry no building ass is forgotten about. so get a grip spaz its way out of your league and most everone knows that but you. and who are you anyway, some fly by nite assembler who doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. and who am i... i'm nobody, but when i want a motor built i do my homework really well. and what i found was a small list of top of the line engine builders in the u.s. , builders that unlike you dont have alot of negative said about there product. you were at the bottom of the list
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 04:30:05 PM »
Dave U might b right, what do I know. Just the small fact I build 230hp 1397's and U build 240 hp 1507s. Gee I guess 4 the extra money on big valves stroker crank etc. U can have ur whole ten extra horse. :ll: :lmao: I will get back 2 my little engine now. Have a good day.
shaun,
                    thats why we see so many of those 230 hp 1397 spaztic motors out there setting records all over the place. it just doesnt happen. the only place it happens is on spazs dyno
                    its not his fault, he just doesnt know what he doesnt know. and i guarantee you he wont be able to get that.

Offline Goo'Roo

• Rider
  • Speed Freak
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »
Ok I 've just bought a Haynes manual to learn something more abot the oil system.
What I need is a similar to stock torque progression but much stronger. This is the reason I thought to a 220hp stroker rather than a just bored engine.
So the line to increase reliability is:
High flow oil pump
Crankcase mod
Rods..

What about them. any experience with the original ones?

We mentioned overheating problem at the beginning.

Would I be able to do a 30minuts track sessions without cooking everything?

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »

Spaz,

Nevermind...Have a great day...Stop by in Gville if you go.

Thanx for the kind words.

Dave
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:17:49 PM by DaveO »
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline DarkFalcon

• Post Master
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 09:56:38 PM »
I normally avoid internet "pissing contests" but DaveO is a very decent guy and has set records that speak volumes about his abilities as a rider and an engine designer/builder. Additionally, he shares insightful, practical information freely and is always willing to help. As to changing the size of the airbox, there is more to it than what might be seen at first glance. Without getting into a bunch of wave tuning theory, the airbox facilitates something called the "Helmholtz Effect" and changing the volume of the airbox could alter tuning resonances. If you were to do nothing else, increasing the volume of the airbox would lower the tuned RPM of the engine.

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 11:18:24 PM »
My vote is for a supercharger set up and drop the airbox for a plenum!  :) :D :D

Oops, wrong section!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Goo'Roo

• Rider
  • Speed Freak
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 11:59:07 PM »
My vote is for a supercharger set up and drop the airbox for a plenum!  :) :D :D

Oops, wrong section!  :lol: :lol:

Is not the wrong one. I'd like even to try with a TTS rotrex kit, but I have no feedback from anybody.

$paz Racing

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 12:35:20 AM »
If U guys read carfully, U see Dave bashed me way before I got negitive.
Busa200 I  C where ur such a stand U guy. U have 2 hind your e-mail,name and location.
 Welp I guess I am back knowing nothing once again! :duh: :duh:

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 02:35:54 AM »
Dust settled....... :lol:

GooRoo...airbox----keep it rigid and well sealed and take measures to prevent heat soak

on another note, I'd like to see some hard data as to why I would purchase the fibreglass box and supply ductwork.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 02:47:40 AM by gazza414 »
1 Fast Hayabusa N/A 217.443mph so far

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 04:20:18 AM »
Busa200 I  C where ur such a stand U guy. U have 2 hind your e-mail,name and location.

No he didn't he brought what he believes is a valid point about the cases and you took it is personal..

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 07:07:22 AM »
i dont get that.. how do i hide behind my name and location?
i shouldnt of said your motors were junk spaz, so i take that back. next time i get a motor built i wanna get one of those 230 hp 1397'''s of yours. i do alot of street riding and racing up in these mountains here ( usually 2 to 300 miles a weekend) and so reliable high hp motors are what i want and since yours are the standard by which all others are built... I WANT ONE. Not everone can build a 1397 making 230 hp and run them up and down the streets all day long and say that there motors live. dust settled.

Offline Goo'Roo

• Rider
  • Speed Freak
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 11:58:05 AM »
I WANT ONE. Not everone can build a 1397 making 230 hp and run them up and down the streets all day long and say that there motors live. dust settled.

That's the point! I live in a similar eviroment, so what I need is not a drag compressed engine, but something bigger not extrem and reliable. Even if has to be fast, and I mean 220hp, I would consider it fast on a curvy mountain road.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sneUifrL5k4

Here we are..just to make an idea how we're driving in Italy and the reason I need a big engine with a very predictable power range.  :beechug:

Offline bhartley

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »
My motor that Spaz help me do made great power and I ride it everyday everywhere .
Sit in traffic in the heat of the day during nascar weekend and never got hot .
2 years of riding like that and not 1 problem . Every builder has had problems with motors it does not matter who you are .
Daves motor are good and so are Spaz's . Of course that is just my opinion.
Turbo R1 ----- 2003 Busa

Offline db_130+

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 12:53:33 PM »
Hey Spamz, who is this "we" you always refer to in your posts  ?  How many full and part time employees do you have ???   :lol:

We build stroker's all the time min. of one a month

Offline OldGsxPilot

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 01:26:19 PM »
Hey Dave !  I heard this morning you squeezed some more power (225hp) out of Jims 1397 late last night. Lord knows if it was there to be found, you would find it..And on a notoriously stinchy dyno to boot ! congrats ... see ya in two weeks hopefully

Shaun

Offline GSX

• Rider
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 02:09:23 PM »
Spaz, what mph do your 1397s run in the 1/4?  Also, list wheelbase weight of bike & rider. 

Offline Goo'Roo

• Rider
  • Speed Freak
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 03:40:52 PM »
Guys I wanted to read a high level technical post and to discuss about engines not a war between Spaz and friends.. :wink:

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2006, 04:28:57 PM »
Guys I wanted to read a high level technical post and to discuss about engines not a war between Spaz and friends.. :wink:

Agreed...no need to bash anybody on this thread IMO....

Basically 1397's run cooler, and USUALLY start easier....They can make good HP, but they give up TORQUE, which is good for accel and street driving....

The key IMO is NOT to build EITHER too high strung....therefore ensuring longevity on the street for those who want it. It is easier for most builders to build a 1397 street engine, than a 1507cc. Basically due to increased loads on the rod brgs, and increased heat/stress on components...If you set either one up correctly they can go MANY miles between overhauls....

For most a good 1397 is plenty....

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 05:13:49 PM »
For most a good 1397 is plenty....

Dave

I agree.
I've ridden 2 of Johnny's 1397s and they were VERY strong.
I am a Bigger is Better guy, but it's gonna be kinda tough to run those mountain turns with only 1 tire on the ground in first and second.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline Incognito

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2006, 12:52:20 AM »

mommy mommy he hit me first.   :whaa: :talk: :talk: :talk: :finger: :finger:

Offline Goo'Roo

• Rider
  • Speed Freak
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 04:04:40 AM »
I am a Bigger is Better guy, but it's gonna be kinda tough to run those mountain turns with only 1 tire on the ground in first and second.

That's what I want, 'cause it's fun,leaving black marks outside corners and wheeling 'cause of too much power. But to do it I need a torqy engine instead of a high peak power one. We always use Diablo Supercorsa, or at least Corsa to have plenty of grip even if we have to change the back one every 1500miles.

Offline lowrider

• Rider
  • FOR ALL THE SOLDIERS GOD SPEED
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2006, 06:15:34 AM »
so dave -o what is a 1397 done right cost these days.
and how do they run with say a supercharger bolted on.
while im at it how do you feel about the new rotex superchargers. :thumb:

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:20 AM »

That's what I want, 'cause it's fun,leaving black marks outside corners and wheeling 'cause of too much power. But to do it I need a torqy engine instead of a high peak power one. We always use Diablo Supercorsa, or at least Corsa to have plenty of grip even if we have to change the back one every 1500miles.

I'm not trying to talk you out of a 1507, but a 1397 with a 43 tooth sprocket would be pretty tough to beat for the price. :wink:
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010