Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: TRE  (Read 14631 times)

Offline 02busa

• New User!
  • Where am I?
TRE
« on: October 23, 2006, 09:35:31 AM »
Hi i am trying to find out witch TRE i should buy for my 02 hayabusa that isn't to exsoencive. Thank you for the help.

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
Re: TRE
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:26:43 PM »
none you don't need one
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »
none you don't need one

Why not?  02's are limited.  Is this the real Cheese man?

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 06:13:31 AM »
yes it is
and there are betteroptions than tre's
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline sugarnot

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:07:29 AM »
yes it is
and they are?

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 09:58:38 AM »
yes it is
and they are?

GPS Mod.  Make the gps sensor output 1-2-3-4-5-5.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline sugarnot

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 11:08:36 AM »
yeah i got to lookin at your stuff after i asked cuz i thought i had seen something bout ur stuff doing that.  Good to know. 

btw are u gonna come over to "the other site"

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
yeah i got to lookin at your stuff after i asked cuz i thought i had seen something bout ur stuff doing that.  Good to know. 

btw are u gonna come over to "the other site"

What site is that?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline sugarnot

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 11:25:34 AM »
i thought doogie delivered your invitation to the union site.... looks like i get to have some fun with him now

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 11:35:11 AM »
i thought doogie delivered your invitation to the union site.... looks like i get to have some fun with him now

Oh yeah I think he did, didn't understand what it was about.  You have turbotalk LOL?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 11:39:37 AM »
Sure, why not spend nearly twice the money and then have to disassemble your clutch, just to get rid of the top speed restriction?  I mean, that sounds much easier than just lifting your tank and taking 30 seconds to plug in a TRE doesn't it?  :roll: 

And after all that work getting the GPS mod in, it still doesn't get rid of the timing retardation. 

Oh, no one has ever proven that the timing retardation thingy exists, you say?  Take a stock Busa.  Ride it.  Toss in a TRE.  The difference is quite tangible down low. 

It's a little uppity to tell a guy what he doesn't need.  Hell, none of us really need motorcycles, do we?  Which food group does Hayabusa fall into?

I'll take the TRE thanks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:42:12 AM by EtrnlSoldier »
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 11:50:44 AM »
Sure, why not spend nearly twice the money and then have to disassemble your clutch, just to get rid of the top speed restriction?  I mean, that sounds much easier than just lifting your tank and taking 30 seconds to plug in a TRE doesn't it?  :roll: 

And after all that work getting the GPS mod in, it still doesn't get rid of the timing retardation. 

Oh, no one has ever proven that the timing retardation thingy exists, you say?  Take a stock Busa.  Ride it.  Toss in a TRE.  The difference is quite tangible down low. 

It's a little uppity to tell a guy what he doesn't need.  Hell, none of us really need motorcycles, do we?  Which food group does Hayabusa fall into?

Yikes, hey we are all here to help each other out. :D

I charge $40 shipped back to you to do the GPS mod by the way.  I also make the gear indicator / TRE for $75 plus shipping.

I am also working on a setup that would look identical but work as a shift light also, 1 LED for each gear, then when it's time to shift all 6 LEDs come on but a different color.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline sugarnot

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 12:06:01 PM »

Oh yeah I think he did, didn't understand what it was about. You have turbotalk LOL?
nope not on turbo talk, but either way take some time to consider it pretty close knit group over there and fun

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 12:06:18 PM »

Yikes, hey we are all here to help each other out. :D

I charge $40 shipped back to you to do the GPS mod by the way.  I also make the gear indicator / TRE for $75 plus shipping.

I am also working on a setup that would look identical but work as a shift light also, 1 LED for each gear, then when it's time to shift all 6 LEDs come on but a different color.

Sweet.  Now that's helping! 

Me.

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 04:25:55 AM »
If you fitted a pc2 or pc3r or pc3usb ignition module and mapped the ignition in whatever gear you do it in.What is the ignition timing in the other gears.Must you fit a tre to gain the same timing in each gear,or do a gps mod acheiving the same.What happens with the nuetral gear map,apparently this is separate for a BETTER IDLE?
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far

Offline NewJerseyBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 06:26:36 AM »
if you have aftermarket cam's (meg 387) and pistons do you need TRE?
1397 JE Pistons
Pair valve Mod
Full AirBox Mod
Ivans TRE
Speedo Healer
Acumens Digi Gear
Dyno Mapped
200 RWHP
power to the ground

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 06:43:03 PM »
if you have aftermarket cam's (meg 387) and pistons do you need TRE?
like I said before you do not need a tre on a Busa period
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 06:44:39 PM »

just because you can't find someone to map your bike you thing that it is timing
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 07:27:57 PM »

just because you can't find someone to map your bike you thing that it is timing

Naa, I "thing" it is what it is because, when I popped it in there when the bike was stock, the difference was immediate.  Something was going on there.  You assume much.  I've had my bike mapped by DynoJet.  They seem to have done a phenomenal job.  I would have come to you but, I don't live in Texas.  I appreciate and applaud that you're running a business and doing well.  I just don't think that it's necessary to put down other products simply because they aren't yours. 

Me.

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 07:48:52 PM »
you missed the whole point didn't you, you never had them map it with out the TRE and see that it makes no differance on a properly mapped bike.
I personal think Dynojet does a bad job at mapping (I have had several have maps done there and boy did they sux) but have you pulled the tre after mapping?
I have even proved on the dyno you make no extra power with one in unless you were lean from the factory down low.
did you ever hear of some Busas with TRE's rev when you pull the clutch in and other go lower?
guess what it isn't timing it is fuel.
it has nothing to do with it is not my product it has to do with it is snake oil
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline nmbusa

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 05:52:51 AM »
you missed the whole point didn't you, you never had them map it with out the TRE and see that it makes no differance on a properly mapped bike.
I personal think Dynojet does a bad job at mapping (I have had several have maps done there and boy did they sux) but have you pulled the tre after mapping?
I have even proved on the dyno you make no extra power with one in unless you were lean from the factory down low.
did you ever hear of some Busas with TRE's rev when you pull the clutch in and other go lower?
it has nothing to do with it is not my product it has to do with it is snake oil

what about the top end restriction?

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 02:36:35 PM »

what about the top end restriction?

Exactly.  It is indeed not snakeoil.  It does remove the top end restriction and, does it with a simple plug-in that takes a minute to put in, and the same to pull out, instead of having to disassemble your clutch  basket for installation and uninstallation, like JC's mod does. 

Johnny, this would be the perfect opportunity for you to explain to unknowing plebes like myself what the advantage of your product is over a tre, especially what balances out the extra effort required to install it.  What does it do that a tre doesn't?  I'm not being a smartass.  I really would like to know. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:51:31 PM by EtrnlSoldier »

Me.

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »
It's been over two weeks now since I asked the question as to why the gps mod is better than the tre, especially considering the high amount of extra effort required to install it.  Nothing but silence.  Hmmmm....

Me.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 12:56:38 PM »
It's been over two weeks now since I asked the question as to why the gps mod is better than the tre, especially considering the high amount of extra effort required to install it.  Nothing but silence.  Hmmmm....

GPS Mod just lets you de-restrict and keep everything stock except 6th gear is replaced by 5th gear.  We could all argue until the end of time about TRE or no LOL.  I do both so doesn't matter to me LOL.

I have a new TRE for $150, comes with gear indicator / shift light / autoshift output for your air shifter for free LOL!

Still requires removing GPS sensor though.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 01:28:43 PM »

GPS Mod just lets you de-restrict and keep everything stock except 6th gear is replaced by 5th gear.  We could all argue until the end of time about TRE or no LOL.  I do both so doesn't matter to me LOL.

I have a new TRE for $150, comes with gear indicator / shift light / autoshift output for your air shifter for free LOL!

Still requires removing GPS sensor though.

Thanks bud.  I was hoping for the expert Mr. Cheese to come forth and explain the advantages of his product, seeing as how he tells everyone that they don't need TRE's, that they're snakeoil, etc, and that his product, which does pretty much the same thing but requires quite a bit more effort to put in and take out, is somehow magically better.  I'd like to know, from him, exactly why it's better.  As in, what does the JC GPS mod do, that the TRE does not?  The TRE does indeed remove the top end restriction.  So does the GPS mod.  JC says that if  your Busa picked up power on the low end after installing a TRE, then needed re-mapped anyway as, according to him, the timing retardation thing is a myth.  Well, then the very same Busa would still need re-mapped with the GPS mod to gain that bit of untapped low end grunt, as it leaves the stock maps intact.  Only, with the TRE, it's a simple plug-in and, if you don't like it for whatever reason, it's a simple unplug.  From what I've read here, the JC GPS mod requires a full clutch basket disassembly to do pretty much the exact same thing.  I haven't heard from the man why going to far more work is better than ease and simplicity.  I have seen him on 3 different websites portraying himself as the end-all/know-all when it comes to bikes (not just Busas).  Perhaps he is indeed.  If so, then explaining this for us shouldn't be a chore for him.

Please enlighten us as to what exactly makes your product better JC.  Sell us on it.  If you can.

smithabusa, I'd rather see people buying that combo TRE you're talking about.  More for the money and all. 

Me.

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 09:53:39 PM »

due to your laziness. and unwilling to do a search. the reason any tre is bad is for the fact that you have a 5th gear fuel map in all gears so........ if you do not have a custom map you are too fat in the 1-4 gears, if you do have a custom map then you have to map for 5th gear (which is richer) because your bike will never add the fuel that is needed. thus you will have a custom map that is always fat untill 5th, and if it was custom mapped in 4th and below you will not enough fuel for 5th and 6th.
this is the cliff note version do a search and you will find the whole write up.
I guess if you have a major cut a bandaid is easy, but doing it with stiches works a heck of alot better.

Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 10:48:16 PM »

due to your laziness. and unwilling to do a search. the reason any tre is bad is for the fact that you have a 5th gear fuel map in all gears so........ if you do not have a custom map you are too fat in the 1-4 gears, if you do have a custom map then you have to map for 5th gear (which is richer) because your bike will never add the fuel that is needed. thus you will have a custom map that is always fat untill 5th, and if it was custom mapped in 4th and below you will not enough fuel for 5th and 6th.
this is the cliff note version do a search and you will find the whole write up.
I guess if you have a major cut a bandaid is easy, but doing it with stiches works a heck of alot better.

You would still need a custom map even with your mod, no?  If the tre adds a bit of grunt down low, then apparently the stock maps aren't spot on anyway.  So it seems that, either way, it'll need to be remapped with either mod to get the best performance.  Now, that being said, both bikes have pcIII's and are re-mapped.  So what makes yours better to justify the added time and effort? 

My laziness has nothing to do with it.  Your arrogance with comments like that and hundreds of others, however, just might. 

Me.

Offline br1tish

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 11:37:14 PM »
what are your thoughts on using nikko g pack over 3 it was allready fitted to my 2001 busa stock motor small air box mod muzzy ex clutch mod pcm 111 muzzy sent map info have been reading your remarks on tre would like your input thanks

Offline badassblackbusa

• Post Master
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »
no with the gps mod you wouldnt have to have it remapped. unless you just wanted too.
and to saint peter i will tell another solider reporting sir ive served my time in hell..

Offline buffalojoe

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 02:50:29 PM »

You would still need a custom map even with your mod, no?  If the tre adds a bit of grunt down low, then apparently the stock maps aren't spot on anyway.  So it seems that, either way, it'll need to be remapped with either mod to get the best performance.  Now, that being said, both bikes have pcIII's and are re-mapped.  So what makes yours better to justify the added time and effort? 

My laziness has nothing to do with it.  Your arrogance with comments like that and hundreds of others, however, just might. 

Hey guys... been gone a while from the board... but I have a comment to make on this
Just my 2 cents but if you add the TRE then like JC says if you mapped it you would have
a map that is based on a single GEAR.. where as if you do the GPS mod then you if you
so decide to map the bike due to upgrades such as pipes filters and what not
then you could map each gear 1-5 separately(w/GPS) mod only ..
Is this right or am I not getting it?

Thanks
Joe.

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 11:36:45 PM »

Hey guys... been gone a while from the board... but I have a comment to make on this
Just my 2 cents but if you add the TRE then like JC says if you mapped it you would have
a map that is based on a single GEAR.. where as if you do the GPS mod then you if you
so decide to map the bike due to upgrades such as pipes filters and what not
then you could map each gear 1-5 separately(w/GPS) mod only ..
Is this right or am I not getting it?

Thanks
Joe.

I'm not certain that it matters either way.  JC's trying to sell a product and make some cash.  So is Ivan.  Take your pick on which internet persona you want to believe. 

And, if you hold out awhile, there may be a newer derestriction mod coming out using a zener diode that'll do the same thing without having to disassemble your clutch basket.  Or, pick one of the smart tre's that lets you pick your gearing configuration.  Whichever makes you happiest.

Me.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 11:53:14 PM »
but how much HP do you gain?

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 12:43:22 AM »
but how much HP do you gain?

None, on any of them, by themselves.  Perhaps a bit of low end torque, and the derestriction of the top end.   

Me.