Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: TRE  (Read 14754 times)

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
Re: TRE
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 09:53:39 PM »
It's been over two weeks now since I asked the question as to why the gps mod is better than the tre, especially considering the high amount of extra effort required to install it.  Nothing but silence.  Hmmmm....

due to your laziness. and unwilling to do a search. the reason any tre is bad is for the fact that you have a 5th gear fuel map in all gears so........ if you do not have a custom map you are too fat in the 1-4 gears, if you do have a custom map then you have to map for 5th gear (which is richer) because your bike will never add the fuel that is needed. thus you will have a custom map that is always fat untill 5th, and if it was custom mapped in 4th and below you will not enough fuel for 5th and 6th.
this is the cliff note version do a search and you will find the whole write up.
I guess if you have a major cut a bandaid is easy, but doing it with stiches works a heck of alot better.

Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 10:48:16 PM »
It's been over two weeks now since I asked the question as to why the gps mod is better than the tre, especially considering the high amount of extra effort required to install it.  Nothing but silence.  Hmmmm....

due to your laziness. and unwilling to do a search. the reason any tre is bad is for the fact that you have a 5th gear fuel map in all gears so........ if you do not have a custom map you are too fat in the 1-4 gears, if you do have a custom map then you have to map for 5th gear (which is richer) because your bike will never add the fuel that is needed. thus you will have a custom map that is always fat untill 5th, and if it was custom mapped in 4th and below you will not enough fuel for 5th and 6th.
this is the cliff note version do a search and you will find the whole write up.
I guess if you have a major cut a bandaid is easy, but doing it with stiches works a heck of alot better.

You would still need a custom map even with your mod, no?  If the tre adds a bit of grunt down low, then apparently the stock maps aren't spot on anyway.  So it seems that, either way, it'll need to be remapped with either mod to get the best performance.  Now, that being said, both bikes have pcIII's and are re-mapped.  So what makes yours better to justify the added time and effort? 

My laziness has nothing to do with it.  Your arrogance with comments like that and hundreds of others, however, just might. 
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline br1tish

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 11:37:14 PM »
what are your thoughts on using nikko g pack over 3 it was allready fitted to my 2001 busa stock motor small air box mod muzzy ex clutch mod pcm 111 muzzy sent map info have been reading your remarks on tre would like your input thanks

Offline badassblackbusa

• Post Master
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »
no with the gps mod you wouldnt have to have it remapped. unless you just wanted too.
and to saint peter i will tell another solider reporting sir ive served my time in hell..

Offline buffalojoe

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 02:50:29 PM »

You would still need a custom map even with your mod, no?  If the tre adds a bit of grunt down low, then apparently the stock maps aren't spot on anyway.  So it seems that, either way, it'll need to be remapped with either mod to get the best performance.  Now, that being said, both bikes have pcIII's and are re-mapped.  So what makes yours better to justify the added time and effort? 

My laziness has nothing to do with it.  Your arrogance with comments like that and hundreds of others, however, just might. 

Hey guys... been gone a while from the board... but I have a comment to make on this
Just my 2 cents but if you add the TRE then like JC says if you mapped it you would have
a map that is based on a single GEAR.. where as if you do the GPS mod then you if you
so decide to map the bike due to upgrades such as pipes filters and what not
then you could map each gear 1-5 separately(w/GPS) mod only ..
Is this right or am I not getting it?

Thanks
Joe.

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 11:36:45 PM »

Hey guys... been gone a while from the board... but I have a comment to make on this
Just my 2 cents but if you add the TRE then like JC says if you mapped it you would have
a map that is based on a single GEAR.. where as if you do the GPS mod then you if you
so decide to map the bike due to upgrades such as pipes filters and what not
then you could map each gear 1-5 separately(w/GPS) mod only ..
Is this right or am I not getting it?

Thanks
Joe.

I'm not certain that it matters either way.  JC's trying to sell a product and make some cash.  So is Ivan.  Take your pick on which internet persona you want to believe. 

And, if you hold out awhile, there may be a newer derestriction mod coming out using a zener diode that'll do the same thing without having to disassemble your clutch basket.  Or, pick one of the smart tre's that lets you pick your gearing configuration.  Whichever makes you happiest.

Me.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 11:53:14 PM »
but how much HP do you gain?

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 12:43:22 AM »
but how much HP do you gain?

None, on any of them, by themselves.  Perhaps a bit of low end torque, and the derestriction of the top end.   

Me.