Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2.5lb bottle refill?  (Read 10410 times)

Offline leesperf

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • Lee's Performance Center
Re: 2.5lb bottle refill?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 05:33:49 PM »
there should be no issue to fill a bottle weather it is a 9oz. or a 10lb bottle sit on a scale and when it is full it is full most pumps will stop pumping when the bottle will not take any more by there self, but is better when the bottle temp is lower the over all bottle pressure will get pretty high if the bottle is real warm like around 80-100 degree

Offline species0113

• Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »
I rode my bike to the track yesterday. 1 hour and 15 min. one way. Then made 5 passes and rode home. It was hot as hell, my ass was sore, waa, waa, waa. Anyway, while taking a little breather in between passes. I decide to spray it next pass. I turn the bottle on and peak at the gauge which is under the tank. Oh shit, its in the yellow. :shock: about 1300 psi. I scurried to borrow a wrench to crack the line and bleed off some juice. :lol: I just sold my purge a couple days ago. I hope thats workin out for ya Rick. What psi will the disc burst at?

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »
Supposed to be a 3000psi disc in there.. have had a couple blow at just over 1500+ but I think they were old discs(old or "well used" bottles get debri build up in them from setiment if they haven't been serivced). I now clean and service bottles  and valves and keep new discs on hand(and I replace if at all in question or if I am about to fill a used bottle I'm not familiar with).
Todd

Offline species0113

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »
thats a little more forgiveness then what I thought. :thumb: thanx

BLACK051K

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 10:03:38 PM »
I rode my bike to the track yesterday. 1 hour and 15 min. one way. Then made 5 passes and rode home. It was hot as hell, my ass was sore, waa, waa, waa. Anyway, while taking a little breather in between passes. I decide to spray it next pass. I turn the bottle on and peak at the gauge which is under the tank. Oh shit, its in the yellow. :shock: about 1300 psi. I scurried to borrow a wrench to crack the line and bleed off some juice. :lol: I just sold my purge a couple days ago. I hope thats workin out for ya Rick. What psi will the disc burst at?

Working very well... :thumb:
I was going thru same,having to carry 15mm wrench in back pocket...to crack open line.
until i install'd purge much easier Now,for sure.
Have had selenoid stick plenty of times because of high pressures.
I think,Burst disc will blow at 3000 psi.

BTW, The selenoid in the Kit was a pro flow Nitrous version,Much better than regular purge selenoid that is usually supplied with thier purge kits. So i swap'd selenoids.

Offline species0113

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 10:05:21 PM »

Working very well... :thumb:
I was going thru same,having to carry 15mm wrench in back pocket...to crack open line.
until i install'd purge much easier Now,for sure.
Have had selenoid stick plenty of times because of high pressures.
I think,Burst disc will blow at 3000 psi.

BTW, The selenoid in the Kit was a pro flow Nitrous version,Much better than regular purge selenoid that is usually supplied with thier purge kits. So i swap'd selenoids.

Give it back... :lol: :thumb:
we'll be at cecil again tomorrow night.