Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: DIY salt racer Oz style  (Read 23439 times)

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
Re: DIY salt racer Oz style
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 06:51:08 PM »
Hawky I just wanna know what she weighs now Wet have you had it on scales and got any numbers

Xhiler8r No idea about the weight ,prolly with the lead attached on the high side of a fully loaded goldwing , no numbers ,no standalone ECU yet ,I have something comming next week which I hope I can get working ,if not I have a standby but it will not allow it to perform  anywhere near its full potential
Gary
the more I learn the less I know

Offline TYSON

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »
Excellent work, a few of us may be heading over to the lake from Perth in 08

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 10:23:06 PM »
I have recieved some encouragement to continue this build diary  :) so I will , the project is complete ,dynoed and a few problems came to light all these have been sorted except the problematic stand alone ECU ,hopefully this will be soon , the bike was meant to be used at or Aussie speed week last march ,but was flooded so the event was cancelled ,shit happens  :(
so where was I up to ? yer
finished off the turbo  added the plenum , the primary injectors ,drilled out the stock throttle bodies to accept 14mm injectors ,added some S/S throttle plates and a custom fuel rail , placed the secondary injectors into the plenum ,with custom fuel rail , made up a custom wiring harness for the bike and fitted off , added the twin malpassi  1.7:1 fuel regulators and added all the plumbing ,fuel lines vac/pressure lines Etc ,powered up the twin 044 pumpd and set the pressure to 43 psi , oh and fixed up a few leaks as well , fitted up the air /water intercooler ,filled with water and test run  ok

the more I learn the less I know

Offline Turbo Grant

• Rider
  • Aussie Rider
    • Bling Parts Australia
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 10:12:47 PM »
awsome Gary..    how about a update on this fine peice of work.  :thumb:
you got a turbo... no excuses!