Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gear Based NOS Activation  (Read 22349 times)

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Gear Based NOS Activation
« on: December 08, 2006, 07:01:38 PM »
Gear Based Nitrous Activation
If that 40 shot of NOS is too much in 1st gear for your stock wheelbase bike this mod is for you.  You supply the gps sensor to me and Ill wire it up with a relay so that your NOS will only activate in 2nd - 6th gear.  Or if you want 3rd - 6th gear. 

This also functions as a standard TRE.  Comes with Hayabusa Service Manual on CD.

$55 Shipped (You supply the sensor)
$110 Shipped (I supply a brand new sensor I purchase from a dealer, possible 1 week lead time depending on availability)

www.BoostBySmith.com

I just made something up for my bike that others might be able to use if you want key on accessory power and ground without having to do any soldering or scotch locking into the existing harness, just plug connectors in, the put pins on your existing wires and shove into the mating connectors.

This is what i am thinking, let me know what you think, with this you can run 2 aux items in the trunk and 1 near the gauges.  Like everything else i do i can custom do anything you want.

Let me know if you are interested, i am thinking something like $22 shipped, let me know if that sounds fair.

New Launch & Shift Light by BoostBySmith

Launch & Shift Light is adjustable in 100 RPM increments.  Launch upper window is also adjustable, all via pushbuttons and dip switches to make changes.  Your changes are flashed back to you for verification.

This particular example is a blue LED cluster, both Launch and Shift will be the same color.  I am powering this with a 9 volt battery and it's very bright, 12 volts will let you cook bacon if you want LOL.

I have seen these LED clusters mounted right over top the LCD clock and that looks nice.  Light will come with a prewired relay to hook to your clutch switch, plug and play for power & ground through the Euro Connector and a scotch lock & spade connector for tach signal. Comes with CD instuction along with Busa Service Manual on CD.

Colors Available:

Blue
Red
Yellow
Green

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:58:39 PM by smithabusa »
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: Launch & Shift Light by BoostBySmith
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 07:29:01 PM »
GEAR INDICATOR / SHIFT LIGHT / LAUNCH LIGHT / TRE / AUTOSHIFT OUTPUT

Tri-Color LED's used.

Red, Blue & Green (Brightness in that order, red shows overtop of blue and green, blue shows overtop of green.)

You Pick what color you want to be what.

500-12000 RPM in 100 RPM increments (3500-15000 RPM also available), easy to adjust using dip switches and a pushbutton.  1 LED is lit for each gear (6 LED's total), all 6 LED's flash when shift setpoint is met, all 6 LED's flash a different color for launch light.  This could also be used as an auto-shift as it has a switched ground output when the shift RPM is reached, run this to a relay and send the signal to your kill box and make it shift itself if you want.  Freebie LOL!  This also includes a full Time TRE Mod to de-restirct the bike.

This one belongs to Kurtsbusa.

Gear indicator & Shift Light
Price:  $150 + shipping (You supply GPS Sensor or I can supply one with a refundable core charge of $35)

Gear indicator & Shift Light & Launch Light
Price:  $175 + shipping (You supply GPS Sensor or I can supply one with a refundable core charge of $35)

Video showing gear / launch / shift
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/launch1.wmv

In the garage video so you can see it better
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/shiftlight.wmv

Longer version (about 10 meg)
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/kurts1.wmv

Short Version of the video, just a couple of gears (about 2 meg)
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/Kurtshort.wmv

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

SHIFT!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:32:39 PM by smithabusa »
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: Gear Indicators, Launch & Shift Lights, Boost Controllers by BoostBySmith
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »
STANDARD GEAR INDICATOR / TRE

LED color choices are red, yellow, green, orange, and Blue (additional charge).  The gear indicator requires your gear position sensor to be modified and will be wired with a 5th gear resistor going back the bike's ECU at all times  This will allow the bike to de-restricted if it's a 2001 or later..  Neutral will function as stock. 

Click the link below to see a video of a Blue LED Indicator in action.
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/Blue.wmv

$75.00 (Requires modifying stock gear position sensor)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:39:08 PM by smithabusa »
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 07:35:40 PM »
[size=120pt]GPS MODIFICATIONS[/size][/b]

De-Restriction
This is the 1-N-2-3-4-5-5 GPS Mod.  If you are not a fan of TRE's and want to be de-restricted this will work great.  Everything in the lower gears is completely stock, 6th gear outputs 5th gear so it's not restricted.
$40 USPS Priority if you supply your sensor
$75 USPS Priority if I send you a sensor reeady to go ($35 core charge will be refunded if stock sensor is returned in a timely manner)
$90 USPS Priority if I purchase a brand new sensor and ship to you, you keep the new one, and your stock one.

Boost Control / NOS Outputs
GPS sensors can also be modified to provide ground outputs for each gear for boost controllers you may already have, or ground outputs for staged nitrous control, or can be used to ground LEDS for do-it-yourself gear indicators.  In order to make this work a single resistor will have to be wired back into the GPS harness so that the ECM sees 1 valid gear signal.  6.8K (5th gear tre mod) is standard, any other gear of your choice can be used as well.
$40 USPS Priority if you supply your sensor
$75 USPS Priority if I send you a sensor reeady to go ($35 core charge will be refunded if stock sensor is returned in a timely manner)
$90 USPS Priority if I purchase a brand new sensor and ship to you, you keep the new one, and your stock one.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 07:41:51 PM »
PLUG AND PLAY HARLAN SHIFT LIGHTS

These require absolutely no wiring, I am adding to the harness with some nice wire loom, Suzuki Connector for power and ground, just plug it in.  For tach signal just lock the red connector over the yellow wire with blue tracer and push the spade on.

Adjustable from 500-12000 RPM in 100 RPM increments set with push buttons and dip switches, very easy to do and settings are flashed back to you for accuracy.

$65 TYD Including Busa Service Manual and Directions on CD  (this is apprix $10 more than buying from Harlan direct, for those scared of wiring.)
    Red
    Yellow
    Green
    Orange
$81 TYD Including Busa Service Manual and Directions on CD  (this is apprix $10 more than buying from Harlan direct, for those scared of wiring.)
    Blue

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:43:53 PM by smithabusa »
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »
GEAR BASED BOOST CONTROLLERS

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:53:08 PM by smithabusa »
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline bikermike

• Rider
  • Iron Butt #20631
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 06:37:55 PM »
 :D :D
Greg you have one of the best product I have bought in a long time. The Gear indicator/Shift light I purchased from you is GREAT. I have had the Gear indicator running for a week and today I decided to hook to the tack and to my Air-Shifter form Cycle-Tek. WOW!!
This is so simple and th results are unreal. I had a couple of questions for Greg and within in minutes everything worked just as he said. The weakest part here was ME.
Greg you and Matt both are great to work with and I will buy more once I figure out what to do with it. Keep up the Great work!!!

:thumb: :thumb:

Bikermike :kickass:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW, what a ride!!!" By Krazy George

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 08:03:41 PM »
Glad you are happy Mike!

Thanks for the kind words.

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
I can also make the launch / shift lights auto-shift your air shifter :D
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
Thanks... launch and shiftlight is awesome. 
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Thanks... launch and shiftlight is awesome. 

Thank you sir, I appreciate the business and the feedback :thumb:

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline BLAIZEBUSA

• Rider
 :thumb:
Greg, I recieved my Harlan stage/shift light today.
Thanks for the fast delivery and I will try to post pics as I install it

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
:thumb:
Greg, I recieved my Harlan stage/shift light today.
Thanks for the fast delivery and I will try to post pics as I install it

Cool stuff, enjoy :D
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
OK Last weekend I helped Blu88 install his launch light/Shift light.

I will say the workmanship is excellent. His solder connections are clean, and have lots of penetration. His kit is well thought out and very well put together. We had a small issue of not having the instructions, they got missplaced some place along the lines. I called Greg, he walked me through the color coding on his wires and the location to tie into the harness. Spent maybe 3 min on the phone and had it all straight as a arrow.

Greg does killer work, awesome Customer Service, and just plain down ride kick ass.

Thanks again for your time Greg,  :thumb: :thumb:

Mark
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith

I will say the workmanship is excellent. His solder connections are clean, and have lots of penetration. His kit is well thought out and very well put together. We had a small issue of not having the instructions, they got missplaced some place along the lines. I called Greg, he walked me through the color coding on his wires and the location to tie into the harness. Spent maybe 3 min on the phone and had it all straight as a arrow.

Greg does killer work, awesome Customer Service, and just plain down ride kick ass.

Mark

Mark thanks very much.  Man it is so beautiful outside, and I am in the garage soldering LOL.

Have a good weekend and have some fun!

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline MOVERIGHT!

• Rider
  • The Key to Life is to die young, at a very old age
PLUG AND PLAY HARLAN SHIFT LIGHTS

These require absolutely no wiring, I am adding to the harness with some nice wire loom, Suzuki Connector for power and ground, just plug it in.  For tach signal just lock the red connector over the yellow wire with blue tracer and push the spade on.

Adjustable from 500-12000 RPM in 100 RPM increments set with push buttons and dip switches, very easy to do and settings are flashed back to you for accuracy.

$65 TYD Including Busa Service Manual and Directions on CD  (this is apprix $10 more than buying from Harlan direct, for those scared of wiring.)
    Red
    Yellow
    Green
    Orange
$81 TYD Including Busa Service Manual and Directions on CD  (this is apprix $10 more than buying from Harlan direct, for those scared of wiring.)
    Blue

Hello, I am interested in getting one of these shift lights in red if you would. I like the plug and play items  :D
A 200+ MPH fear isn't Ignored, It just hasn't caught up yet!

Offline BLAIZEBUSA

• Rider

Mark
I got mine installed on Monday and like a dummy I tried to program it not knowing it was preset for Greg.
Called Greg and he got me straite in 5 minutes
Thanks for every thing

P.S. you should make some more of the Harlan shift\staging lights

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Sounds good u can order right from site, I will get it ordered and wired up for plug and play.  Also check out my launch shift lights if u drag race at all.

www.boostbysmith.com

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline MOVERIGHT!

• Rider
  • The Key to Life is to die young, at a very old age
Sounds good u can order right from site, I will get it ordered and wired up for plug and play.  Also check out my launch shift lights if u drag race at all.

www.boostbysmith.com

Just going to the track a couple times to see what I can run the bike at. Money will be on the way in a few mins :)
A 200+ MPH fear isn't Ignored, It just hasn't caught up yet!

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
I just made something up for my bike that others might be able to use if you want key on accessory power and ground without having to do any soldering or scotch locking into the existing harness, just plug connectors in, the put pins on your existing wires and shove into the mating connectors.

This is what i am thinking, let me know what you think, with this you can run 2 aux items in the trunk and 1 near the gauges.  Like everything else i do i can custom do anything you want.

Let me know if you are interested, i am thinking something like $22 shipped, let me know if that sounds fair.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: Gear Based NOS Activation
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 08:59:47 PM »
Gear Based Nitrous Activation
If that 40 shot of NOS is too much in 1st gear for your stock wheelbase bike this mod is for you.  You supply the gps sensor to me and Ill wire it up with a relay so that your NOS will only activate in 2nd - 6th gear.  Or if you want 3rd - 6th gear. 

This also functions as a standard TRE.  Comes with Hayabusa Service Manual on CD.

$55 Shipped (You supply the sensor)
$110 Shipped (I supply a brand new sensor I purchase from a dealer, possible 1 week lead time depending on availability)

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Draco1340

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 10:31:05 AM »
I am interested in your GPS mod, but have heard different things about the new '08 Busa.  I thought that I read that 5th gear and 6th gear are restricted.  Damned if I can remember were I saw this, but can you confirm that the 1N23455 mod will work for derestricting the '08.  I have the clutch out, so its the right time to do this.
THANKS.
I know I can do this.  I saw it done in a cartoon once.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 10:36:53 AM »
I am interested in your GPS mod, but have heard different things about the new '08 Busa.  I thought that I read that 5th gear and 6th gear are restricted.  Damned if I can remember were I saw this, but can you confirm that the 1N23455 mod will work for derestricting the '08.  I have the clutch out, so its the right time to do this.
THANKS.

Tom,

I have heard the same thing from 1 person who here, but with no data.

Dragzooks@indy on sh.org put his bike on the dyno and ran both 4th and 5th gear to 11K RPM (12K indicated). 

I don’t have any instock, but have 5 new sensors coming this week and will be ready by the weekend most likely.

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com