Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: cam question  (Read 2222 times)

Offline midnight black man

• Rider
  • Where am I?
cam question
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:27:45 AM »
has anybody of you tried to put an intake on the exhaust side without replacing or even repositioning the cam sproket and checked the lobe center?

the reason i'am asking is to see if i can do the swap without an adjustable cam sproket...
frankly my dear,i don't give a damn...

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: cam question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 03:35:44 AM »
anybody?

Offline AZIROC

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 05:42:02 AM »
i have not, but i am curious the rpice people have paid to have a shop do this swap.

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 06:02:49 AM »
i cant help you in that...i do everything myself...but i believe as much as they would charge for valve inspection...maybe something more due to the lobe centers setting...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:04:44 AM by midnight black man »

Offline mountainmotor

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 08:15:31 AM »
Using the stock sprocket location will not work . You would still have to press it on and off a zillion times or less if extremely lucky and check the center angle each time, only to pull it out one more time to tack weld the sprocket after you got it dialed in .

I have a new ,never used APE sprocket holder with slotted sprocket thats pressed on a low mile intake cam " indexed for the exhaust side " and it's been set to 106 using a low mile , never been a part engine . If interested I'll take 180.00 shipped  . That saves about 100 bucks vs new .

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »
Using the stock sprocket location will not work . You would still have to press it on and off a zillion times or less if extremely lucky and check the center angle each time, only to pull it out one more time to tack weld the sprocket after you got it dialed in .

I have a new ,never used APE sprocket holder with slotted sprocket thats pressed on a low mile intake cam " indexed for the exhaust side " and it's been set to 106 using a low mile , never been a part engine . If interested I'll take 180.00 shipped  . That saves about 100 bucks vs new .
do it :thumb:

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »
thanks for the info mountainmotor...saves me the trouble of finding out myself the hard way... :thumb:

so...if you send the cam to anthens greece(europe) ,via usps global exress(the only one that's worked for me troublefree so far),with a declared price of 50$ including shipping, and you have  paypal ,consider the 180 in your bank account...

if you agree i'd appreciate a close clear picture of the cam...

thanks again...