Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: F@%K the Kawabusa  (Read 11349 times)

Offline Happyrider

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
F@%K the Kawabusa
« on: January 20, 2007, 11:26:04 AM »
Since I see the Kawabusa is at $12K right now.....odds are my project will be up for sale shortly if the Kawabusa brings that kind of coin.

I also started with a 2001 ZRX 1200

I took a 2001 GSXR 1000 motor bought from badass1000 and made it into a 1070 then I fit it in here.

results?(as shown)

no dyno sheet...but figuring in the neighborhood of 200 rwhp
483 lbs wet
stock fuel capacity
wheelbase is 56.75"

Additions waiting to go on the bike

636r front end with wave rotors and radial brakes
Still looking for 636 or zx10 wheels.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
Re: F@%K the Kawabusa
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 01:08:39 PM »
you need to make some covers to make it look like a stock motor  :thumb:

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:09:03 PM »
Great idea, but you're gonna have to put alot of work into your bike to make it look as good as the Kawabusa.  It looks thrown together in the pics you are showing.  I'll give you $12 for it like it is...lol

Offline Happyrider

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 09:13:45 PM »
Great idea, but you're gonna have to put alot of work into your bike to make it look as good as the Kawabusa.  It looks thrown together in the pics you are showing.  I'll give you $12 for it like it is...lol

they used the zrx radiator, I am not. You will see lines on mine that their's didn't. Performance wise...my bike will stomp that one into the ground.

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »
They made more than just a motor change on that bike.  I think the Kawabusa and the GSXsaki that you are building is going to be two different animals.  Wheight wise your bike sounds like the better deal, over all package it still needs alot of work.  The Kawabua had a mono shock rear end, reinforced frame, and the bike just looked like a sleeper.  It may still be to early in your build to tell how your bike will come out, but good luck.  Stuffing a non stock motor in another factory's frame is a major undertaking, takes some real tallent.   

Offline Pinky

• HO HO
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 12:06:04 AM »
They made more than just a motor change on that bike.  I think the Kawabusa and the GSXsaki that you are building is going to be two different animals.  Wheight wise your bike sounds like the better deal, over all package it still needs alot of work.  The Kawabua had a mono shock rear end, reinforced frame, and the bike just looked like a sleeper.  It may still be to early in your build to tell how your bike will come out, but good luck.  Stuffing a non stock motor in another factory's frame is a major undertaking, takes some real tallent.   
oh he is talented trust me
he has just started on that project it will be nice when he is done with it real nice
T70 turbo w/ 60mm wastegate
Megasquirt EFI

Offline Happyrider

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:44:04 AM »

they replaced on frame spar which didn't need to be replaced. I researched things indepth before taking on any task. ZRXdean is pushing over 300hp through a stock zrx frame....why did they need to strengthen it for 165hp...many guys making more than that with the base ZRX engine.

Yes 2 different animals.

Kawabusa: 165 rwhp, 550 lbs, hayabusa brakes (known to be weak), hayabusa suspension (known to be weak).

My project: under 500 lbs as of this date, radial brakes with wave rotors, 200 rwhp, gusseted upper frame, larger capacity radiator, stock capacity tank (kawabusa lost nearly a gallon), shortened wheelbase.

and as for a "sleeper".....anyone who is into zrx'es sees the mono shock and engine right away....lack of fins on the engine etc. When I tidy mine up it will look stock. The kawabusa also is green like 90% of the zrx'es....my blue is a stock color...but for only one year....'03. They offered green EVERY year.

Offline Ruby Racing

• New User!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »
Sooooooo, 4 years down the line how did this conversion finish up? Would love to see the finished article.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:07:38 PM by Ruby Racing »

Offline Ruby Racing

• New User!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »
Sooooooo, 4 years down the line how did this conversion finish up? Would love to see the finished article.

Anybody know what happened to this bike?