Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Worlds Fastest Indian  (Read 11933 times)

Offline Busa444

• Rider
Worlds Fastest Indian
« on: January 27, 2007, 09:43:42 PM »
Just saw the movie "The Worlds Fastest Indian" in HD with New Zealander Burt Munro played by Anthony Hopkins.

It came out in 05 but never saw till now.
Its amazing his record was still standing as of 05!

Anyone know if his record still holds?

It's a must see if you haven't seen the movie. :thumb:

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: Worlds Fastest Indian
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:42:31 PM »
it has, and like so many records set by the pioneers, the class structure has changed enough that no one will be able run against them.

Offline black954

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 12:14:48 AM »
I was skeptical when I went to see it in the theater, but I was pleasently suprised when it turned out to be a great movie. My buddy, who isn't even into motorcycles, liked the movie as well.
2006 Haybusa built for corners

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 08:52:39 AM »
excellent movie.....the help and support he got from the fellow landspeeders is still around to this day, its nice to see... (at Maxton anyways,not sure about the other venues,have not been there yet...) thanks for all the help maxton landspeeders....
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline shiphteeey

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 08:12:21 PM »
That movie was probably the main reason why I went out to Bonneville in 06 to bust 200  :thumb:
Fastest ZX-12R in the USA:
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville
203 mph at Maxton naked
193.9 mph @ the 9/10
200.28 mph @ TX Mile

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
  • "Worlds Quickest Female on a Prostreet Bike"
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:18:30 AM »
I just saw it late last year... and LOVED IT!

Had heard about it when it first came out but missed it in the Theater since hubby is NOT INTO BIKES AT ALL! and rather not see it alone... so I got it when it first came out on DVD  :thumb:

E.
ET stock motor 9.28, dryshot 8.63, RCC turbo 7.62
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
R&R Trailers courtesy of RandPCarriages.com
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 08:42:30 PM »
I just saw it late last year... and LOVED IT!

Had heard about it when it first came out but missed it in the Theater since hubby is NOT INTO BIKES AT ALL! and rather not see it alone... so I got it when it first came out on DVD  :thumb:

E.

Yup.  I bought it as soon as it came out.  I watched it again the other night.  Inspiring at the very least.  It reminds us to have a sense of humor and to be kind IN ADDITION TO tweeking and tuning like crazy.  Burt's a character isn't he?  Now there's a guy I'd like to meet.
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 05:46:35 AM »
yes burt is and anthony hopkins did a superb job in that role  :thumb: VERY BELEIVABLE!

and as for watchin out for the old guys.. hun that's were it's at... EXPERIENCE rules!

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 05:50:40 AM »
yes burt is and anthony hopkins did a superb job in that role  :thumb: VERY BELEIVABLE!

and as for watchin out for the old guys.. hun that's were it's at... EXPERIENCE rules!

E.

your up Early ,,  going to work?

yup fixen to head out the door now... will get back on when I get there - LOL
(I usually pop on quick to check emails when kids are waiting for the bus..)

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 06:22:38 AM »
:?  you a teacher?

no... I was waiting for my own kids to catch the bus... LOL

I help run a manufacturing company.
(kids wouldn't want me for a teacher... I'd have the bullies and trouble makers duct taped in the corner with their noses to be placed in the center of a circle till I said otherwise  :P )

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »
:?  you a teacher?

no... I was waiting for my own kids to catch the bus... LOL

I help run a manufacturing company.
(kids wouldn't want me for a teacher... I'd have the bullies and trouble makers duct taped in the corner with their noses to be placed in the center of a circle till I said otherwise  :P )

E.

LOL!   :lol:  and the attorneys would be lining up as far as the eye could see ..... I work in a school and normally I'm at my desk/computer by 7:30 a.m.

and back on the subject, I "dragged" my GF to movie back when it was showing last year; she still says today that it's one of the best movies she has ever seen.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 08:13:57 AM »

LOL!   :lol:  and the attorneys would be lining up as far as the eye could see ..... I work in a school and normally I'm at my desk/computer by 7:30 a.m.

and back on the subject, I "dragged" my GF to movie back when it was showing last year; she still says today that it's one of the best movies she has ever seen.

ain't that the truth.. can't discipline kids like ya use to.. that's the trouble with most of 'em :( 

Burt reminded me alot of my Dad.. He loves to tinker with stuff and rig things up his own way...  never caught him peein on the lemon tree but wouldn't put it past him for believin the same  8)

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:06 AM »
We got a pre-release(sounds so much better then bootleg doesn't it?) of the flick on dvd(we still play it at the shop at least a couple times a month), then when it came out we drove an hour and a half to see it on the big screen, while there we met friends of Roger Donaldson(the director of the movie) and his wife, (it was only us and them that stuck around after the movie ended to read each and every credit) and later passed the feelings of the LSR crowd from a mailing list were on to them... and have been getting stuff in the mail from them ever since(we just got another copy of the movie and a picture of the Donaldson family last week as a matter of fact)... really down to earth people from what we know(his wife was raised here in Northern Virginia, which is why their friends were in the NO-VA theater).

At anyrate, Anthony Hopkins is to have stated to them that this was the funnest movie he's ever done bar none, and for those that don't know he agreed up front to cut his normal fee in half(i know, half of a shitload is still half a shitload) becasue he was always so impressed by Burt's determination(he was fully familiar with Roger's earlier documentary called "One Good Run"). And Roger Donaldson footed this movie out of his own pocket to make it happen(all filming was done in New Zealand or in Utah and on the salt, no fake "sets" were used for locations).

If all you've seen is the big screen version you should get the DVD as it has some of the original footage as well as some behind the scene stuff in it, and if all you've seen is the DVD you are missing the best big screen flick you could ever imagine. Seeing it larger then life and hearing the surround sound theater system makes it a whole new movie in the theater(pee before you go in or take an extra cup, cause you won't want to get up once it starts).

Here's a coule pics i have here on the wall:

A two page article from a 1968 Cycle World magazine

A few pics, one on left was taken on the salt in 1971, the ones on the right are from the filming on the salt(the middle ones are at Maxton)

Some of the stuff we received via our new friends and the Donaldsons

Todd

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 01:56:31 PM »
cool stuff Todd..
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline Busa444

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 04:15:31 PM »

Offline CD107

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 05:29:38 PM »
I saw the movie when it hit the theaters with my g/f. She went mainly because I wanted to see the movie, and after the movie was over she said we had to get a copy on DVD.  :D

Got the DVD, but now I wonder is there an HD version available??????

9.13 @ 156 mph, getting closer!
Black Label Racing #107

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 08:28:40 PM »
I saw the movie when it hit the theaters with my g/f. She went mainly because I wanted to see the movie, and after the movie was over she said we had to get a copy on DVD.  :D

Got the DVD, but now I wonder is there an HD version available??????

Good question.  You coming next month?
233 mph Texas Mile

Offline CD107

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »
Gonna try. Gotta get the bike finished up by the 3rd so I can get the 1/4 mile set up done.

Congrats on the new ride. You have it set up and ready to go?
9.13 @ 156 mph, getting closer!
Black Label Racing #107

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 08:14:56 PM »
Gonna try. Gotta get the bike finished up by the 3rd so I can get the 1/4 mile set up done.

Congrats on the new ride. You have it set up and ready to go?

Nah.  I just got it a few hours ago.  The weekend is gone, so it will be another week before I can work on it more than an hour at a time.  I need to make it street legal first, then I'll worry about the details.  Looks like it's going to take a little more than I expected.
233 mph Texas Mile

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 06:29:51 AM »
cool collection Todd and Deb....  :thumb:

love the supplies rack in the back too  :wink: (hoping I'll have something like that in new set up in the pole barn by next winter  :D

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 05:55:48 AM »
Thanks E, between our friends that know the director and my brother's friend that runs with all them guys in NZ we've gotten some very cool stuff related to Burt and the movie. Here's some pics that were sent to my brother from the Munro Challenge last year
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jeepingrog/Monroe%20Challange%202006/

We have so many different types of shelving and storage racks(from what you saw in the front room to a 20'+ tall x 10' long  rack in the back for holding major components, motors, etc.). One of the coolest that I really like came from a library for index cards that I use to hold hard parts(small stuff, bushings, bearings, etc, etc). Another one to consider allotting a little room for is a flat set of shelves for gaskets so they lay flat(gaskets that can sag should never be hung on a board).
Todd

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 08:34:38 AM »
OMG Great use of an old index cabinet...funny how libraries don't use those anymore...

I saw an old sewing and cabinet storage unit that had multiple skinny wide drawers for putting stencils and what not in that I had thought about getting to use for just that.. gaskets and orings and lil stuff that would get lost in a big drawer..

was just talkin with a guy here at the shop about his peg board he got for his garage... only place he coudl find it was an hour away from me but it'll be worth the drive.. it's some type of heavy stuff - cant' recall what he called it other than that it was 1/4" laminated ...

I'm sure hopin it works out for me to make it down there in june.. so far so good.. I would love to take a look at your place it sound like a dream... you dont' need a second wife do ya  :crzy: I think Deb and I could learn to share your tools  :wink:

E.
btw that's totally cool to have friends like that!
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »
On a larger note, I have 8 filing cabinets in my garage that I use to store parts and tools.  Thrilling ay?  I can't recall the last time I saw one of those index card trays from the library.  Maybe grammar school?   :)
233 mph Texas Mile

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »
OMG Great use of an old index cabinet...funny how libraries don't use those anymore...
I saw an old sewing and cabinet storage unit that had multiple skinny wide drawers for putting stencils and what not in that I had thought about getting to use for just that.. gaskets and orings and lil stuff that would get lost in a big drawer..
was just talkin with a guy here at the shop about his peg board he got for his garage... only place he coudl find it was an hour away from me but it'll be worth the drive.. it's some type of heavy stuff - cant' recall what he called it other than that it was 1/4" laminated ...
We have at least 25 sheets of pegboard in the retail area and above 3 or 4 of our workbenches... very inexpensive(we get 1/4"thick white with 1/4" holes from Lowes or Home Depot), and well worth it if used correctly(the pegs can add up eventually, but you can purchase them some here and some there and relocate items and small shelves fast and easy as your needs change).
Here's a new thread that might help us all(i'm always looking for new ideas as my space gets more limited),
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=93077.new#new

I'm sure hopin it works out for me to make it down there in june.. so far so good.. I would love to take a look at your place it sound like a dream... you dont' need a second wife do ya  :crzy: I think Deb and I could learn to share your tools  :wink:
It's not much really, but it's ours and we feel real at home no matter when we're here. Deb and I think alot alike so our buildout was not tough and we did it all on computer first so we new what we wanted to start with(and change as we go). As far as a second wife... well, I've got a full steam ahead on that(i'm aloud 3 other women as a matter of fact). One has to clean well, one has to cook well and one has to make alot of money(preferably in reverse order)... so which one are you? And when it comes to sharing my tools:bah:.... well you'll have to talk to the boss about that one but I'm sure as hell game! 8)

Looking forward to seeing you in June, and you're of course welcome to our place(house or shop) anytime.
Todd
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 12:35:23 PM by narider »

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 12:48:19 PM »
** snip snip ** (i'm always looking for new ideas as my space gets more limited),
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=93077.new#new

** snip snip **

As far as a second wife... well, I've got a full steam ahead on that(i'm aloud 3 other women as a matter of fact). One has to clean well, one has to cook well and one has to make alot of money(preferably in reverse order)... so which one are you? And when it comes to sharing my tools:bah:.... well you'll have to talk to the boss about that one but I'm sure as hell game! 8)

Looking forward to seeing you in June, and you're of course welcome to our place(house or shop) anytime.
Todd

thanks for the link.. I'll have to check that out whenI get home..

as for which one am I? 

Well if I relocate - I'll have no job.. hence no money...

- I am a farely decent Cook - have had many come many miles for my ribs for the BBQ at Ubly Dragway

- I am a neat freak as some have noticed in my pics when I posted with the tear down of my busa

but you didn't list my best Quality.. and maybe I bes not either  :bgd:

SO I'll leave it up to you & Deb as to which catagory to put me in  :wink:

but the tools sharin is NOT AN OPTION... ahhahaha.... I promise to put them back where I get 'em but can't guarantee that they will not show some wear and tear by the time I'm done with them...  :hm:

Appreciate the welcome.. It should be me and maybe another rider and def my oldest daughter... but if ya'll camp at the track I'm game as well... How much time I can take off before hand and after will depend on what I have left for vacation time after getting my race schedule figured out here.. this cruise I'm going on this weekend till the 26th is really screwing up my plans for away track times but oh well I'll do what I have to even if it means playin hookie  :vl:

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 06:20:53 PM »

E.

:woot: :ohman: :bling:

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 10:22:20 PM »
Well if I relocate - I'll have no job.. hence no money...
- I am a farely decent Cook - have had many come many miles for my ribs for the BBQ at Ubly Dragway
- I am a neat freak as some have noticed in my pics when I posted with the tear down of my busa 
Looks like cookin's it then... cool by me! :ppcrn:

but you didn't list my best Quality.. and maybe I bes not either  :bgd:
I didn't even think about someone to keep the bikes clean.... good thinking! :idea: 8)

SO I'll leave it up to you & Deb as to which catagory to put me in  :wink:
That could go two different ways................ couldn't it :?: :1:

but the tools sharin is NOT AN OPTION... ahhahaha.... I promise to put them back where I get 'em but can't guarantee that they will not show some wear and tear by the time I'm done with them...  :hm:
Nothing brings a smile to a face more then being the recipient of good old tool use wear.

Appreciate the welcome.. It should be me and maybe another rider and def my oldest daughter... but if ya'll camp at the track I'm game as well... How much time I can take off before hand and after will depend on what I have left for vacation time after getting my race schedule figured out here.. this cruise I'm going on this weekend till the 26th is really screwing up my plans for away track times but oh well I'll do what I have to even if it means playin hookie  :vl:
E.
We haven't camped at the track in awhile(used to all the time), even the modest hotel rooms(like there's anything else there) deserve credit during a Carolina summer weekend. Let us know.. if timing's right and ya'll want to do I-95 down or back up(or both), our place is open for ya to crash here.
A cruise sure sounds good about now, hope ya'll have a great time,
Todd

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
We haven't camped at the track in awhile(used to all the time), even the modest hotel rooms(like there's anything else there) deserve credit during a Carolina summer weekend. Let us know.. if timing's right and ya'll want to do I-95 down or back up(or both), our place is open for ya to crash here.
A cruise sure sounds good about now, hope ya'll have a great time,
Todd

if you aint' far then heck yeah we'll stay at your place and if ya'll get a room we'll join ya in the same place so we can hang out and stuff in the evenin... I dont' recall if Deb sent me a link for a map to your place and the track but if ya'll have a free moment send it to my hotmail or IM it to my yahoo...

I will be gettin my track schedule in order when I return ... got the tracks info sheets printed off the other day and need to start plotting my course  :vl:

yup I can't wait for this time tomorrow.. I'll be enroute to start the first leg of my journey on the cruise... YEAH BABY!!!!!

Tell Deb she needs to go with us next time.. wanna get more girls in on it next year or year after.. depending on cash flow and what not...

as for cookin... I'll take ya up on that one.. as long as I aint' gotta do dishes  :wink:

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 10:11:23 AM »
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 11:29:28 AM »
if you aint' far then heck yeah we'll stay at your place and if ya'll get a room we'll join ya in the same place so we can hang out and stuff in the evenin... I dont' recall if Deb sent me a link for a map to your place and the track but if ya'll have a free moment send it
I'm not sure where you're at, but if you're in the north-east then 95 should be right on your route anyway. An if you are west of WV or PA...... well, I've had plenty of woman go out of there way because of me in the past so you wouldn't be the first(although it's usually to get away from me and not to get to me). :duh:
Click on the map at the following link, type your starting address in and then click on get directions below it(house is very close by also).
http://twinjugs.com/contact/map.htm
Todd

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
570 miles from Detroit.. a lil over 9 hrs it said...

so add another 3 hrs (cuz I'm north of Detroit)

wow.. that's gonna be a trek... I've emailed myself that map THANKS...

E.
and hun as much as I enjoy our chats.. I feel you should know... it's really DEB I'm coming down to meet and ride with  :wink:

RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 12:21:06 PM »
570 miles from Detroit.. a lil over 9 hrs it said...
so add another 3 hrs (cuz I'm north of Detroit)
wow.. that's gonna be a trek... I've emailed myself that map THANKS...
E.
Yeah, that's a haul(unless you consider the ones that come from Canada and JW that comes from Marquette MI(which is north of Canada I think)) ... but if you do come here first it may give ya a break instead of going straight thru(although DaveO and his wife(my real sweetheart, Dave thinks we like him) do some crazy long hauling each meet and they don't stop here any longer then it takes to get a pizza). And it's of course an open invitation in case you have any drag races near here also(IE: MIR, etc).

and hun as much as I enjoy our chats.. I feel you should know... it's really DEB I'm coming down to meet and ride with  :wink:
Ok, good thinking :wink:.......... I'll use the same story as to not draw any attention to us.
Todd

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 02:10:34 PM »
wow from teh UP? they could swing by my place and pick me up on their way LOL...

as time get's closer I'll see about the road trip plans but what do you recommend shoudl be the day we arrive and what would be the departure time for that June event?

as for the story... YUP YUP...

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »
wow from teh UP? they could swing by my place and pick me up on their way LOL...
Problem getting picked up by them is they're always on the road... from one meet to the next, they're a hard couple to keep up with. Another LSR friend up that way is in Hell(or Ann Arbor actually?), he has his own homemade dyno also, and runs some v-twins(dual engines, etc.), slow ass harley stuff like mine, but cool none the less.

what do you recommend shoudl be the day we arrive and what would be the departure time for that June event?
I'm sorry, you've reached Execution.. to reach Logistics please press *##*#**3, or.... hang up and try your call again and ask for the manager in that department(that'd be Murf).
We usually leave thursday nite and this season we're spending an extra day down there to try and get the records sorted and on the web sooner.. at least that's what I think(which just used up my alotment of doing that for the month).
DEEEEEEBBBBBBB????????
Todd

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 11:50:16 AM »

Problem getting picked up by them is they're always on the road... from one meet to the next, they're a hard couple to keep up with. Another LSR friend up that way is in Hell(or Ann Arbor actually?), he has his own homemade dyno also, and runs some v-twins(dual engines, etc.), slow ass harley stuff like mine, but cool none the less.

I'm sorry, you've reached Execution.. to reach Logistics please press *##*#**3, or.... hang up and try your call again and ask for the manager in that department(that'd be Murf).
We usually leave thursday nite and this season we're spending an extra day down there to try and get the records sorted and on the web sooner.. at least that's what I think(which just used up my alotment of doing that for the month).
DEEEEEEBBBBBBB????????
Todd

hahaha too funny... I know where Hell is ... that would be cool if I could meetup with them going through that area on the way down...

as for waiting for Deb for the dates to arrive and depart I look forward to hearing from her.. now that I'm back from my cruise I'll be getting my track schedules in order (god willin I get my swingarm in time)

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
Welcome home chickie, did you have a good time?

So we were talking about June right? Looks like the kid & I are coordinating summer break with this meet. The meet is June 23 & 24, Sat & Sun. I think I'm picking her up in NJ on the 21 (thur). Then I guess we'll leave Thur night or Fri Morn to drive down to Maxton. Arrive sometime Fri. Then we'll leave Mon am to head home.

You're welcome to swing by our place if you want but it will add a couple hours to your trip. Of course if you're looking to do the trip in 2 days instead of one that might work. No biggie if you don't want to add the extra time. We'll be able to hang out down there & the girls can hang together too.

Let me know whatcha wanna do.
Deb

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 01:34:45 PM »
Welcome home chickie, did you have a good time?

So we were talking about June right? Looks like the kid & I are coordinating summer break with this meet. The meet is June 23 & 24, Sat & Sun. I think I'm picking her up in NJ on the 21 (thur). Then I guess we'll leave Thur night or Fri Morn to drive down to Maxton. Arrive sometime Fri. Then we'll leave Mon am to head home.

You're welcome to swing by our place if you want but it will add a couple hours to your trip. Of course if you're looking to do the trip in 2 days instead of one that might work. No biggie if you don't want to add the extra time. We'll be able to hang out down there & the girls can hang together too.

Let me know whatcha wanna do.
Deb

had a fabulous time.. didn't want to come home LOL... go figure right?

I'll probably be heading down myself Thursday night (If I'm gonna take Friday off) not sure if I can do an all night drive and race to wait to leave Friday after work... so I'll have to take Friday and Monday off more than likely... I may get a head start homeward sunday after the races and not wait till Monday mornin to head back.

I printed off the Map Todd posted a link for before I left for the cruise but at this moment have no idea what I did with it LOL.. I'm sure I stuck it in my race schedule information...

I'll look for it tonight plot out my route and dates.. my daughter will be joining me too for sure.. already told her Dad so he wouldn't plan anything around that time frame with her.

We'll have to get together on Yahoo or call and go over last minute details when time get's closer.. I have already asked for the time off from work so that shouldnt be a problem anymore..  now that I'm back from the cruise it's easier to ask for a couple days off in a row that's a few months from now LOL...  just gotta watch my time out of the office due to being sick.. cuz they take from our vacation hrs first wich REALLY BITES BIG TIME!

never takein a whole week off at once before so it's gonna be hard to remember I dont' have alot of days to use for weekend getaways now..

E.
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike