Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: forced air system technology  (Read 51881 times)

Offline FAST Turbo Systems

• Restricted
  • Rider
Re: forced air system technology
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 08:39:51 PM »
Drew,

Again, I am answering further on this forum because of your responses.  Drew, I spoke with you on the phone last night.  I am simply weeding through emails this evening.  I have repeatedly checked my voicemail today and am positive that I missed no such calls.  I have only posted for the first time tonight and said specifically that I would be following up with the same information to you through email/phone.  There are many combinations of a GT28R!  I was not trying to give fancy wording to avoid offering you what was agreed.  The unit that is assembled is made up of nothing but GT28 components but does not exist as a shelved unit.  As I said before, the part would not go back to Garrett, it would go back to the company that assembles and balances the unit.  That is who takes payment from me for the order and THAT is who requires a restocking fee on any custom order.  You are also correct that I have used this unit in the past and as I stated on the phone, there was some confusion on my part as to what your particular situation was when we spoke the first time.  After that conversation, I placed your voice/name with the turbo that needed to be ordered and it was immediately!  
Drew, you paid for the turbo, I ordered it, it is on the way as we speak.  It is a great setup that will give you the results that you asked for very specifically.  Everything has been exactly as I have said and I ask for the chance to complete the sale through reasonable terms.  If you do not have tracking info this coming week and I am wrong about  the delivery, I will simply send a refund.  That is the only promise I have made and I would like the opportunity to keep it.  

Andrew

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 09:00:09 PM »
Sorry a little to late. You have said the same thing over and over, for the past month. "it will be here next week". If you want me to take a picture of my phone, I will. i called around 3ish today. I am tired of the excuse's, and just want my money.

I am not understanding these specification you talk about. You would not give me any specification, and I have a email to prove that. I was under the influence that is was the same turbo you sold with the kit you sell on ebay.

You have already cost me money. I was planning on building my own header, but spring is almost here, so I had to buy a pre made one.

I know that buying a turbo from sombody else will cost me more money, but im all for it, if it mean not having to deal with you anymore.

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 09:16:01 PM »
Drew,

I am sorry you feel that way.  When you phoned me today, did you leave a voicemail?  I try to specify that in the voicemail.  I understand your purchase of a new header and will get a refund ready.  I thought we could have come to a mutual agreement. 

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:46:56 AM by THEMOTORHEAD »

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »
You cannot advertise on here unless you are a sponsor.

So you will send me a FULL refund correct? Sorry it has to end like this. I have been giving you the benifit of the doubt, and it has slapped me in the face one to many times.

Offline Pete

• Post Master
  • a.k.a 'Geri'
    • Pete's turbo build
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 10:36:28 PM »
When an order is placed, a good response would be:

Sorry, I don't have that unit in stock.
or
Sorry, I am too busy working on my backlog of orders to deal with parts not specific to my kits.
or
Sorry, I only sell kits, not parts.
or
Sorry, I cannot supply the unit you need immediately nor can I say how long exactly the lead-time will be.
or
I can take your money and order now, but I cannot guarantee exactly when your unit will ship, since it's not a standard item.
or
I can't supply the unit you need off the shelf, but I can reccomend xxxxx company who might get you one quick.

etc...etc....

People understand this and respect it. They don't respect folks who take orders they have difficulty fulfilling without being informed of potential backlog/other problems, and they certainly don't expect to be given shipping dates that simply aren't true in a hope it will buy more time.

If a vendor can't fulfill an order in a resonably timescale, they either don't accept it or inform of the possible delay before taking money.

Just IMHO.

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 12:40:35 AM »
Im not defending anyone here so dont jump on my case,but i think he is saying is garret will charge him a restocking fee for it since its a special order turbo and not a stocking one thats on the shelf.

GSX---Night ryder is simply buying the goods. If you are the merchant and you cannot deliver a goods,
         it is your responsibility to swallow any charges. The customer is willing
         to buy the goods, that's about it. He decided to pull his purchase because the merchant
         cannot deliver the goods. So, don't make it difficult.
Like i said im not defending anyone here i have a business  myself, im not saying he shoudnt give all of his money back sparky just asked why there was a restocking fee and i presume its because they dont stock this turbo.

Yes he should give him all of his money back seeing as he hasent even recieved it yet and its been 2 months now i would be furious too,i ordered a turbo from turbonetics one time waited two months for it and i kept getting the run around so i went elseware no skin off my back there are plenty of places to get turbos.
Life is to short to worry about what everybody else thinks.

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 02:18:09 AM »
In an earlier comment, I accepted responsibility for not communicating better.  I am going to refund his money and eat the restock fee (or most likely shelve the turbo) for the poor initial comunication on my part.  I am not refunding the payment based on any potential legal recourse, because there is none.  I have not done anything against the law, just an oversight on my part that caused frustration on the part of Drew. 

Andrew

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 05:48:44 AM »
I appreciate that. Its not like you cant sell it to sombody else.

If I knew what was going on, this would not have been a issue. If you would of told me about the wait, you would of lost my business, but atleast you and I would not have to go threw all of this. You lost my trust, and that is why I took further action. I am a person that does not forgive, so you lost my business for good. just remember this when the next guy ask's you where his stuff is, and make sure you call him when you say you are going too. Word of mouth is your best marketing tool. If your work load is to much, why not stop taking order and get caught up?

My email is still mryken@usd.edu if you need to verify my address. Dont bother calling, because from here on out I want printable documents. I will give you until 2/16/07 to receive the cashiers check. If I do not receive it by then, I will take further action.

Once again i do appreciate you manning up to your mistakes  :wink:

Offline maxsgp

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2007, 05:53:13 AM »
 :vl:
Vel Stage 2 8.99 161  6lb 57yrs

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2007, 05:55:38 AM »
I appreciate that. Its not like you cant sell it to sombody else.

If I knew what was going on, this would not have been a issue. If you would of told me about the wait, you would of lost my business, but atleast you and I would not have to go threw all of this. You lost my trust, and that is why I took further action. I am a person that does not forgive, so you lost my business for good. just remember this when the next guy ask's you where his stuff is, and make sure you call him when you say you are going too. Word of mouth is your best marketing tool. If your work load is to much, why not stop taking order and get caught up?

My email is still mryken@usd.edu if you need to verify my address. Dont bother calling, because from here on out I want printable documents. I will give you until 2/16/07 to receive the cashiers check. If I do not receive it by then, I will take further action.

Once again i do appreciate you manning up to your mistakes  :wink:

i will have a system w yer name on it :wink:

Offline maxsgp

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2007, 05:59:05 AM »
Guys, do your self a favor and stick with MH, Richard, Barry or some established outfit. IMHO
Vel Stage 2 8.99 161  6lb 57yrs

Offline Busanostra

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »
"Like i said im not defending anyone here i have a business  myself, im not saying he shoudnt give all of his money back sparky just asked why there was a restocking fee and i presume its because they dont stock this turbo.

Yes he should give him all of his money back seeing as he hasent even recieved it yet and its been 2 months now i would be furious too,i ordered a turbo from turbonetics one time waited two months for it and i kept getting the run around so i went elseware no skin off my back there are plenty of places to get turbos. "

GSXR---Sorry, I got in your case. I'm a person who understand the relationship between the seller and the buyer. Geri already
          laid out how you deal selling a products. N0need for me to repeat because I laid that out too.
          When you order a modified turbo, its true  the configuration will be different than what Garrett are selling for production
          usage. This is nothing to do between a seller and the buyer. If you cannot simply deliver, you simply refund the buyer.
          If the buyer pulled out from the transaction wihout a valid reason, the turbo is ready to be shipped, by LAW
          you still have to refund but impose the necessary penalty.

However, don't be mistaken there are only handful of company granted by Garrett to be a full dealership. I know this for a fact.
          You have to be really, really big and rich to get into the circle. I am one of those company.
          The company that ANDREW mentioned  he is getting his Garrett, chances are not a Garrett authorized dealer therefore
           non of these 20% BS.
           I never reveal  I sell turbo here because I don't want to burn bridges. I am a car enthusiast and I enjoy people who like
           the same hobbies. I don't associate with bigger people.
          Here take a look at all the dead GARRETTs all over the world laying in my graveyard, and that's includes turbonetics turbos.
         http://www.mjmturbos.com/Graveyards.htm   
          Still, I will not sell turbo from you guys. I joined  not because to take advantage selling turbo but rather enjoy the technical
           knowledge. I love to hear a grasshoppers telling me what to do with my project. I love to see kids learn and try. I always
           respect and encourage kids to play mechanical stuffs than taking drugs.

For Andrew---> again, my advice is to honor your relationship with the buyer. It will be very beneficial in a long run.
           Simply refund the money and move forwards. Heal the wound and benefits from the mistakes.

Jaime

In an earlier comment, I accepted responsibility for not communicating better.  I am going to refund his money and eat the restock fee (or most likely shelve the turbo) for the poor initial comunication on my part.  I am not refunding the payment based on any potential legal recourse, because there is none.  I have not done anything against the law, just an oversight on my part that caused frustration on the part of Drew. 

Andrew
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:38:06 AM by Busanostra »

Offline FJman

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »
So, you dicked someone over for 2 months, lied (or didn't give the whole story) and offered to feed them more shit?

Be glad you're not dealing with me, I guess.  I'd get you into court just to make your life miserable.  I'd consider it money well spent.  In business, you need to either get product out or get cash out, whatever... you make  the customer happy. 

These guys are being really nice to you.  Honestly.  And imo, sadly.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007, 09:42:10 AM »
So, you dicked someone over for 2 months, lied (or didn't give the whole story) and offered to feed them more shit?

Be glad you're not dealing with me, I guess.  I'd get you into court just to make your life miserable.  I'd consider it money well spent.  In business, you need to either get product out or get cash out, whatever... you make  the customer happy. 

These guys are being really nice to you.  Honestly.  And imo, sadly.

+1000

F.A.S.T has had a 1/2 dozen threads posted about him hear and everyone has sung the EXACT same tune....lied too, jerked around, and then ignored.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 12:49:13 PM »

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 04:29:41 PM »
he's not refunding your money....

lawyer.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 08:20:57 PM »
no need for a lawyer, going to file a claim on tuesday for small claims court  :wink:. damn presidents day anyhow.

really goes to show what kind of person he is. what prolly happened was the bank is out of money orders and cashiers checks, so there on back order right now, and will be here next week  :roll:

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »
Yeah and now when you take him to court he will have to pay a restocking fee.   LOL

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »
plus the fee's to get here, plus the fee's of court, plus the fee's of me and my wife having to take a day off of work  :thumb:.

either way he is screwed. it would be cheaper for him not to spend money on a flight. and the judge will rule out his restock fee  :lol:

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »
almost forgot, plus the intrest.

he is going to have a hard time proving that 20% restock fee, since he never told me it was not a self turbo until a week ago  :lol:

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 09:14:30 PM »
Yeah he's not really had that good of a track record. I know its a little late but here's another thread with some more of his service maybe you can get all of the bad posts on his service together for record or something.
http://forums.dragbike.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5600&PN=1

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »
yeah i read that a couple weeks ago. wonder if they guy ever got his turbo system  :?:

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 09:27:33 PM »
Dont know there was on on gixxer .com last year also.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2007, 12:45:40 AM »
get em buddy,  and next time buy from dennis, rcc, or mcxpress  :thumb: :lol: :lol:

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
Drew,

You said specifically not to call you, I stated very obviously that I was going to refund your money on this thread and in emailed response!  I came on hear and publicly accepted responsibility and now you are disrespecting me.  Is this why you prefer not to talk in person?  I think you know that I was being completely honest with you but you made a change of plans.  As stated earlier, there was a misunderstanding that AGAIN I accepted responsibility for.  I will be back in the office Tuesday and I recommend you send some communication (however you fell comfortable, email/by phone) as to whether you simply still want the refund in full. 

Andrew