Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Stock tire info needed  (Read 10415 times)

Offline busasteven

• Post Whore
Stock tire info needed
« on: November 19, 2002, 11:07:00 PM »
What is the exact model and size of the stock hayabusa rear tire? I have an 2002

Thanks

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
-Dalai Lama

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 11:16:00 PM »
still have it I'll look tommorrow....

Offline ATLbusa

• Post Master
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 11:16:00 PM »
190/50ZR-17  Bridgestone Battlax BT56, if same as other years.

suzuki4life

Stock tire info needed
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 11:29:00 PM »
I think its the BT56J its actually 198mm stock. That's why most people stepped up to the 200s since they are basically the same width.

Offline busasteven

• Post Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 11:35:00 PM »
Is it ok to mix tire brands?
"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
-Dalai Lama

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 11:41:00 PM »
Before I got the M1's, I had the bridgestone front with the D207 rear and didn't have any real problems. Still love the M1's though. Feels more solid thru the turns. Plus the D207 always spun-up on me when I nailed the throttle. The M1's just try to yank your arms off.        

BTW- My D207 was a 200 and the M1 is a 190.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2002, 01:01:00 AM »
its not real wise to mix, bikes with tuned suspensions rely on matched or tuned tires, you especially would not want a tire that heats up at different temps or one heat sensative and the other not, or a stickier tire in the rear, good chance the front may wash, but if you're just doing the granny stuff no prob. just keep it in mind....

Offline busasteven

• Post Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2002, 01:54:00 AM »
Thanks!

-Dalai Lama

suzuki4life

Stock tire info needed
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2002, 11:02:00 PM »
I disagree with mixing brands. The typical street rider will never know unless you go full spectrum opposites. I run Bridgestone BT010's on back and 020's on front. And never a problem. Remember torque monsters like the busa benefit from using a sticker tire on back than on front to help try to make that torque stick and help in limiting wheel spin. The 020's are considered sport touring tires and my wife could prove to you they still sitck well enough to pull endos on.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2002, 11:30:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by suzuki4life:
...That's why most people stepped up to the 200s since they are basically the same width.

Actually, the real reason that people put 200s on their bikes is because they are posers that don't know any better.

If you actually ride, go to a 180/55ZR17. It will turn in much quicker, and makes the bike feel like it lost 50lbs. Much better traction on corner exits too. It's a win/win/win situation.

And they cost less too.      
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2002, 11:32:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gottabusa:
Before I got the M1's, I had the bridgestone front with the D207 rear and didn't have any real problems. Still love the M1's though. Feels more solid thru the turns. Plus the D207 always spun-up on me when I nailed the throttle. The M1's just try to yank your arms off.              

BTW- My D207 was a 200 and the M1 is a 190.

Wait 'till you try a 180. You'll never go back.  
-Kirk

suzuki4life

Stock tire info needed
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2002, 10:47:00 PM »
So kirk once my turbo Busa is done i should go to a 180 so my straight line contact patch is smaller on a bike I have no trouble (already)spinning the wheel on. All this to make a bike which was never designed to be a corner carver into some wannabe racer replica bike?

Kirk, shut up. I guess you know more than Suzuki did hence why you are the head of a billion dollar company who would have enough pull to make this illogical action happen. Oh right forgot, you're just a Pig who isn't smart enough to know he's a pawn of the system. A person who comes here to brag about what is right and fair and how the law is and how the enforcers of the law should be respected. Then you go on to telling us how you break the law. What a roll model. Kirk go back to Labusas and have imaginary conversions with yourself.

Offline Bus Rydr

• Post Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2002, 12:08:00 AM »
Suzuki4life is correct.  The stock tire is a Bridgestone BT56J series 190. And I'm 99.99% certain the tire has not changed through 2002.

This is not the same size as a BT56SS 190 or any other 190. A standrad 200 in Dunlop, Metzeler or the Bridgestone 010 will be a closer fit to the stock 190.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Stock tire info needed
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2002, 10:55:00 AM »
These bikes already have so much straight-line traction that no matter what rear tire you have, they will wheelie before they will spin, unless you do something really stupid. I have buddys that wheelie in the rain. Straight-line traction is simply not a concern unless you are drag racing (on a drag strip) on a lowered and lengthened bike. Even the 9/10 guys tend to use 180s because they accelerate better.

And anything less than Gold-Wing straight up and down, and it's all over. A 180/55 will always give better traction banked over than a comparable 190/50 or a 200/50. I've used all three sizes in three different brands and five compounds, and the 200 spun the worst on corner exits. It was useless. The 190/50 was okay, but the 180/55 is way better. And it's cheaper too. Why pay extra to lower the performance of your bike?
-Kirk