Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: dealer screwed me  (Read 10870 times)

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« on: November 06, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »
Hey people.  I need some advice.  I just bought a 2003 Busa.  I had never loaded a bike in the back of a truck before, always had a car.  After the deal was complete, they put it in my truck.  The actual salesman that I was dealing with drove it into my truck and showed me how to tie it down.  The only thing I did was connect the left side hook.  He then proceeded to tighten it up and the service guy told him to put a piece of wood in front of the forward tire.  After this was done he tightened them down all the way and said it would be good for my trip home (1 hour which they new).  Well by the time I got home the wood block came out and scratched up the front fender pretty bad.  It is about 1 inch by 3 and 1/2 inch by 2(two spots).  I called the sales manager and he told me once it left their lot it was my responsibility not theirs.  What should I do.

Offline ATLbusa

• Post Master
dealer screwed me
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »
Your responsible for it,  sorry,  only thing you can do is pass the word of the treatment,   too bad they couldnt stand behind there actions, a bunch of chicken shits!  I hate factory dealers!

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »
Yeah that is what I am figuring too.  I hate that fricking place.  It just makes me mad that I asked them for help and that half as#ed me.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
dealer screwed me
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »
Just tell them you will be going elsewhere for everything that applies to the cycle and will tell all 3000 people on this board of your pleasant experience...

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »
Yeah that is all I can do.  The only problem is they have a monopoly on all the suzuki dealers withing 21/2 hours of me.

Offline ATLbusa

• Post Master
dealer screwed me
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »
Yeah what he said.  Here is a list to take to them
www.hayabusa.org
www.suzukihayabusa.org
www.gixxer.com

Any others??

Talk to the owner about the situation,  sure you will get a different outcome, the guys in the place just dont want to get in trouble with the boss man so thats why they wont help,  sure of it.   Hell he made some bucks off of you, and if he makes you happy more later.  The peeons dont see that.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »
But really there most likely isn't anything holding them responsible since they loaded it and tied it down right.

Offline ATLbusa

• Post Master
dealer screwed me
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »
Ron Ayers has brand new fenders for 128.79  so even if you went to small claims court is it worth that to ya.  And if the dealer cant come up with 100 bucks to fix a screw up Fuk em.  Like I said I am sure the owner would come off that to make a customer happy.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 02:41:00 PM »
true i see your point.  i guess i just learned my lessin with them.

Offline crazybill

• Mad Post Whore
    • www.PortTechHeads.com
dealer screwed me
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »
labusas.org
psychobike.com
superkaos.com
bikecrazy.org
bikeland.org

thats gotta be good for another 10,000 or so
“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a builder who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.”

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 03:01:00 PM »
Aww come one dude, I have helped people tie down bikes also, and they come with these cheezy tie downs they bought from K-mart, and expect them not to stretch!
 I always stop somewhere after a few miles to recheck that everything stayed put, then continue on!
 Im sorry, but you have to take responsibility for what you are carrying!
 Don't blame the dealer, at least he tried to help you!! What an ass you are for blaming him!
 Ive met enough guys like you, that look for blame anyway you can on someone else! Grow up!
 I've had people tip over their bikes in the driveway and expect us to buy them new plastic!
 When you buy something, you have to know what you are doing to safely transport it home, if you don't find a friend to ride along, and help you!
 Your the same guy that goes to Menards and straps a ton of shit on his car, and half is lost on the way home, and you go back and blame Menards!  
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »
yeah, sorry bro but I really don't agree with you on this one.    you bought the bike, it's your responsibility to take care of it and keep an eye on it and tie it down properly. I'd be mad too... but it isn't their fault that the piece of wood came out. Things happen. Just sell the scratched fender here and buy a perfect one here you'll only be out like 30 bucks maximum, probably not even that much.
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »
damn you guys what the fuck is your problem.  like i said i told these guys that i didn't know how to do it and they said that it would be fine.  in my opinion if they are in the buisness of selling bikes that have this much money tied up in them they should do a little more than tell me i'm good and send me on my way if i told them i didn't know what to do.  sorry i am not an all knowing person on everything ok, but you don't have to jump down my throat.  you try to sterio type me and you don't even know a thing about me.  the only thing i expected was good service, and that doesn't stop at the sale ok.  you are the one that needs to grow up and quit freaking out.  i am looking for advice here, not trying to pass the buck on someone.  if i was to sell a boat and put it on the trailer for someone, if i mess something up i will take responsibility for it.  i gues it is different with bikes.  so you chill out.  but i will thank you for one thing, a good laugh at your attitude.

Offline HayaBoootie

• Rider
    • http://www.happytreefriends.com/
dealer screwed me
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »
Yeah unfortunatly you can't trust anyone else but yourself. You have two choices, pay someone to do it for ya or learn how to do it yerself. Unfortunatly there is a learning curve with option #2 and the what happened is part of that process. No sense worrying about it tho, the next part of the learning curve is likly to mess up the fairing real bad! we've all done it at one time or another.

The best one I heard was two brothers that were towing a car home on the freeway with a 200ft rope. They figured you tie one end to one car and the other to the other car right? So down the freeway they went 200 feet apart.

It was all good until the light at the bottom of the off ramp changed as the first brother went thru it ....

The other brother needed a new car! So you're ahead so far  

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
Well thanks alot to all.  I appreciate what you all said, even the immature ones.  Anyway, I will just go ahead and repair it and use this as a learning expieriance.

Offline Fred Martin

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
The dealers around here won't even help you load them because of stuff like this. I don't blame them.

I was at a dealership the other day and there was a lady there buying her husband a bike and they wouldn't even help her.  She couldn't hold the bike up at all so she left to get somebody.

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by fmart:
The dealers around here won't even help you load them because of stuff like this. I don't blame them.

I was at a dealership the other day and there was a lady there buying her husband a bike and they wouldn't even help her.  She couldn't hold the bike up at all so she left to get somebody.

now that is just going too far. I mean they won't even help you load? I would take my business elsewhere.

I do know that the busa fender is VERY VUNERABLE to being scratched due to the overhang. It's unfortunate that they or yourself didn't know that. You just have to chalk it up to a learning expierience. actually $130 is a small price to pay for a learning expierience. some guys that swear they didn't need to do the kickstand mod are out a grand or so.    

SO GO DO THE KICKSTAND MOD NOW!!!!
let's keep this learning curve to a minimum      
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »
[QUOTE but i will thank you for one thing, a good laugh at your attitude]  [/QUOTE]

I get a good laugh when guys like you blame others for your ignorance!
 The dealer was nice enough to try to help you tie it down, and you have the balls to complain!
 If I didn't know what I was doing, I would have stopped and made sure it was ok a few miles down the road anyway, wouldn't that have made sense??
 He helped you get it in place the best he could, and now you wanna blame him for something that happened when the bike was in YOUR possesion.
 My God, it would never end if he paid for that, he would have to pay for a rock chip thrown up from another vehicle because he tied it closer to one side then the other, when would it end? Quit complaining and be happy he stuck his neck out to help you at all!
 If he wouldn't have helped you, and something happened who would you blame then?    
 Shit happens, get over it!
 Call him back and apologize for being an ASSHOLE!! People like you make good people like him wanna quit! He probably will never help anyone again thanks to you!!!  

Offline JonReed

• Post Master
  • The better stuff.
    • Sport Chrome
dealer screwed me
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »
I hear your gripe. I dont agree. I do think anyone spending money on a bike should learn to tie it down before turning the key. look at it this way. you learned the hard way and it cost you a bill. could have cost you the whole bike.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »
OK, so there are a lot of mixed opinions on this.  To the people that are telling me that I should have known better, or brought someone with me to make sure it was done right I ask you this.  If the dealership that sells the bike can't do it right then who can.  Also there is no way I am going to call them back to apologize, becuase I didn't do anything wrong.  All I did is ask them if this was my responsibility now.  What the hell is it with you people, why are you all taking this so personal.  I unserstand now that no matter who thinks who is responsible for what happened, it is my bike now and I am going to be the one getting it fixed.  Damn you people..this is making me really laugh.  All i wanted to do was find out if someone else ever had this happen and what the deal was, sorry for making such a hate war.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
dealer screwed me
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by foresteronw:
damn you guys what the fuck is your problem.  like i said i told these guys that i didn't know how to do it and they said that it would be fine.  in my opinion if they are in the buisness of selling bikes that have this much money tied up in them they should do a little more than tell me i'm good and send me on my way if i told them i didn't know what to do.  sorry i am not an all knowing person on everything ok, but you don't have to jump down my throat.  you try to sterio type me and you don't even know a thing about me.  the only thing i expected was good service, and that doesn't stop at the sale ok.  you are the one that needs to grow up and quit freaking out.  i am looking for advice here, not trying to pass the buck on someone.  if i was to sell a boat and put it on the trailer for someone, if i mess something up i will take responsibility for it.  i gues it is different with bikes.  so you chill out.  but i will thank you for one thing, a good laugh at your attitude.

Don't post for advice on a board when you are new and get an attitude after 10 posts or you can  forget any help for a looooooooooooooooooong time with anything.......

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »
Its not a Hate-war as you call it. Im a dealer and I encounter stuff like this now and then.
 I always do my best to help everyone with everything I know about the bike, including all the little secrets I know on how to maintain the bike so it lasts a long time!
 I even offer to photocopy text from the service manuals on how to do your own repairs!
 I have helped people tie down bikes as well.
 What pisses me off is that if I help someone with something, it automatically becomes my fault if something goes wrong! It never is the guys fault for not knowing himself, or anyone elses. But now its MINE!
 WELL FUCK THAT!!
 You have to sometime take responsability for shit yourselves! Don't automatically look for blame when shit goes wrong!
 SHIT HAPPENS!
 Bolts break, straps break, stretch etc..
 Alot of stuff can happen, sometimes its an act of GOD!
 But for you to automatically call your dealer to try to get him to pay for it, or fill out the survey bad now that this happened is just pure horse shit!
 Look at all the positive that the salesperson did, and say to yourself, AWW SHIT, DAMMIT, FUCK!
 And go on with life!
 Callin him now made you look like a whinny ASSHOLE, and made him feel bad, and probably made him say to himself, "Fuck if Im touchin anyone elses bike after they buy it!"
 That would be like stoppin to help someone that was in an accident, and then they died, and havin the family blame you!
 You should appologize to him for callin him in the first place for putting the greif of your misfortune on him, and appreciate him for trying to help you at all!
 DAMMIT YOU ARE A MEAN SELFISH PERSON!!

Offline lesbusa

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »
Either way guy you're S.O.L.

I have to disagree with most of the comments on this post. The dealer fucked up. If the buyer asked for assistance and assistance was rendered it shouln't be to much to expect it to be done correctly. If the dealer is in the bike biz. and can't tie a bike down in the back of a pickup then it makes me wonder about how competent they are to service it.

It seems unreasonable for you guys to say that tieing down the bike is so simple that anyone should know how to do but then defend the dealer for doing it wrong. When I bought my 'Busa I rolled onto the back of my truck and tied it down myself and drove it home without any problems.

As for the taking responsibilty for oneself. I don't see the dealer taking any responsibilty for anything besides cashing the check. Did the dealer say "your good to go buddy. Have fun." or did they say "Your good to go buddy. Have fun. BTW check those ties every 50 miles or so."

quote:
People like you make good people like him wanna quit! He probably will never help anyone again thanks to you!!!

If thats the kind of help he gives its a public service if he stops. The sooner the better.

Offline ZXALAN-R

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »
They could warranty it for you if they really wanted to.  They just don't want to fool with it.  Tell them to help you out or the scheduled services will be performed by someone else.  Its not REALLY their responsibility but a caring dealer would help you out.  We do this all the time.  Kawi dealer though.  

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »
quote:
If thats the kind of help he gives its a public service if he stops. The sooner the better.  
So because a piece of wood pops out from in front of the tire your saying the salesman is at fault is that what your saying??
 Did they charge him to take the time to tie down the bike? I BET NOT!
 IF it was a payed service I would then be pissed myself, otherwise your fuckin crazy, and just as much a fault finder!
 Think about it, once the papers are signed it becomes YOUR BIKE! If he helped you with anything from then on makes him a good person, and if goofball didn't check to make sure everything is ok, he is the one to blame, no one else!
 No wonder the world is so fucked up nowadays!
 Shit like this just reinforces the fact that no matter what you do, you just can't make everyone happy!