Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: dealer screwed me  (Read 10871 times)

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »
quote:
 damn you guys what the fuck is your problem. like i said i told these guys that i didn't know how to do it and they said that it would be fine. in my opinion if they are in the buisness of selling bikes that have this much money tied up in them they should do a little more than tell me i'm good and send me on my way if i told them i didn't know what to do. sorry i am not an all knowing person on everything ok, but you don't have to jump down my throat. you try to sterio type me and you don't even know a thing about me. the only thing i expected was good service, and that doesn't stop at the sale ok. you are the one that needs to grow up and quit freaking out. i am looking for advice here, not trying to pass the buck on someone. if i was to sell a boat and put it on the trailer for someone, if i mess something up i will take responsibility for it. i gues it is different with bikes. so you chill out. but i will thank you for one thing, a good laugh at your attitude.  
Come on man, take a step back... you are getting really worked up or "freaking out" about a very minor problem, when you said the dealer screwed you... i immediately thought of the time they fixed my starter clutch failure and they forgot to put parts back on my bike and i had to have it towed 80 miles when the FI light came on and she started sputtering during a 150 mile trip, or the time they stole my speed sensor, or the time they tried to steel my belly fairing, or the time they installed my wheel and then the sprocket bolts backed out enough to rub on my swingarm before i got home... those were absolutely the dealer's fault and they didnt even pay for those damages... I've learned my lessons! I don't take my bike to dealers anymore. No offense to you Falcon    or the dealership you work at.

It isn't the dealers fault that piece of wood came out, it sucks for sure! but it is REALLY not the dealer's fault or even the guy that helped you... its not your fault either... everybody knows stuff like this just happens sometimes. I gave you advice on how to get it repaired with little cost to you... Check out the for sale and wanted sections and you will be good to go in no time!

good luck man
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline snowman427

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »
FALCON YOU SOUND LIKE A REAL ASSHOLE!! IT'S AMAZING YOUR STILL IN BUSINESS WITH THAT ATTITUDE!!

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by gnd111:
quote:
qb]
Don't post for advice on a board when you are new and get an attitude after 10 posts or you can  forget any help for a looooooooooooooooooong time with anything.......
So Some dumbass rips into him but he's suppose to take it cause he's new? Makes a lot of sense!NOT  

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2003, 08:23:00 PM »
Snowman, my attitude and outlook are realistic.
 Like I said, I help everyone as much as possible, I give them my home and cell numbers in case they need me!
 I help people to learn how to do their own maintainence as well!
 I can say this much, we as a dealer are rated #1 in 86 dealers in our entire group! You don't believe me, I will have other members that I ride with and have sold Bikes too on this board back it up! One bought two Busas from me!
 So before you call me an asshole, you better look in the mirror!  
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline FILT166

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »
You know if the dealer was really nice and wants to keep your business, the person you talked to could try to help out and say, maybe we can get you a deal on the fender, cost + 1-10% That would show they care enough to help him out. But I think it is partially both your faults. the dealership should have told you to check the wood and the straps OFTEN. I have had the wood fall out of place and the fender did hit a little bit but it did it no damage at all, plus I had it in gear so it didnt travel too far forward.
02 SE Busa gone & mis it
99 Busa a lil stretch
08 orange/black

Offline VegasDude

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
dealer screwed me
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2003, 09:23:00 PM »
I can understand your frustration..........however this is not the Dealers fault. He did the right thing by placing the wood there, I do the same thing. But sometimes shit happens. Get over it and go ride the bike..................otherwise your gonna have a heart attack. When you deal with machinery your gonna have these things happen. Thank God your in a country you can buy such a bike and ride it................RELAX.......................enjoy the bike, enjoy the board and later go to ebay and find a front fender...............  
2008 Busa
2007 Ducati 999S
2006 BMW K1200S

Offline VegasDude

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
dealer screwed me
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »
Oh, btw FalconA is dead on................!!
2008 Busa
2007 Ducati 999S
2006 BMW K1200S

Offline dnolder

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »
Just my two cents, If you don't know how to load a bike I sure hope you know how to drive a busa. Otherwise somebody else will be putting a new post about the asshole dealer that sold the poor boy that never owned a bike a Hayabusa and nows he's in boothill!

Offline Widowmaker

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2003, 10:10:00 PM »
Welcome to the board.

Nobody is perfect. This is not the dealer's fault.

When towing or hauling ANYTHING that must be connected to the vehicle or tied down, check it after a few miles to be sure nothing has loosened. Check the trailer hitch. Check the tension in the tiedowns. Make it part of your routine every time. This is not optional.

It could have been worse. Get a new fender, or live with the damaged one as a reminder until it bugs you enough to replace. Chalk it up to experience.

Offline skid vicious

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2003, 11:14:00 PM »
sorry bud.  i have to side with falcon A on this one.  only because i know that, in the same way that "truckers are responsible for their load", so should you be.  in fact, pilots are also responsilbe for anything that happens to the plane once it leaves ground.  check your shit, then re-check it. even if a "professional" said it was ok.
and i don't think that anyone has jumped down your throat.  people have opinions and its kinda hard to know that they mean well someitmes.  lesson learned eh?  

Offline Bigg Wormm

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2003, 12:45:00 AM »
may i suggest you go back to the dealer and ask them to order a fender for you at cost. thats probably the best they will do for you.

Offline HayaBoootie

• Rider
    • http://www.happytreefriends.com/
dealer screwed me
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2003, 01:28:00 AM »
Oh come on now, how long do ya think its gonna stay pristine? I have GIANT chips all over the front of my bike. One is about 1/2  inch long made by Fulltilt while we were all passing and went over a bunch of dirt and rocks.

My front fender has a 2 inch crack up the side of it cos I keep forgetting to take of the disc lock before moving the bike. It gets worse every time I deliberatly run into the back tire of Sterling.

The fairing is all scratched up from scraping. The paint is all worn off on the rear fairing from my boots, and the tank is a little scratched up from the inevitable dirt between the tank bag rubbing.

Then thers is my brand new helmet that has two giant ass scratches cos Nick and Fulltilt were in such a damn rush that day.

Feel better now?

Trust me, after a couple of hundred miles on the worlds greatest bike it just doesn't matter anymore...

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2003, 01:33:00 AM »
Why are you running in to the back of Sterling, have a thing for my brother? ?

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline HayaBoootie

• Rider
    • http://www.happytreefriends.com/
dealer screwed me
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2003, 01:39:00 AM »
Its just too funny to give him a little whiplash and scare the piss outa him for a second as his bike leaps into the intersection a foot... hehehe
Where is Sterling anyways? Havnt seen him since the Vegas run?

Offline lesbusa

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2003, 01:40:00 AM »
Let me try to clarify my position:

quote:
IF it was a payed service I would then be pissed myself, otherwise your fuckin crazy, and just as much a fault finder!  
Actually I do most of my own work so when I find fault its usually with me.    I just get ticked off when I pay good money to have work done that I know how to do and usually do myself and its done at a piss poor level that should be an embarissment to a service dept.

If you volunteer a service you own the work just as if you charged for it. This includes freebies and value added items.The potential consequences damage wise are the same either way.  

quote:
Its not REALLY their responsibility but a caring dealer would help you out. We do this all the time. Kawi dealer though.
Your right, it wasn't their responsibilty until they took the responsibility. Now they own the problem. Look I understand the idea of "sure I'll help you out no problem." But if you volunteer to do it then you own it.

quote:
So because a piece of wood pops out from in front of the tire your saying the salesman is at fault is that what your saying??
Well I think you hit the nail on the head.

When damage occurs because something a dealer did that shows up off the dealer property its pretty hard to prove and harder to get anyone to fess up and take responsibility for.
Can the bike owner trust that the tie down job was done well and shit happens or was it a questionable job done by somebody who only has a little more experience than he does? Which was it? Who knows? Even if it was a freebie the buyer has a right to expect a certin level of competence and expetise from someone who volinteers to do the tie down.

Can the dealer trust that the board just fell down in the normal transport of the bike. Did the truck hit a huge pot hole at speed? The buyer may have unloaded the bike, drove it unto the garage, hit something, turned out the lights and went to bed. Comes out in the morning rolls the bike out into the light and goes "WTF?" I know there are alot of people out there who would take advantage of a dealer at any oppertuinity. But it doesn't justify the "FU what do you expect me to do about it buyer beware attitude" that I'm picking up on this post.

quote:
i have to side with falcon A on this one. only because i know that, in the same way that "truckers are responsible for their load", so should you be. in fact, pilots are also responsilbe for anything that happens to the plane once it leaves ground.
Are you equating  trained  pro.s to someone who doesn't have a clue and asks for help? Truckers and pilots are paid to know and receive training so that they do know.

quote:
may i suggest you go back to the dealer and ask them to order a fender for you at cost. thats probably the best they will do for you.  
Yes I second that. Go back and try to work it out. Get a jacket or money off on something significant. To me the measure of a dealership is how they respond when something goes wrong not when something goes right.

Offline lesbusa

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2003, 01:45:00 AM »
Also, who is this saleman and what exactly are his qualifacations to show anybody anything about loading a bike and tieing it down?

Offline Randor-B

• Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2003, 04:14:00 AM »
You don't believe me, I will have other members that I ride with and have sold Bikes too on this board back it up! One bought two Busas from me!
------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I bought two Busa's from Falcon and he has always treated me right!!! Sorry Forest, I can relate to having issues that you are not completely comfortable handling on your own, but I have been fortunate enough to have Falcon help me out and never had a problem. Every time he has helped me out, I am right there learning and seeing how it is done. Maybe your dealer should have warned you to check on the bike after a few miles (I agree, that would have been nice), but maybe he thought you already knew that.
Hang in there and enjoy your new bike!!!!

Offline WayneE

• Mad Post Whore
  • Habitual linestepper
dealer screwed me
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2003, 07:28:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper:
If your buying a Busa i would think this is not your first bike. So you should know how to tie a bike down yourself. If the Busa is your first bike then you have no worries as you'll have alot of scratches on it soon anyway!

Well said, Reaper  

Offline Hurc

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by squirts1:
yeah, sorry bro but I really don't agree with you on this one.     you bought the bike, it's your responsibility to take care of it and keep an eye on it and tie it down properly. I'd be mad too... but it isn't their fault that the piece of wood came out. Things happen. Just sell the scratched fender here and buy a perfect one here you'll only be out like 30 bucks maximum, probably not even that much.

I gotta agree with Squirts1 here... learning experience and your lucky it didnt fall over and do more damage than just the front fender. A good rule of thumb though, is to stop after about 20-30 miles to re-check your straps and then occasionally afterwards.  small price to pay to ensure that this doesnt happen again.. I know a little too late, but sorry bro.. good luck with your repair and enjoy your "little monster".

Offline Hurc

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »
quote:
I was at a dealership the other day and there was a lady there buying her husband a bike and they wouldn't even help her.[/QB]
Dayum... can I have one of those ladies    
My wife doesnt even want to sit on a bike, let alone buy me one  

Offline Hurc

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »
quote:
Don't post for advice on a board when you are new and get an attitude after 10 posts or you can  forget any help for a looooooooooooooooooong time with anything.......[/QB]
just outta curiosity, how many posts do you need before you can get an attitude? 626? I'm kinda new here also so just wondering.

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hurc:
[/QB]

just outta curiosity, how many posts do you need before you can get an attitude? 626? I'm kinda new here also so just wondering.[/QB][/QUOTE]

As you read on, you'll find there are very ignorant people on this site.

For anybodies information- telling him he should know by now how to tie a bike down is one of the most ignorant statements i have ever heard on here! I am 37 years old, I have been on bikes since the age of 10.(first one being a 125 elsinore) Untill this year, I have never needed or had to for any reason tie a motorcycle down. Why in the world would you need to have known how to tie it down in order to own one? Bikes are to ride not to trailer around on the back of something tied down. So explain your comments.

Furthermore- the guys who tied it down told someone that has never done this before that it was good for the ride home period. And he trusted them thinking that they have had to of done this many times so it is correct. Probably not a question in his mind as to weather they did it right or not. The new busa owner is over whelmed that in the back of his truck is his brand new Busa he has been waiting to get for sometime. So he's excited and wondering if it was tied correctly was not on his mind. Quit cracking on him and move on. He should have checked but he didnt. some of you just look for stories so you can rip into people. Like Falcon A. Could have said what you said differently so you don't come across like a dick! grow up .

Also GND111- you have no right to tell someone they won't get help on here! You ain't jack here! He's got questions we've got answers. hell your so new here you have no clue how to use the search to locate 2-300 posts about exhaust.You still ask newbie questions  

Offline Scotty

• Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »
You have a legal argument since they loaded the bike on for you and assured you if was properly secured for your one hour trip.  You detrimentally relied on their experience and suffered a loss.  Problem is the fender isn't very expensive and after fees in small claims court-you'd have a small recovery.  

Offline Coryonbusa

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »
What I want to know is...
How can you buy a new bike and not ride it off???
I couldn't wait to get on mine!!!!!

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »
The wood would not have come out on normal roads if the straps were pulled tight enough.
then, depends if this guy drove with extreme care and didnt drive down a bumby hillbilly dirt road or a road with pot holes too fast?
Only the driver knows the answer.

Ask your salesman to hook you up at 15% over cost on a fender.
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH