Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: dealer screwed me  (Read 10874 times)

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »
First off, Thanks Randor  and all the others for your understanding comments!
 Second off,      
quote:
Quit cracking on him and move on. He should have checked but he didnt. some of you just look for stories so you can rip into people. Like Falcon A. Could have said what you said differently so you don't come across like a dick! grow up .

I don't know how I can come off as a dick when the thread is titled "Dealer ripped me off"
 Unless you work in a dealership, you have no idea what we encounter!
 For someone to title the thread the way he did, with a story like this is rediculous!
 Just the other day, I sold a bike to a guy that lives 6 hours away.  
 He comes here to get it, with a tiny little trailer that I wouldn't trust to haul a bicycle much less a GSXR750.
 He pulls out tie downs that look like the same material that blue jeans are made of, and proceeds in tying in down.
 Now I stood and held the bike, and fished the straps thru for him and did what I could to help him.
 So, I suppose if the bike comes off and slides down the road, Im suppose to stand behind it because I gave him a hand??
 You can only do so much for people based on what you have to work with!
 This kinda stuff happens on a daily basis, people putting cycles on flat trailers with no real way to tie them down etc...
 You do what you can to help them and hope they get it home!
 I even had a guy tie one down one day, and the strap broke in the parking lot as I helped him because he had cheap-ass straps!
 I wanted to sell him good straps and he wouldn't hear of it, and wanted to know if there any hardware stores open where he could get some like what he had!!!!!
 What more do you have to show someone as to have one break upon usage!! It was brand new out of the package!
 Ohh Im sorry I will give you a new bike because you are too cheap to buy real straps!
 REMEMEBER, THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY, IM TRYIN TO SHOW THE OTHER SIDE!
  And you Pat Dietrich GROW UP! Quit being a dickhead!
 There is no way to sugar coat this to a guy that thinks he is ripped off now.
 Can you think of a nicer way to say what I said?? Please tell me.

I should title a thread, "Dealer gets ripped off by customer"
 We get ripped off quite often!
 1. trade in has all kinds of hidden damage that they so conveniently hid so you don't see it!
 2. When you do a repair on something, they take it home and beat the ever living hell out of it and bring it back when something goes wrong and blame you for it
 3. scratch a fender somehow, and bring it back and say they noticed it when they got home, and expect you to buy them a new one.
 The list goes on and on....
 Im not complaining, but you wouldn't believe me if I told you all of what we have to deal with!
 SO I get slightly pissed when I read stuff like this! Sorry to come off as a dick!
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »
See, that wasn't so hard. You explained your side in a manner that nobody could take wrong. But your first post on here, you're comparing this guy to some retard that goes to Menards and straps his load down HIMSELF(in which case he didn't) and blames menards for his own stupidity. This guy apparently just watched. he had nothing in it(the tie down process). But still should have checked after a few miles regardless. He made a mistake but I can see how he would be pissed at the people who loaded it.You just gave it to him a little on the hard side i think. Don't need to categorize him till he reaches 50 posts!  

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »
Yeah I shouldn't have said that, that was dumb on my part, I was just pissed when I read his post!

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2003, 02:38:00 PM »

Offline forestgump

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »
When I bought my Busa this fall I had to trailer it as well home due to injuries from last bike that were still healing but my dealer went out  of the way and helped me load it and tie it up and even suggested using these wicked handlebar holders that  which worked beautiful and even after all that I still pissed around for about an hr after they went inside to make sure everything was tight no rubbing etc because I would have put a bullet in my head if that bike tipped over on my ride home.
But I can see why you  are mad also as you just dropped a load of cash and maybe they could have given you a break on the fender, discount or something.

Offline NiteRunner

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »
Holy shit     Good to see that we can calm down and try to help each other out.    And at least sell him some quality tie downs. We don't know if this was half assed or an accident. If I was the dealer I could'nt help but sell the guy a new fender at my cost. But I'd probably never make any money.
BTW, don't know about truckers, but pilots aren't responsible, load supervisors are.
Whoa, this thing has brakes too!?
01 Blue/Silver
08 DL650

Offline Headshot

• Post Master
    • http://n/a
dealer screwed me
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2003, 06:18:00 PM »
This is going to be while,

I'll have two large pop-corns and a big glup coke to wash it down.  
"Two to the body one to the head"

Offline broham brown

• New User!
    • http://www.juno.com
dealer screwed me
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2003, 07:00:00 PM »
what are the best tie downs for bikes?

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »
Not sure the best, but i have some pretty nice ones from meijers. The black ones with ratchet type buckle(or what ever you want to call it). Also get soft ties that go around the handle bar grips.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
dealer screwed me
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2003, 07:39:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Dietrich:
Also GND111- you have no right to tell someone they won't get help on here! You ain't jack here! He's got questions we've got answers. hell your so new here you have no clue how to use the search to locate 2-300 posts about exhaust.You still ask newbie questions  
I never claimed to be Jack.  I am gnd111 - a dick.  Problem for you?  I have my opinions just like veryone else...With that being said -- please get off my sack...getting sweaty down there.  As far as the exhaust question -- i asked because i wanted actual TUNERS (unlike you) to give me once and for all facts on what they have seen.  And the TUNERS posted up!  Go away now Patrick....

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2003, 07:50:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by gnd111:
quote:
Also GND111- you have no right to tell someone they won't get help on here! You ain't jack here! He's got questions we've got answers. hell your so new here you have no clue how to use the search to locate 2-300 posts about exhaust.You still ask newbie questions      
I never claimed to be Jack.  I am gnd111 - a dick.  Problem for you?  I have my opinions just like veryone else...With that being said -- please get off my sack...getting sweaty down there.  As far as the exhaust question -- i asked because i wanted actual TUNERS (unlike you) to give me once and for all facts on what they have seen.  And the TUNERS posted up!  Go away now Patrick....

Please NO! Anything but Patrick, Anything!     Think maybe I'll stick around a little longer, got a problem with that Dick lips?  

Offline srmbusa

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »
Falcon ,tell me where your dealership is, so I can make sure to never go there. Strange thing is, I actually agree that the guy is sol,as the dealer really doesn't assume responsbility for helping place the bike in the trailer. I would just expect a dealer that just sold this bike for 10 grand or better to make some gesture(and I don't mean the finger)to help out his paying customer

Offline Scotty

• Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2003, 08:18:00 PM »
quote:
what are the best tie downs for bikes?  
Bungees or zip ties.

Seriously though, ratchet straps are the easiest to use-use em with a canyon dancer. Make sure the straps dont touch bodywork or it will rub the paint off.  If they come close put masking tape on the plastic panels to protect them.    

Offline broham brown

• New User!
    • http://www.juno.com
dealer screwed me
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »
ok thanks  

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »
quote:

quote:

quote:

Please NO! Anything but Patrick, Anything!         Think maybe I'll stick around a little longer, got a problem with that Dick lips?      

You are correct about the post count.  Guess i have more to do with my life beside live in the computer world.  Your member # is only 40 more than me.  Chill little man.....

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
dealer screwed me
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »
quote:
Falcon ,tell me where your dealership is, so I can make sure to never go there. Strange thing is, I actually agree that the guy is sol,as the dealer really doesn't assume responsbility for helping place the bike in the trailer. I would just expect a dealer that just sold this bike for 10 grand or better to make some gesture(and I don't mean the finger)to help out his paying customer  
First off I never said I wouldn't help out a customer that had something like this happen!
 I was defending the fact that he thinks he is screwed by his dealer, when all his dealer did was go out of his way to help tie his bike down!
 If you think we make a huge profit, in any way shape or form, selling a Busa for $10,000, you are in La La land!
 We currantly are paying over $2500. a month in interest charges on unsold leftover 03' models that didn't sell. That equates to 2.5 Busas sold a month to cover interest charges alone!
 Expenses and interest charges kill dealers, along with bikes traded in that have major problems, that the customer somehow just overlooked telling us about!
 If you wanna know what I would do in that case, I would offer him a fender at wholesale, or a discount on accessorie etc...
 I do this anyway if you buy a bike from me!!!!!!
 We give away hats t-shirts oil changes, and free tech support on maintenence, including valve settings, and carb cleaning etc...
 If you  SRMBUSA, think Im a dick, PLEASE PLEASE PROMISE ME YOU WILL NEVER EVER COME HERE!!
 I would rather deal with nice people, that are realistic, and understand we need to make a profit to survive!

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
Also GND111- you have no right to tell someone they won't get help on here! You ain't jack here! He's got questions we've got answers. hell your so new here you have no clue how to use the search to locate 2-300 posts about exhaust.You still ask newbie questions        Later little man!  

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2003, 10:44:00 AM »
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Also GND111- you have no right to tell someone they won't get help on here! You ain't jack here! He's got questions we've got answers. hell your so new here you have no clue how to use the search to locate 2-300 posts about exhaust.You still ask newbie questions           Later little man!  
You think i give a fuck how much you bench?  That don't mean shit on the street.  Remember that tough guy...

suzuki4life

dealer screwed me
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2003, 01:10:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Falcon-A:

quote:
First off I never said I wouldn't help out a customer that had something like this happen!
 I was defending the fact that he thinks he is screwed by his dealer, when all his dealer did was go out of his way to help tie his bike down!
 If you think we make a huge profit, in any way shape or form, selling a Busa for $10,000, you are in La La land!
 We currantly are paying over $2500. a month in interest charges on unsold leftover 03' models that didn't sell. That equates to 2.5 Busas sold a month to cover interest charges alone!
 Expenses and interest charges kill dealers, along with bikes traded in that have major problems, that the customer somehow just overlooked telling us about!
 If you wanna know what I would do in that case, I would offer him a fender at wholesale, or a discount on accessorie etc...
 I do this anyway if you buy a bike from me!!!!!!
 We give away hats t-shirts oil changes, and free tech support on maintenence, including valve settings, and carb cleaning etc...
 If you  SRMBUSA, think Im a dick, PLEASE PLEASE PROMISE ME YOU WILL NEVER EVER COME HERE!!
 I would rather deal with nice people, that are realistic, and understand we need to make a profit to survive!

If you dealer secured the bike in the truck then how it is any different than if it fell over while the dealer delivered the bike? Wouldn't the dealer fix it then? I believe that is this guy's point. Problem is proving there was no tampering with the tie downs etc. I'd basically ask them to fix it and explain my point. Be calm. No one is gonna die from their reply. If they won't fix it you got a learning lesson. If they do then you are ahead of the game.

As for dealers being burdened by costs, tell them boo hoo. Easy why to avoid having those costs, don't have them. 50 years ago dealers were here. The banks didn't have the huge credit lines availble they do now. Dealers were still in business. How? They had money. Society now is based on debt to income ratio. When you base businesses that way they tend to fall. EVERY industry experiences slow times. Manufactures in the last 10 years got on the ball to help fund dealers (at a profit of course) so their product would be on the streets. Every company has overhead. That still doesn't make a vendor not responsible for this product.

suzuki4life

dealer screwed me
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »
My buddy bought a VTX with Cobra pipes on it from the dealer. The pipes were installed on the bike new and as it sat on the showroom floor. Cobra pipes on VTX's had soem major headaches associated. They caused an extreme lean condition and backfiring etc.

I went to the dealer with my buddy and explained nicely that the only way to fix the lean conditon was mapping the bike and the only way to do that was with a power commander. they agreed to the power commander and they they found out they shop wanted $300 to map the bike. They flipped. I asked them to map it and they said they couldn't and they had spent enough. He rode it a with a base map in the power commander. ONE MONTH LATER it blew the headgasket. Honda wanted no parts of the deal since aftermarket pipes were on the bike. I called the dealer and explained it would be fixed by them completely or he'd sue. He's also sue for emotional distress being inflicted on himself for lost of his hobby while his bike was down. Plus court costs etc. Dealer caved.

So $9999 for a new VTX + $400 for the pipes installed.

free
power commander.
new head gaskets.
custom mapping.

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
dealer screwed me
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »
quote:
  QUOTE]You think i give a fuck how much you bench?  That don't mean shit on the street.  Remember that tough guy...[/QB]

You've got to be kidding me! Your gonna call me out on a computer? Oh god, one of those.    
When do you want to meet up?    What a freakin' dildo! Later son, not wasting anymore time playing tough guy on a computer with you. I'm sure your a real tough guy    
Man people like you crack me up!

Please don't beat me up if you see me on the street      

suzuki4life

dealer screwed me
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »
You're both gay, so get a room!          

Offline angelo

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »
Its gettin hot in here     There so many factors that could be looked at, as for who is to blame. I think it could have been alot worst! Chaulk it up as a learning exp. I dont dig the wood thing. Get yourself a wheel chock, some straps, and one of those straps that go over the triple tree, and ride out. Also make periodic checks because after a few bumps and turns your baby may be a little loose.
John Blaze,AKA,SpeedRacer,AKA,RacerX-Pimp!

Offline kb97

• Rider
dealer screwed me
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »
lets not forget that theres 3 sides to every story his the dealers and the truth. i would love to hear the dealers side. this guy is obviously gonna make it sound like the dealer did the tie down procedure and tell him "your good to go all the way home". smells like b.s. to me i feel bad for falcon for having to deal with morons like this all the time. people are to willing to believe this guys story without even hearing the other side. when was the last time you posted a thread that made yourself look like the responsible party in a bad situation?

Offline skid vicious

• Mad Post Whore
dealer screwed me
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »
quote:
quote:
  QUOTE]You think i give a fuck how much you bench?  That don't mean shit on the street.  Remember that tough guy...

You've got to be kidding me! Your gonna call me out on a computer? Oh god, one of those.    
When do you want to meet up?  What a freakin' dildo! Later son, not wasting anymore time playing tough guy on a computer with you. I'm sure your a real tough guy    
Man people like you crack me up!

Please don't beat me up if you see me on the street