Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: iS THE STARTER PROBLEM GONNA BE FIXED ON THE 2003 MODELS??  (Read 7211 times)

Offline TASSY5

• Rider
iS THE STARTER PROBLEM GONNA BE FIXED ON THE 2003 MODELS??
« on: November 20, 2002, 04:03:00 PM »
I WOULD EXPECT NOTHING LESS THEN A STRONGER STARTER LESS  CAPE    ABLE OF BREAKING.
FACE YOUR FEARS, AND LIVE YOUR DREAMS.      It's better to have it and not need it... than to need it and not have it!!!

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 06:18:00 PM »
Anti kickback mechanism.
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline busasteven

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 06:21:00 PM »
whats wrong with the current starters?

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
-Dalai Lama

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Chang:

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 07:02:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Chang:

Some of the guys were getting kickbacks when trying to start their busas and blowing out the starter clutch or eating the teeth up. I think there was a fix about shortening the mounts to where the teeth engage more preventing the stripped teeth. I haven't had that problem yet. (knock on wood!)      

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2002, 07:03:00 PM »
Heyabusa ya' big bully!      

Offline Roberto

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2002, 08:07:00 PM »
Slot the starter bolt holes and 24v the starter.

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2002, 10:57:00 AM »
A factory upgrade is in the works. In the meantime, here is the best fix;
http://www.hayabusazone.com/starter.html

Jay

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002, 11:51:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gottabusa:
Heyabusa ya' big bully!        

How am I a big bully?  

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2002, 05:46:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Heyabuza:
quote:
Heyabusa ya' big bully!                

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2002, 05:50:00 PM »
Nope, not so much. I've never had a problem with mine?

So does being a little bully mean I only bully people a little bit, or that I only bully little people?      

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2002, 06:13:00 PM »
quote:
Nope, not so much. I've never had a problem with mine?

So does being a little bully mean I only bully people a little bit, or that I only bully little people?          

You can't hide from me Heyabuza! I saw you the other night in the bar doing the whole "midget bowling" fiasco! You should be ashamed of yourself!        
And for all the midget busa riders out there... I appoligise if I offended you about the inhumane sport of midget bowling! I like little people! WeeMan on Jackass was the shit! The way he could kick himself in the head was awsome!      

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2002, 06:59:00 PM »
you gotta be carefull when puting the starter gear cover back on and make sure its on all the way.On the starter, If you slot the holes all the way to the end, and take a die grinder with a 1/8 inch cut off wheel and trim the raised area around the output shaft, not the o-ring area the next step up , its about 1/8 inch tall, cut it smooth to the case end and flush up to the drive -o-ring , then the starter will go all the way in to the reduction gear and the kick back is'nt as damaging.
MY MOMMA TOLD ME I WAS SLOW!!! What did she mean ?

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2002, 07:00:00 PM »
oh, and if you'v got a starter with just the end teeth messed up, the mod will move it in enough so you can still use that starter.
MY MOMMA TOLD ME I WAS SLOW!!! What did she mean ?

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2002, 07:18:00 PM »
quote:
You can't hide from me Heyabuza! I saw you the other night in the bar doing the whole "midget bowling" fiasco! You should be ashamed of yourself!          
And for all the midget busa riders out there... I appoligise if I offended you about the inhumane sport of midget bowling! I like little people! WeeMan on Jackass was the shit! The way he could kick himself in the head was awsome!        

Hey now, that guy wanted me to bowl him. Hell, he practically begged me to do it. I tried saying no, that I didn't want to hurt him. He said he was Mini-me's stunt double, and he could take it. I didn't believe him, but when it got the point where he just told me to fuck off and if I wouldn't do it, he'd just find someone else who would, I said fine and rolled a big ol strike with that little mofo. And damned if he didn't bounce right back for more! I don't know if he really was Mini-me's stunt double or not, but that midget rolled straight and true every time, and didn't so much as whimper that time when the ball return thing caught him in the nuts. That was one tough little sonafabitch!    

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2002, 08:41:00 PM »
quote:
quote:

Hey now, that guy wanted me to bowl him. Hell, he practically begged me to do it. I tried saying no, that I didn't want to hurt him. He said he was Mini-me's stunt double, and he could take it. I didn't believe him, but when it got the point where he just told me to fuck off and if I wouldn't do it, he'd just find someone else who would, I said fine and rolled a big ol strike with that little mofo. And damned if he didn't bounce right back for more! I don't know if he really was Mini-me's stunt double or not, but that midget rolled straight and true every time, and didn't so much as whimper that time when the ball return thing caught him in the nuts. That was one tough little sonafabitch!    
LMFAO!!!!            Good one!

Offline dennis mount

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2002, 03:25:00 AM »
all the busa needs is a good kick starter mod