Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Warning to fellow bikers!!!  (Read 2510 times)

Offline outofmyway

• Rider
Warning to fellow bikers!!!
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:21:32 PM »
I am posting this as a fair warning for all fellow bikers out there, pass the word so no one else has to go through what I had to. Here is the story.
I ordered an undertail from a website called "exoticsportbike.com" on June 8th. The payment was taken within 24 hoursof order placement. I received an automated e-mail that stated I should receive my product between 5-10 business days.
8 business days into it, I wrote an e-mail to "customer service" to inquire about the order status, the reply was "it hasn't been ten days yet".
12 business days into the order, called their "sales" line, the person on the other end says an e-mail had been sent with my tracking number. A day after the phone call I received this "tracking number". The tracking number turns out to be for someone else.
Called and e-mailed again with a reply of "there was a mix up in the shipping dept", another day goes by, got another "tracking number". Now almost one MONTH after my order was placed and money taken I have nothing but a "tracking number" that shows me the item still isn't even in transport.
This "company" does not have a phone number for customer service, no address information and will charge you 20% for an order cancellation.
I placed my order based on a Pashnit article which I now completely regret and will contact my bank to report a fraudulent charge.
Be warned!! Do not purchase anything from this website "exoticsportbik.com". Let everyone know.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Re: Warning to fellow bikers!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »
Contact the Better Business Bureau also.

http://www.bbb.org/
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline outofmyway

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »
Thanks, I'll do that.

Offline hayazuki

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 11:50:17 PM »
Hope you get it resolved.

From their website....

"Exotic shall not be responsible for any late shipments. All shipping dates given are approximate. Buyer shall not be entitled to charge backs, reductions of price, or other offsets as a result of late shipment or failure to deliver in estimated time of delivery."

I've never dealt with them and it doesn't look like I want to.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 12:05:12 AM »
Thats funny buyers are not eligible for charge backs, who the hell they think they are?? Based on Visa Master card rules a vendor is not allowed to charge your card until a product is ready to ship, the most they can do is place a 30 day hold on the money. Once you start the charge back process you wont have a problem, just make sure you explain they never sent you anything, you will get your money back. Just sucks they want to be dicks about it, great way to earn customers.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Headshot

• Post Master
    • http://n/a
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 05:38:04 AM »
 :shock:
"Two to the body one to the head"

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »
Thanks for the warning!  :thumb:

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »
This "company" does not have a phone number for customer service

evryone has a phone number....its right on their front page? and im sure they are a 2 or 3 man shop, not a company who would have a CS dept.

1-800-917-BIKE

file a claim with your CC and call them and tell them and their 20% to pound salt

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline commops7

• Rider
  • The only easy day was yesterday...
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 09:13:04 PM »
This is why I stay away from the 'fly by night' types like this & the "one man" internet order websites with fancy domain names. This is happening more and more often, including crook central (ebay and un-monitor'd forums) too! It ends up leaving consumers out in the dust! BBB is just about as useless as a midget on a basketball court. I suggest you track 'em down, smack 'em in the head and tarnish their name like you just did here. I appreciate you coming forward man ... hope it helps the next guy.

2013 Yellow Limited (current)
2006 Black Busa (sold)
2004 CBR 1000 RR (sold)
2003 Copper Anniv. Busa (sold)

Offline LaRedd

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »
I've ordered a couple small items from them in the past with no issues.  Hopefully you can get it resolved soon.