Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Harbor Freight Lift  (Read 2159 times)

Offline jjmetheny

• Post Whore
Harbor Freight Lift
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »
It's on sale for $299 plus a 15% off coupon until the 18th.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=91764

2000 blue/silver MCX intercooled full exhaust...sleeper

Offline turbohayabusa

• Post Whore
Re: Harbor Freight Lift
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »
WHERE DID YOU GET THE COUPON ??

Offline Bruce Bohannon

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:27:36 PM »
coupon states 'coupon cannot be used with any other discount or coupons.'  Let us know if you can double the discounts.

Offline jjmetheny

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 06:24:51 AM »
The coupon came in the email they send out when they have sales.

Offline jjmetheny

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:26:44 AM »
coupon states 'coupon cannot be used with any other discount or coupons.'  Let us know if you can double the discounts.

I'm not sure what you are asking? It also says "Savings discount percentage off Harbor Freight Tools current prices, including current sale prices.

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 02:47:57 PM »
is anyone on here using that lift? just wondering how well it works and how stable it is?
2008 Busa

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 03:02:35 PM »
Works awesome except the vice sucks, throw it in the trash and buy a $100 one from Handy.

I park my bike on it every night.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 04:40:24 PM »
yea since 2004- chuck the POS clamp and get the HANDY one like Greg said  :thumb:

"You're Only Limited, By Your Own Mind..." My Home Page 
I built the Motor and the Turbo System. RIP {CDK} 11-11-08 I miss you...

Offline WVBusa

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »
Guys, buy the Harbor Freight cheaper lift, the one pictured in this thread, with the crappy front wheel vise.  I got mine for $240 plus tax on a 20% off coupon about a year ago.  The lift and the bike are plenty stable, although I do use a PitBull rear stand on the bike too; but I have stood on the side of the lift with the bike in the highest lift position and everything was stable.  To fix the vise problem, call the Harbor Freight 800 # for parts and order the vise assembly for their higher priced MC lift.  It will set you back all of about $25, including shipping, plus about $10 at Lowe's for the grade 8 bolts, nuts, and washers to mount it.  You will have to put the bike on the lift and stabilize it with the rear stand, and the original vise removed, then center punch the table for drilling the necessary holes. Allow for a range of front tire sizes when you figure out where to mount the new vise.  The new vise looks like a Chinese knock-off of the Handy vise that is pictured in this thread.  When you order the vise, you have a decision to make.  You can get a "used" vise assembly within a few weeks; but if you do like me and order a new one, figure at least three months, mine took about six months to arrive (probably because they had to order it from China).  If I remember to do so, I'll measure my newly installed vise this weekend ( its located elsewhere) to get the lift table measurements for the vise mounting and I'll post them up here.