Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: changing my lowering links?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Endless1000

• Rider
changing my lowering links?
« on: March 08, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »
Hey I was wondering if I could change my lowering links to the lowest hole by myself?Last time I had a friend help me by leaning the bike over on its kickstand.....But Ive got a rear bike stand now so I think I might be able to do it by myself????
97'Civic DD 38mpg!!!
04'Gixxer1000 Long Low N Loud

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
Re: changing my lowering links?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »
I do it by myself all the time...I put the bike on both stands front and back..then I put a jack under the bike..usually with a piece of wood under the oil pan or just behind the motor on the frame...lift it a little to take the weight off the rear wheel..it will slightly lift off the rear stand ..change your links.....
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline Endless1000

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:57:50 AM »
I only have a rear stand thou=( Ive got a jack thou...
97'Civic DD 38mpg!!!
04'Gixxer1000 Long Low N Loud

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 10:05:37 AM »
the front stand holds the bike stable when the rear wheel is off the stand..if someone holds the bike stable for you..you could put the jack under the bike and lift it a little to get the pressure off the rear wheel..then you can change your links..
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods