Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Dave Owen just went down. RIP my friend, you will be missed.  (Read 219013 times)

Offline hondadog

• Rider
Re: Dave Owen just went down. RIP my friend, you will be missed.
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39:10 AM »
I still cannot beleive such a great human being is gone. Dave and I met years ago at Atco and have been friends every since. I always was able to get him to sit down and have a drink with my brother and I after the race days events and chat about all sorts of things. We would talk about family and life all the time. On my way to Atco a few weeks ago he called and asked "Where are you? I know you are here somewhere". I replied that I was on the way and to meet me at the bar. That guy really liked that Captain Morgans! I got there and said let's talk about life Dave. So we did. He started off about his boys and some pleasure plans with them and then a few bussiness endeavors he had planned. We always would see one another at various tracks and would make eye contact, smile, and shake hands as soon as we were close enough to do so. He made it his duty to keep everyone around him motivated and focused. He was never confined in his thinking and was going to do the best at whatever it was he was involved in. Those who truly knew Dave know this. He was not a BS'er and did not like BS. He looked people straight in the eye and said what he wholeheartedly felt. Dave came up behind me in Richmond one day me and said "Dude you really know your stuff". I was in awe of this because I was always thinking the same of him. But I smartly replied, You da man, Dude! I could go on and on about my friend. I send my deepest condolences to his family and may God be with you. To my friend Dave, we will cherish your memory and build from the legacy you have left us with. Godspeed Mr Maxton!!!

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
Fuck! What a tragedy and loss... :(

You will be missed DaveO by everyone that knew you and knew of you...

Where can donamtions and cards be sent to?

Cloud

Offline MET

• Post Master
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »
Goodbye my friend.  I will see you when my time is up and we can race and talk some more.

Offline 112jtp

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • YOU MUST BELIEVE TO ACHIEVE
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
I own a small shop in miami and had the honor of meeting dave  ,we had dinner after maxton last year with some friends . i sat next to him and we started talking . DAVE O  gave me great inspiration, he was an encyclopedia of knowledge, im not gay but i wanted to take him home with me. he always did what he could to help . im sure he had his secrets but what great racer/technician dosent...................RIP &THANK yOU     jamtek performance, miami.......                           

Offline Nosgsx1300

• Mad Post Whore
  • RCC GT4088R WHOOOT
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2008, 11:00:29 AM »
Fuck! What a tragedy and loss... :(

You will be missed DaveO by everyone that knew you and knew of you...

Where can donamtions and cards be sent to?

Cloud

I will be posting info about donations to help with funeral services as soon as I find out more info
as I learned two years ago with my mom's services, insurance usually will not pay for it immediatly
I had to pay out of my pocket and got reimbursed 14 months later
RCC GT4088R
2011 Loring 204.88mph "naked"
2015 Loring 220.01743 MPH Faired in fifth gear

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »
I'm in contact with Lauren and will likely be the (or one of the) contact(s) to post information. She is currently working on arrangements so that information will be available soon. I've told a few that I will set up a place for donations which I'll also get done today. My understanding is that life insurance is minimal at best and will likely only be enough to get them through the services. As posted above they likely won't have that money immediately.

More to come and thank you to you all.
Debbie

Offline rotts4u

• Post Whore
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »
Dragbike.com has already established a memorial auction to be held at the final AMA dragrace and is accepting donations for Dave's family. Surely some of us can help to. Here is a link if you want to get involved in that way.

Dave helped all of us now it is our turn to help his family.

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=4383&z=13

Offline Nosgsx1300

• Mad Post Whore
  • RCC GT4088R WHOOOT
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »
As soon as Rick Stetson gets me the info I will post where to send any help we can
personally I would rather send what I can directly to the family to help with the expenses, rather then the funeral home

13580 members if everyone sends something we should be able to help the family......I will let everyone know where and when to send what you can, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give something
how many of us have benfited from Daves selflessness, and he asked so little.

I will keep everyone posted

RCC GT4088R
2011 Loring 204.88mph "naked"
2015 Loring 220.01743 MPH Faired in fifth gear

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2008, 01:38:02 PM »
As soon as Rick Stetson gets me the info I will post where to send any help we can
personally I would rather send what I can directly to the family to help with the expenses, rather then the funeral home

13580 members if everyone sends something we should be able to help the family......I will let everyone know where and when to send what you can, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give something

A new locked sticky might be a good idea at that time so we won't need to look for the information in this thread.  I know that mods will assist.  Locking it will keep it succinct with just the information that we all need to contribute.  JMHO
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2008, 02:18:03 PM »
RIP Dave O. My Family's prayers go out to your Family at this time of great suffering and loss.

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »
Hope that we will somehow find a way to communicate back to Josh and Jake Owen (MA) how well Dave was appreciated all over the world. He was not only the worlds fastest rider and a skilled tuner, but also a true ikon of integrity and caring personality. Very few persons touches life of so many with leaving such a positive remark to everything he did - with strong passion.

PetriK and many others, from Finland

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
my deepest heartfelt prayers go out to dave and his family, i never had the chance to meet dave, but he touched so many peoples lives in the motorcycle community, i know he is in a better place now, looking out for the rest of us, r.i.p. dave.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust

Offline Tony B

• Rider
  • 06 GSXR 1000 & 08 Hayabusa
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
Rest In Peace Dave. You will be missed!

Offline Doogie

• Rider
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »

A new locked sticky might be a good idea at that time so we won't need to look for the information in this thread.  I know that mods will assist.  Locking it will keep it succinct with just the information that we all need to contribute.  JMHO

Good call Russ.

Offline bubba_zenetti

• Rider
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2008, 11:50:20 PM »
what a complete shock to be reading this. RIP daveO. we will all miss you :(
"GSX 1300R............when you absolutely, positively need to pass every mutha F%$Ka on the freeway at ludricrous speed!"

Offline gixerhp

• Rider
« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:11 PM »
Funeral Services for DaveO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O'Keefe-Wade Funeral Home
70 Washington Street
Taunton, MA

Calling hours will be Sunday, October 5, 2008 from 4pm – 8pm at the funeral home.
A burial service will be held on Monday October 6, 2008 at the funeral home. Time to be determined and will be posted once known.
Following the service his ashes will be buried at the family plot and then there will be a lunch held at the church hall.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2008, 07:49:51 AM »
God speed DaveO

I'll miss you alot and cherish being able to call you a friend. Thank you for everything you've done. It's been a few days now and I'm still not able to put in words the sorrow I feel over this. My prayers go out to his family. It's very difficult dealing with such a tragic event and hope everyone will help the Owen's family as much if not more than Dave helped all of us.

Ken "Commute_Busa" Klein
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2008, 08:18:56 AM »
Thanks admins (hold on, I need a tissue )

Ok, whew, thanks for the main page. If you haven't seen it go take a look but be sure to have tissues handy.
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/

That was very nice & very sweet.

Geeze I'm having a hard time being at work today. Some how getting back into the routine is making this worse not better.

Debbie

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2008, 09:12:09 AM »
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline brmrc51

• Rider
  • DUMP PIPES SAVE LIVES !
« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2008, 09:36:23 AM »
debbie, thanks for the info (link) who ever put that collage together did an outstanding job. It's printed and on my living room / bike storage wall !!! I bought another busa yesterday as my turbo busa might not be ready for oct. 00 blue/silver 5400 miles ! got to go ride now. bruce mead RIP DAVE O

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2008, 09:45:08 AM »
You can thank Flipper for putting together the collage.  I like it too.   :thumb:
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile