Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How much motorcycling experience did you have before buying the Busa?  (Read 190061 times)

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
i started on an way old VFR750. had an R6....got bored. got an R1 and a GSXR 1000 for a while. sold those... just bought my busa yesterday. I've only laid down the R6...but it was light damage and all my fault at my own inexperience. That was back in 03....nothing since then. Be safe everyone!!

Hey yeah, welcome aboard! Show some pics will ya!?  :tu:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Chris,
            "Howz about U an me go inside and have a beer and I'll talk about beating the livin' Christmas outta ya?"' 

Uncle Davey

P.S. If I warm up my bikee, will you change the oil for me?   :tu:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Chris,
            "Howz about U an me go inside and have a beer and I'll talk about beating the livin' Christmas outta ya?"'  

Uncle Davey

P.S. If I warm up my bikee, will you change the oil for me?   :tu:

I would change your oil alllll day long. Love working on the Busa. Btw,, it would take a long time to beat the Christmas out of me! My sense of giving is eternal.  :mrgreen: I WILL take you up on the beer though. But none of that east coast nancy beer.  :lol:
-Chris

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
I'm into Fat Tire right now..........Fort Collins Colorado is their brewry.  :tu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Chris,
           I know you are gonna think I have lost what little is left of my functioning brain cells, but ever since I changed the Suzuki oil out and put the Amsoil in my bike, the bike idles at least 100 RPMs higher.  It is not noisy/no engine sounds and actually feels a tad more responsive in the midrange.  160 today was virtually effortless.  Engine braking is nothing less than outstanding. It truly does "shift like butter" both up and down.  If is had boobs and a lower section of female anatomy, I would deevorce Lynda and marry this stupid motorcycle.  :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:
Seriously, it is quicker.

Dave :chrs1: :moped: :USA:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:38:16 PM by DaveH1948 »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Maybe you could get her to try Amsoil.  :mrgreen:
-Chris

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Huh?  Who is her?

Oh, Lynda, I see now. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:34:06 PM by DaveH1948 »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
  • Who doesn't love a wet pussy... Cat?
    • LinkedIn
Maybe you could get her to try Amsoil.  :mrgreen:
:hys:
2003 Katana 7/12: Daily Rider
2006 Busa: "Thing 3", 1430+cc weekend bike
Suzuki GSXR 750 (multiple years): Track bike
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline roadkill_tx

• New User!
Started riding at 12, turn 52 next month so 40 years.  Here is my list. just remember I'm getting old so I may have left one out.
Honda Mini Trail 70
Honda CB 100
Honda XL 175
Honda 750 SS
Honda 900C
Honda 750C
Suzuki Bandit 600
Yamaha FZ1
Suzuki M109
2010 Busa

I traded in the 109. Riding out of the parking lot I just felt like I was going to loop the Busa. Great bike but don't on accident  hit the throttle. That will scare the snot out of you.
I remember a magazine tester's quote when the bike was originally released  "Taking the entrance ramp to the freeway, I cracked open the throttle....70, 80, 90 miles an hour. I did what any sane motorcyclist would do, I changed to second". Wanted one ever since.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
1968 BSA Hornet
1970 Triumph Bonneyville
1973 Harley Superglide
1974 Norton 850 Commando
1979 Harley Low Rider
1985 Complete Custom Harley Featured on the Cover of Hot Bike Magazine.
1994 Yamaha 250 Dirter
1994 Yamaha 150 Dirter (for Dylan)
1997 Kawasaki GPZ 1100
1998 ZX9R (Dymag Carbon wheels and Penske rear shock and resprung front end w/ Muzzy full exhaust)
2001 Hayabusa-turbocharged w/Ultra Kit w/4"in swingarm and raked front end.
2004 Honda 450 Dirter............a Monster!
2009 Hayabusa. - Stock.

Between the years of 2006 and 2009 I sold off all my bikes and took care of my mom. She died last year at the age of 89.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:13:19 PM by DaveH1948 »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline rider44

• Rider
My first bike was a dirt bike when I was 12. Later, around 28 I bought a Ninja 500, then I owned 4 or five Harleys, bought a 2009 Busa, went back to Harleys, and then this year at age 44 went back to a 2011 Busa. I love it! Try to ride everyday. I used to drag race cars and now Im thinkin of drag racing my Busa. I am at the point now where I think I need more power out of it. Getting ready to invest in a Turbo or Nitrous. I am a Nitrous Nut, always have been...LOL :lol:
HARD TO GROW UP  !!

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
rider 44,
              Nitrous melts a lotta parts.  Put a good, streetable, quick-spooling turbo on it with a good-controller...............you will fly!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Chris,
           I know you are gonna think I have lost what little is left of my functioning brain cells, but ever since I changed the Suzuki oil out and put the Amsoil in my bike, the bike idles at least 100 RPMs higher.  It is not noisy/no engine sounds and actually feels a tad more responsive in the midrange.  160 today was virtually effortless.  Engine braking is nothing less than outstanding. It truly does "shift like butter" both up and down.  If is had boobs and a lower section of female anatomy, I would deevorce Lynda and marry this stupid motorcycle.  :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:
Seriously, it is quicker.

Dave :chrs1: :moped: :USA:

You can do that, it was on another post, bodywork of the bike was made to look like a women laid back, with the rider sitting between her legs :hys: :hys: :hys:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
I'm too old for such shenannigans...........but ya might just talk me into a nice, little, turbo with an intercooler.  :thumb: :wink:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline efox575

• New User!
Re: How much motorcycling experience did you have before buying the Busa?
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2011, 01:59:53 AM »
Let me speak from a newbie stand point and give my 2 cents I havent had a bike in 8 yrs and my biggest bike then was a 1995 kawasaki ZX6r I rode it like i had a death wish, fast forward 8 yrs later I by an 05 Hayabusa, now I am 40 yrs old and have a family that I want to see everyday but also have a very bad need for speed but in the 3 weeks ive owned my busa I have learned one very very very huge lesson...........RESPECT in case you missed that part let me say it again RESPECT, I have read alot threads about what experience is needed but if your one of the fortunate ones as i was you learn real quick that the busa demands a different level of respect, however coming from an 8 year hiatus and coming from a ZX6R, the biggest obstacle is getting use to the clutch. Beyond that the respect thing is always in my head.
2005 Busa 6" stretch pwr commander, exhaust and a bit of chrome

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »
That is a very wise statement.  IMO.  :thumb: :tu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:53 AM »
Let me speak from a newbie stand point and give my 2 cents I havent had a bike in 8 yrs and my biggest bike then was a 1995 kawasaki ZX6r I rode it like i had a death wish, fast forward 8 yrs later I by an 05 Hayabusa, now I am 40 yrs old and have a family that I want to see everyday but also have a very bad need for speed but in the 3 weeks ive owned my busa I have learned one very very very huge lesson...........RESPECT in case you missed that part let me say it again RESPECT, I have read alot threads about what experience is needed but if your one of the fortunate ones as i was you learn real quick that the busa demands a different level of respect, however coming from an 8 year hiatus and coming from a ZX6R, the biggest obstacle is getting use to the clutch. Beyond that the respect thing is always in my head.

I agree with my buddy Dave. Although, watch one thing even though you may have "respect" down all day long,, complacency will get the best of any of the most respectful rider. Just when you think your are "so good" you just seem to be getting better and better,, then you relax just a bit,,, and because of that,,, then BOOM! You are thrown into a different reality!  :?
-Chris

Offline Chuck A

• Rider
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2011, 12:07:24 AM »
I never owned a busa yet, i have owned a gsxr-750 over 20 years ago, right now i own a kawasaki vulcan 1500, which i like, but am ready to purchase a busa, i have over 22 years of driving a bike, from mopeds, dirt bikes, to sort of street bikes to cruisers.

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
  • Who doesn't love a wet pussy... Cat?
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2011, 08:15:57 PM »
I never owned a busa yet, i have owned a gsxr-750 over 20 years ago, right now i own a kawasaki vulcan 1500, which i like, but am ready to purchase a busa, i have over 22 years of driving a bike, from mopeds, dirt bikes, to sort of street bikes to cruisers.
Welcome to the boards! Hope you find the Busa of your dreams :thumb:
2003 Katana 7/12: Daily Rider
2006 Busa: "Thing 3", 1430+cc weekend bike
Suzuki GSXR 750 (multiple years): Track bike
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »

:tu:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline caddylt1

• Post Whore
  • "Its not the tires screaming, its the tarmac"
    • GarageSpec Magazine
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »
busas feel about the same as your 20 year old 750  8)
Gen I Turbo/Intercooled
RCC Turbo/MCXpress Intercooler
Fab and Tuned by Williford Racing
Head by Port Tech
Hays T3 Convertible
64 inch wheelbase
8 Second "kinda" Streekbike

Offline Chuck A

• Rider
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »

:tu:
Thanks

Offline mitch

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »
        1966 250cc suzuki hustler 6 speed                 1983 1425 car tire suzuki
                                                                      1998 sporster
                                                                        1999 busa
        1968 triumph bonneville                                 2003 busa
       1969 kaw 500 h1 tripple                                  2004 busa
       1972 kaw 750 h2 tipple                            currently 2004 rcc stage 2 turbo
   1973-78 900-1000 kaw
     1979 honda cbx 6 cyl.
      1425 car tire nitrous
      1984 fj1100 yamaha
      1985  vmax
      1984gs1150 es
      1972 750 norton commando

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2011, 04:55:07 AM »
This is the only motorcycle i have ever owned. Well i took the MSF in Jan of 2006 on a sat and sun and bought the bike (a brand 2006 black/grey Busa) on monday . Still have it 3 years,15000 miles and zero crashes later.

Zero crashes?
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
The details of my riding are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving Suzuki dealership owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old umbrella girl named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the Hayabusa. Sometimes he would accuse corner workers of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers at Willow Springs, track days. In the spring we'd clean our helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with two-stroke reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of forty I received my expert road racing license. At the age of forty-four, I watched a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shave a fur-covered Gixxer. There really is nothing like a shorn motorcycle... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:11:50 AM by Kirk »
-Kirk