Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How much motorcycling experience did you have before buying the Busa?  (Read 190013 times)

Offline Egbert yuk fooie

• Rider
  • Enjoy The Sunshine... Its shining somewhere.
17 H/Ds and a Busa. Best damn bike Ive ever ridden. Briggs and Stratten at 6. The neighbors.  Down hill from there. Till the Busa. The do every thing but dirt - bike. To answer the origional question- 44 yrs.    Egbert Yuk Fooie  -- see me--
Didi Mao

Offline dkirk

• Rider
roughly 22 yrs, been riding on two wheels since five, and I'm twenty-seven now.
Everyone has bad days.....
but some people are just that way all the time......

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
O experience on Hayabusa, rode Harley's for twenty years . Raced ironhead sportsterts for ten years running 6.5's in the 1/8 crossovered to big Twins 1991 FXR the hotrod of Harleys. Spent 5,000.00 building motor, chassis and clutch setup. best time out .067 protree lite 12.00ET.at the 1/4, I was pissed, mysteriously Harley fell off trailer in transport, insurance paid me 9000.00 bought a 2004 Hayabusa, ran 11.00 right of trailer had not ridden a sportbike in over 25 yreas. I was hooked I am now knocking on door of 9.00secs and have nitrous ready to rock as soon as i get my  ass time under the Busa. A true defection story from Harley to Suzuki.LOL :hys: :thumb:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
O experience on Hayabusa, rode Harley's for twenty years . Raced ironhead sportsterts for ten years running 6.5's in the 1/8 crossovered to big Twins 1991 FXR the hotrod of Harleys. Spent 5,000.00 building motor, chassis and clutch setup. best time out .067 protree lite 12.00ET.at the 1/4, I was pissed, mysteriously Harley fell off trailer in transport, insurance paid me 9000.00 bought a 2004 Hayabusa, ran 11.00 right of trailer had not ridden a sportbike in over 25 yreas. I was hooked I am now knocking on door of 9.00secs and have nitrous ready to rock as soon as i get my  ass time under the Busa. A true defection story from Harley to Suzuki.LOL :hys: :thumb:
As all of us who have raced for any number of years have said, if you could have seen ahead, with just part of the money that went into the Harley's you could have ben running 6s on the Busa :thumb:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
Oh thanks now I feel better! Harleys always had the mystic on the cool bike image, that us old skoolers fel in love with. I m just a old speed freak that gets soilid wood from 9-8 sec passes on my Busa. I am truley a late bloomer to the sport bike areana and the speeds they are capabale of? Do youl live out west because I startibg to feel a challange (grudge) to help keep your smack to a minium. :bah:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Oh thanks now I feel better! Harleys always had the mystic on the cool bike image, that us old skoolers fel in love with. I m just a old speed freak that gets soilid wood from 9-8 sec passes on my Busa. I am truley a late bloomer to the sport bike areana and the speeds they are capabale of? Do youl live out west because I startibg to feel a challange (grudge) to help keep your smack to a minium. :bah:
You may have misunderstood me there is no smack intended, I ride a Harley also, along with the Busa had to have something fast since getting out of the drag car, and I am pretty sure the Busa will never see a dragstrip, just street riding and maybe short trips, what I meant was I wish I had did things differant with the Dragster instead of pissing away a ton of money with the combination I had, the only satisfaction I really got out of it was beating up on the Hemi's with a small block chevy, in retrospect I should have had a hemi long ago would have ben cheaper, I geuss that was the old school in me, and I have 10+ years on you, also I'm in TN so a grudge would be tough to do, but if you were here we could go hit the Dragon :thumb:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline FloydV

• Post Whore
15k in three years? I think you need to ride more...  :D

No he doesn't.  Riding is for fun.  It's not how far you ride, but how hard you ride (IMHO).
The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion.

Albert Einstein, 1921

Offline q31

• Rider
  • Where am I?
about 2 hours total. Bought a busa, 43 days later I was in a coma.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
about 2 hours total. Bought a busa, 43 days later I was in a coma.
With conviction - this would be an interesting story to hear. Sorry about the tragedy. Happy about your re-entrance to this world!  :thumb:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline SLAMD

• Rider
  • She's not much...but she's mine.
 :D
\\\"My life is the journey of the gift of my soul to the ones that I love.\\\"

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
I had about 4 months experience on a ZX7R, sold it in 98 and picked up the busa in 2002...

Offline jimmygsxr

• Mad Post Whore
05 blue/silver gen3 pc3r air shifter nos lowered 4" over arm RPM lock up

Offline rican busa

• Rider
  • Where am I?
I rode a 1996 Kawasaki ZX-7R from 2003 April to March 2006 then i bought my 2006 Red/Black Busa.

Offline truekingbusa

• Rider
I rode a couple of my friends' 125cc bike back home when I was in junior high and when I get tot eh US I bought my first 600cc CBR RR and rode it for about a year and sold it to get a bigger bike...and it's a 08 busa :)

Offline gjitsu

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
qa-50 honda
kawasaki -90
kx-250
rm-465
cr-500
yz-490
kz-1000
vmax
and we arrive at the turbo busa---those 2 stroke 500's are some real rototillers
"100% of the shots you dont take dont go in the net"
     wayne Gretzky

Offline GenII Busa

• Rider
30 years experience ... 22 years of that on the street.

Offline Phoenix

• Apprentice Post Whore
20 years exp before i got da busa...last ride was a 99 CBR Blackbird that i done 100,000k's on in 3 years.
Got my Busa 2 weeks ago...2000k's and the smile just keeps getting bigger :D

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
My first "real" bike (one without a pull start. lol) was a TM125 Suzuki dirt bike. Man, I loved that bike. Many bikes came and went over the years, but my most memorable were a Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GS450L, Honda V30 Magna, Kawasaki ZX-11 (2nd favorite bike ever). I got the 2007 'Busa last year used with only 93 miles on it. It's a spectacular bike and easily my favorite.
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club

Offline 1FASTMF

• Rider
  • Where am I?
30 years of trail riding and no street before the Busa.  I thought that riding hills that one could not even stand on would make me far more capable then just street riders.  I WAS WRONG.

I have managed to keep my head right while riding and have never gone down, watched it fall of the kick stand once :( but never wrecked in near 3 years on the street.
2003 40th Anniversary Hayabusa
YZ 250
Ford Explorer - More Off-Road Fun!  yes it really goes off-road
Bonneville - couple of'em
Buick Grand National - Solid 11 second daily driver

Offline blkout08

• Rider
  • first busa
2004 hd duece , 2002 cbr 954rr , 2004 hd vrod , 2007 hd streetglide and then 2008 hayabusa.So for me it was 5 years.

Offline Blue

• Rider
'75 to present.  TS185, RD350, DT360, GPZ550, KZ750, GS1100E, CB900F, ZRX1200, and 'busa.

Offline Widowmaker1300

• Rider
First mini bike in 1971...to a trail Honda 90 in 1977, to a Honda Nighthawk 450 in 82, Gs750EF in 84, Shadow 1100 in 85.
A couple Cr125 and a CR250-1987-1991
On and off friends bike now and then up to 2005 then bought the Busa
So i guess it would equal to date 34 years before buying the Busa... Still surprizes me whenever i ride it ..although rarely

Offline XxxBERRYxxX

• New User!
I believe I had 19 years of riding under my belt before I bought a Busa. I think I was ready...   :wink:

Offline dmallord

• New User!
1974 kawasaki h1 500>1979 yamaha rd 400>1981 yamaha seca 550>1982 yamaha seca 650 turbo>1983 gpz 550>1980 yamaha xs850>1976 kawasaki h1 500>1987 gsxr 1100>2004 busa!