Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How much motorcycling experience did you have before buying the Busa?  (Read 190060 times)

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
Re: How much motorcycling experience did you have before buying the Busa?
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »
29 years of riding before buying a Busa.  That was 5 years ago. 
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline BUGSLAYER

• Rider
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »
30 years.  Current bikes include a KTM Super Duke and a Yamaha FZ1 in addition to a Gen-1 Busa.

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2010, 08:56:07 AM »
was riding aprox. 23 yrs before getting the Busa, for a total of aprox. 33 yrs on two wheels.
"You're Only Limited, By Your Own Mind..." My Home Page 
I built the Motor and the Turbo System. RIP {CDK} 11-11-08 I miss you...

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2010, 02:22:15 PM »
Bunch of old fuggers.  :lol:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2010, 02:32:14 PM »

Whos profile says 102 years old?  :lol: :lol:
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2010, 03:12:31 PM »

Whos profile says 102 years old?  :lol: :lol:
Thanks for lookin'!  :smokin:
-Chris

Offline 08_Busa

• New User!
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
I bought my Gen II Orange Busa as a first bike brand new in April of 2008.  It's a lot of bike, but I bought it mainly due to my size...it was a perfect fit  I'm 6'2" 290.  It's by no means the best starter bike, but it could work for someone with extreme self control and a level head.  For the young or aggressive starter, I would definitely go with a smaller bike.

Offline BSMotorSports

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »
I had no experience with motorcycles when I bought my bike. I grew up dragracing cars with my dad but I always loved motorcycles so last feb I bought one and started drag racing it. I haven't looked back since with over 150 passes and coming on 10000 rode miles I love it.

Offline Jim Speidell

• Rider
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2010, 09:03:21 PM »
I went from a 1972 Honda CL175 to a 2000 Busa.  I have not seen much of a difference, my Honda got little better gas mileage.  The chicks prefer my Honda :hys:

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
  • Who doesn't love a wet pussy... Cat?
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »
I started with a Motobecane moped back in '82 then started a "Power Mechanics" course in that same year that I completed in 1984.  I Borrowed my brother's Kawasaki 440 Gpz and road that around Cincinnati for a few years before I was licensed in 2003.  That same year I bought My first bike, a Suzuki Katana 750 I later made into a 7/12. Since '84 I've test ridden 250s all the way up to ZX-14s to include ATVs, since I fix bikes as a side job.  I've test ridden Busa's before but I bought my first Busa I'm rebuilding in 2006 for $1500, a salvage rebuild.  I haven't ridden this one yet but When I'm done it will be the most heavily modified, largest cc bike I've ever built/ridden.  I can't wait!! :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:53:30 PM by trunkbuster »
2003 Katana 7/12: Daily Rider
2006 Busa: "Thing 3", 1430+cc weekend bike
Suzuki GSXR 750 (multiple years): Track bike
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline busaboi09

• Rider
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »
Only about 6 Yrs of riding........My first bike was a 97' CBR F-4, I'm in the military and was stationed in Greece during Hurricane Katrina and well you might be able to figure out what happened to it(but it was my beginners bike anyways!).  My 2nd bike was an 05' Suzuki SV1000, I sold it to my brother to buy a Hayabusa and he killed himself on it on his 21st Birthday (RIP Justin).
Now I have my Busa and I wouldn't think twice about riding another bike, it's not just the power I love the way the bike looks and feels!  It's just not the same to me on another bike!  I've always wanted a Busa and wanted it as my first bike but didn't have the money.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:40:13 PM by busaboi09 »

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
  • Who doesn't love a wet pussy... Cat?
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »
Only about 6 Yrs of riding........My first bike was a 97' CBR F-4, I'm in the military and was stationed in Greece during Hurricane Katrina and well you might be able to figure out what happened to it(but it was my beginners bike anyways!).  My 2nd bike was an 05' Suzuki SV1000, I sold it to my brother to buy a Hayabusa and he killed himself on it on his 21st Birthday (RIP Justin).
Now I have my Busa and I wouldn't think twice about riding another bike, it's not just the power I love the way the bike looks and feels!  It's just not the same to me on another bike!  I've always wanted a Busa and wanted it as my first bike but didn't have the money.

Sorry for your loss, bro.
2003 Katana 7/12: Daily Rider
2006 Busa: "Thing 3", 1430+cc weekend bike
Suzuki GSXR 750 (multiple years): Track bike
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline jjbudd3

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »
Started riding since age of 8.  Owned Honda 50, then 70, then yamaha 150, then honda 350 then 750 then built to 840 then yamaha 1100. Stopped riding for 22 yrs. Bought 01 Busa. Then bought 03 Honda VTX 1800. Then in 07 Bought 06 gsxr1000. Love them all. Age 53. Love them all. Different personalities all good.

Offline fungames43232

• Rider
Lots of experience here.  Been riding since I was 8 also...had a 60cc dirt bike.  So ummmm 30 years LOL.
If it's too fast you're old

Offline luckylildevil7

• New User!
started riding in '07 with the CBR600rr, went to the busa after only putting 1400 miles on it!

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
started riding in '07 with the CBR600rr, went to the busa after only putting 1400 miles on it!
Welcome to SH.org!  8)
-Chris

Offline __NATE__

• Post Master
  • Corpus Christi Tx
This thread is  :tz: already
07 BLACK BUSA..
Don't lend out your wife or your bike, someone will throw a rod in either one of them...

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
i had 2 months riding experience before i bought my busa. 2 months total, i googled how to operate my first bike... wrist control is key with any bike as is taking time to get used to cornering... any sportbike will get you into trouble in a heartbeat 600, 1000, or busa... or even a cruiser.
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline 3cRider

• Rider
Started riding in '98 on an EX500, then bought a CBR929, then a KTM supermoto and finally my 'Busa.

Offline 04REDBUSA

• New User!
This is the first street bike I have ever had. I learned on a Kawasaki 250cc. I have now had my busa for 3 years and love it.  8)

Offline TurboR

• Rider
Bought my GSXR-600 in Nov '09.  I sold it the first week of May '10 and I bought my turbo Busa 5/10/2010.
2005 LE Hayabusa
Velocity Racing Stage 1
Under Re-construction

Offline jeffplaster05busa

• Rider
I had 4 seasons on a 1992 kawa 600 ninja went down due to a cracked weld on the handlebar. Factory welds. GREAT THINKIN on there part. got road rash from it and little damage to bike. After got it home looked at the other bar weld to find it was cracked as well on the weld. Road that bike real hard. Did all my learning on it. got rid of it and took 4 yrs off from riding any bikes. This last feb got back in to riding. picked up a 05 busa. And DAMN should have got one a long time ago. My old bike topped out at 160.  This one still getting to top out  but have had it up to 180 so far. waiting for the right weather and empty road to go all out. I ride the hell out of it every day there is no rain.  Some time this summer will go to track and see what it does there. very little mods done to it yet. Looking to het head work done and some time add turbo.   It is one great riding bike. Were I live I do have the fastest bike.  Every one around here rides the harleys But not one of them will put my bike down. They allll know I will kick the crap out of all of them.  Thinking will do a gen 2 next.   I want a fleet of these bikes I love it so much.

Offline cajunboys

• Rider
 Had 19 yrs prior experience before getting my 1999 Busa(which i still have) 1981 Had a 1979 KZ-1000 mk II,  1986 ZX-1000 ninja,  1994 ZX-11 D, 1998 Vulcan,  1999 Blk/gray Busa,  2006 ZX-14.. Still have the latter three..

Offline Loki1973

• New User!
I bought a Yamaha Seca II 19 years ago, rode that until I got T-boned in an intersection in Detroit (totaled the bike and me), then I got a used TDM 850 in 2000 when I was stationed in VA. 

I sold the TDM when I was transferred to Shanghai, China.  Bought an electric scooter in Shanghai (motorcycles are banned in Shanghai- unless you have one that is grandfathered in before the law was enacted), rode the scooter in Chinese traffic (very scary) for 3 years, then was transferred to Beirut, Lebanon where I rode nothing for two years. 

I finally bought my Busa in '08 when I was stationed in Seattle, and have been loving it ever since! :D

Now I'm stationed in LA for the next two years, then my wife and I will be transferred to our next overseas posting.  I plan on bringing my bike with me unless we get stationed in some country where they are banned or we are stationed in some shithole.