Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How much motorcycling experience did you have before buying the Busa?  (Read 190129 times)

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
In 1984 I bought my 1st new bike as a senior in high school. Was a 1984 V65 Magna. Im 1987 I bought my 1st sportbike. 1987 Honda Hurricane 1000(black and red). Sold that to get a 1990 zx10 after a friend smoked me on his new zx10 :( . Sold that to get a 1991 zx11 after different friend sold my old hurricane to buy a zx11 and proceded to hand me my butt on it after picking it up. Was bone stock against my geared and piped zx10. I dont like getting beat :( :lol: Then sold the zx11 to same friend few yrs later and had bought another 1991 zx11 in 97. Had that for 2 yrs and got rid of it and went bikeless for couple years till I decided to give suzuki a chance and bought a 2001 Hayabusa.So 17yrs of big bikes before the Busa. At this point I just dont see anything replacing this bike.  :thumb:

Offline cajunboys

• Rider
 :thumb: :thumb:

Offline igosofast

• New User!
I actually started out on a busa. Just had to take it slow because I knew if i didnt respect the power then i would regret it. Thankfully i havent dropped it yet but I dont want to jinx myself.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
I actually started out on a busa. Just had to take it slow because I knew if i didnt respect the power then i would regret it. Thankfully i havent dropped it yet but I dont want to jinx myself.
Better be espeicaly careful for a few days, you talk about shit and it happens  :?    welcome the board :thumb:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore

:lol:

Welcome to the board. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
When I bought my first Busa I think I had gotten to second or third base. I was drunk at the time so I'm not quite sure.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
Oh wait! You probably meant "riding" experiece.  :D
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
In 1984 I bought my 1st new bike as a senior in high school. Was a 1984 V65 Magna. Im 1987 I bought my 1st sportbike. 1987 Honda Hurricane 1000(black and red). Sold that to get a 1990 zx10 after a friend smoked me on his new zx10 :( . Sold that to get a 1991 zx11 after different friend sold my old hurricane to buy a zx11 and proceded to hand me my butt on it after picking it up. Was bone stock against my geared and piped zx10. I dont like getting beat :( :lol: Then sold the zx11 to same friend few yrs later and had bought another 1991 zx11 in 97. Had that for 2 yrs and got rid of it and went bikeless for couple years till I decided to give suzuki a chance and bought a 2001 Hayabusa.So 17yrs of big bikes before the Busa. At this point I just dont see anything replacing this bike.  :thumb:

Damn im a youngin! i didnt come along into this world until october of 84. not trying to be dissin you what so ever. its good to have you guys around here on this board. you have been riding a little while so you know what the fixes are when problems occur. I started out on a honda f3 in high school (class of 2003) then to an 03 r6 for a year or two. jumped to an 06 r1 then the 08 busa. so i had about 5 yrs of riding before i bought the busa. now im turbocharged and lovin every second of it!
When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes DUTY! -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gixxer1300r

• Mad Post Whore
Re: How much motorcycling experience did you have before buying the Busa?
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
bought the busa in 2000 with 25 year riding under my belt.

Offline RSTRICK

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2010, 07:34:58 AM »
About 50,000 miles on various bikes.  I had a ZX-11 before the Busa.  I had a 99 Busa wish I had kept it.

Offline Allblackbusa

• Rider
  • DO JOB KID.....TURBO IT
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
Started riding street bikes when i was 18 thats 10yrs of riding. the first bike was a 1996 zx6e road it for 3yrs then i upgraded to a 2002 r1 nitrous bike had it till i bought my busa 1year ago and just a couple months ago i put a stage 1 turbo on it... busa is the best bike of all..  :bwdwn: TURBO BUSA.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:27:48 PM by Allblackbusa »
2005 TURBO HAYABUSA stage 2 turbo
414hp @ 26lb of boost
ULTRA INTERCOOLER
MICROTECH
AMS 1000
Fully built motor by (Dwayne @ Cycle Concepts)
TUNED BY ( THE RODNEY WILLIFORD)
DO JOB KID....TURBO IT

Offline goss1320

• Rider
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »
I had a zx6r for 5 months before I decided I wanted more power!! So not much experience but as long as you take your time getting used to it, its a comfortable bike to cruise and learn on as well.

Offline daiken

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2010, 06:35:32 AM »
Been riding 38 years, started riding dirt and been thru many phases to include V-twins. But always came back to sport bikes.
Donnie Aiken
2008 Orange/Black
Brock's Coated Street Megaphone
BST Carbon Fiber rims, PCV, PCV secondary Mod, AutoTune, LCD PC

Offline Busa 4 Life

• Rider
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »
I was riding 4 years before i bought my Busa.. first bike was a Honda 78 Honda CB 750.. from there I bought a Bandit and mod ed that heavily .. crash that last sep because a women ran a stop sign  when i was going 60 mph an T boned her.. so I was down and out and my wife told me I could use tax returns and buy a Busa.. so I picked up a 08 march 6th and been loving every second of it..
08 Blue and gold Hayabusa RCC Ultra turbo
Build By POWERHOUSE

Offline Hammer_Dog

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2010, 05:04:29 AM »
Started riding street bikes on a Yamaha Seca 750 back in the 80's. Rode the track up until last year.
Speed Safely

Offline Busa 4 Life

• Rider
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2010, 06:33:40 PM »
4 years
08 Blue and gold Hayabusa RCC Ultra turbo
Build By POWERHOUSE

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »
Glad you're around to see the light day, Busa 4life. Intersections are the killers. :bah:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline mysticblu999

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • turbohead
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2011, 04:42:05 PM »
I actually took my license test on a turbo Busa,  :hys: BUT I've rode for years on a permit. My dad took his that day too and he had been running around on a permit for 40 years. That was about a year ago.
2007 Hayabusa Super Ultra (in progress)    
2013 Hayabusa Limited (on order)
2008 RM250 (for jumping stuff)

Super Ultra build thread http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=160376.new#new

Offline 01-gsxr-1k

• Rider
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »
I see all these posts and I have had 3 bikes so far, first was a 92 suzuki katana, then when i felt I wanted more power I went to a 92 honda cbr 600f2 was modded really nicely carbs were all done right and then as of this year I just upgraded a few months ago to a gsxr1000 and that was wonderful(01 model) and now that it spun a rod bearing I kinda want to upgrade to a busa as I have almost 4 years riding experience now I see the light and if I can talk the wife into letting me just part the 01 1000 out to help cover the cost of going to a busa I believe I might do it.

Offline harryzx-12

• Rider
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
35+ years. My first bike i got when i was 14 in 1969, it was a honda 305 dream.I have 3 busa, one is a turbo (RCC Ultra).

Offline Zofunny

• New User!
    • http://alonzobodden.com
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2011, 03:17:15 AM »
I had twenty years when i bought my first Busa and now at 30 years I have bought another one. Unfortunately my knees aint what they used to be so I'll be selling it soon

Offline crazy_mooh

• Rider
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »
I race cars before, then I ride a 600 for a summer after that I bought my busa.... :wink:

Offline ducsguts

• Rider
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »
30 + years on various bikes from dirt squirters. differnent models and sized roadies to the bussa last year.
Every corner tells a story

Offline Mason357

• Rider
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2011, 08:46:43 AM »
Almost 3 years.

Offline DRS

• Apprentice Post Whore
30+ yrs on various bikes, beginning at age 6 on dirt bikes.

the busa was the 15th
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:44:25 PM by DRS »
-danny