Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Another Brick Wall.  (Read 30498 times)

Offline Dan.J

• Post Master
Re: Another Brick Wall.
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 12:02:43 AM »
well using a two step u dont have to worry about riden the clutch past the 60' do you. To each his own I prefer a pro light over bracket and being situatated pro style on the line. If there was a grudge group out here on bikes that wanted to heads up and put ther money where thir mouth is maybe retroing back to highschool dragracing would interest me. Havnt seen it out west here maybe i should move out where your at and change your attitude. Who knows maybe im sandbagging and waiten for easy mark. Always some one out there quick to run there mouth.
Ludi was just trying help you  :wink: Looks to me like ya might want to listen with the way your bike is running.

06 Busa......8 second street bike.(Sold but missed)

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 12:04:19 AM »
nevermind, seen you are in arizona.  fuck that's a long ass drive.  but, if i was willin to go to OK for a title race with my old tow vehicle.  this may not be too much worse  :hys:

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »
well using a two step u dont have to worry about riden the clutch past the 60' do you. To each his own I prefer a pro light over bracket and being situatated pro style on the line. If there was a grudge group out here on bikes that wanted to heads up and put ther money where thir mouth is maybe retroing back to highschool dragracing would interest me. Havnt seen it out west here maybe i should move out where your at and change your attitude. Who knows maybe im sandbagging and waiten for easy mark. Always some one out there quick to run there mouth.

IDK why you are running off at the mouth at me, I was just trying to help.  I never said I was the fastest anything, I know I am not.  I have a friend trying to do the same thing right now, with no luck.  You are just like the guy at my track that cannot understand why his 8" over Gix 1k won't sixty-foot with a strut in the back :roll:  He asks for advice and then argues with you.

Have a nice time getting info from ANYONE with an attitude like that. :duh:
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 12:13:57 AM »
well found out today IAP sensor has been bad for awhile and TPS was out of adjustment. I had a FI light but after wiring in nitrous harness from Greg I thought one of the wires we eliminated from ECU was giving false FI light so I ignored it like a bonehead. I readjusted TPS to spec. (Center line in LCD display.) and installed R6 throttle Mod. sounds great real quick reponse, alot better than it has been.Very "qwick wick". I still need to reset dwell time back to 100% from 120 where we set it at Dyno session. There has been some good info come out about HP loss across the board. Several differnt bikes on the Dyno losing about the same amount when set at 120%. Talk is 5-7 HP. Ok, if we pickup some there and pickup the"qwick wick "on throttle and TPS adjustment and get the IAP fixed I stand to possibly gain 10HP. That would be fantastic for getting the bike in the numbers where it should be. I will keep u updated and will try making a pass "old skool "and hand clutch it see if the 60's get better. The 2-step i would think would be more consistent.

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »
I am not saying it won't work, but it is going to have to be perfect.  And with all the other shit you are chasing right now.......
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 01:15:20 AM »
Well. You know, read your replies and how they come across, seem somewhat derogatory "ditch the 2step and learn how to ride with a clutch" "I never seen anyone go fast with one without having a lockup" "Your never gona go fast till you pin it without bogging it at 60' I think we all started there right.(riding with the clutch) I felt 2-step was more comfortable and I have much bigger plans for bike so I was learning how to use  2step. as it will be what I will use when motr goes bigger. Not trying to argue trying to use the setup that I want and make it work.  I know what your saying and I am listening.  #1 I launched at 5500, dumped the clutch and pinned throttle. I am not riding the clutch through 60 ' I never even touch the MF**r till shutdown. I use to slip the clutch, and sometimes haze the tire a tad if needed when i first started out. My times were the same  so i was trying to dial in using 2 step looking to see if i could soften clutch raise launch RPM, Trying to get past the bog spot, tire PSI, throttle Mod. etc.. I figured all the real fgast bikes usally are 2 steppin. I didnt mean to hurt anybodies feelings. And stir the pot. i felt ya being a little funked up Ludi. I am gonna go back and try it your way because thatsa how I roll. Not afraid to tell ya how I am feeling ya, but still listening to the input and retrying old tactics. I appreciate all input and always test therories or stratgies. no Lemmings here. I rode and raced Harleys for twenty years, spent 5000.00 on a EVO engine that was bullet proof., and never could get it to run lower than a 12.0 which is not bad for a heavy ass Harley with a "Heavy Hitter" on it  that FXR would flat run for a v-twin. Sold it bought my first Busa ran a 10.00 right offf the trailer. I was hooked, that was maybe 2 yrs ago. So this has been a learning curve from ground zero, this being my 2nd Busa and drag only, Man if I had the 5000.00 I put into that Harley right now I would be probably be fighting a lockup tune because of the stage II on the bike, and chasing 8's.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:04:22 AM by rhight1340 »

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »
Sorry if I come across derogatory, not my intentions.
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »
No worries. We all have a confidence that what we are doing at the line is right, being open minded for change is where we hopefully grow in the sport. I got a buddy that street races and he's hard to beat at handclutchin and gettin to the 60. Back of my mind Im thinking I can still beat em, using my way. Well maybe not, sometimes we gotta  jump back and forth to find what works for the setup. We'll see. Somethin to look forward too.
Sorry about the smack down thought maybe you were, uhh, fu***kin with me.