Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Competition CNC's 50mm Throttle Bodies for the ZX14...  (Read 21367 times)

Offline Competition CNC

• Rider
    • CompetitionCNC.com
Competition CNC's 50mm Throttle Bodies for the ZX14...
« on: June 03, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »
Here are a few pictures of the 50mm throttle bodies that we will be offering soon to complement our Stage 3 big valve CNC ported heads.

These are the first prototypes that will be used for initial dyno testing. We will be playing with different  length stacks on the dyno so the final exact design is still open.
The fuel rail is a modified stock one but the production version will have a custom fuel rail.

Jim

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
Re: Competition CNC's 50mm Throttle Bodies for the ZX14...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:44:17 AM »
They look great Jim. Can’t wait to see the results.  I presume you will be doing stock versus the 50s back to back on the dyno.  Will the bike be done in time for Loring?

Offline Competition CNC

• Rider
    • CompetitionCNC.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 05:05:39 PM »
Patric, I'm not even going to try the stock 44's on the 1570,  but I am going to compare them to the bored out 47's.
Thats the plan anyway.

The 44's are a bad joke on the Busa and the 14.

I'm trying to get the whole bike done for Loring.
Jim

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
Sounds good.  I hope I can make Loring but it depends on my next school date.  What was one three month school when I was hired into my new position turned into four different ones that will take most of this year.  The good news is that I’ll be close to Bonneville when I get done.  Can’t wait to hear the results of your new project.

Patric

Online Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 12:46:09 AM »
Since this is mainly a Hayabusa site I am a little disappointed that you haven't mentioned any plans for making this for the mighty Busa.......
I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline 3cRider

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »
Nice, those look great! Keep us posted on the results.

Offline Competition CNC

• Rider
    • CompetitionCNC.com
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 07:07:16 AM »
Since this is mainly a Hayabusa site I am a little disappointed that you haven't mentioned any plans for making this for the mighty Busa.......

Actually we are planning on making them for the 08 and up Busas.  But we are going to test and finish one design at a time.
You wouldn't believe the design hours and expense involved in developing this stuff properly.

Jim

Online Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 07:49:54 AM »

Actually we are planning on making them for the 08 and up Busas.  But we are going to test and finish one design at a time.
You wouldn't believe the design hours and expense involved in developing this stuff properly.

I know how much it takes... believe me :)

If you relocate the upper injectors so the point straight down the intake then I am interested in a set.........

I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 01:44:08 PM »
Looks good Jim  - looking forward to hear results and cam/stroke/bore specs for tuned lenghts.

Btw where is the stps motor ? On zx14 removing secondaries may give some additional ponies...

How about something that can run 2 sets of injectors ;-) There is room on top of the stock airbox to add a fuel rail in there...

Offline Competition CNC

• Rider
    • CompetitionCNC.com
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
I'll have specs and results as soon as we finish testing etc.

The motor is couples to the sensor and tucked under.

2 sets of injectors would be nice for better driveability.  The next gen zx14 might have them. ???

These 50mm TB's have the injectors moved up as far as possable.
Jim

Offline Competition CNC

• Rider
    • CompetitionCNC.com
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 06:40:40 AM »
Heres a few pics...

This first shot is a MasterCam screen shot of one of the first early designs of the new billet 50mm throttle body assemblies and ports we offer for the BIG zx14 engines. The injector location and angle has been modified as is the blade location and overall tract taper and length.

This shot is a later development version that is closer to the first prototype set we made and ran at Loring Maine this year when Rickey was riding the bike.

Here is a shot of the actual prototype set of 50mm throttle bodies on a prototype big valve big port head.

Here's a shot looking down threw the throttle bodies into the ports.  Yes this head flows a LOT of air yet has extremely high velocity for the given cross sectional area with localized velocities exceeding 400 FPS @ 28", and is only for big motors.  This port configuration has made over 265 HP on a 2 mil bore.

Here is a shot of the chamber with its massive valves. This head requires large bronze seats, and bronze guides to locate the large custom valves. This isnt your grandmothers zx14 head. :)

Here you can see the large 28.5mm and 28mm bucket bores and also the machining needed to allow the big (BIG) cams to swing in there without hitting the head. The cam caps are also machined out for added clearance.

I don't have any shots of the smaller 47mm throttle bodies right now. I'll try and get some up one of these days.[/quote]
Jim

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »
 i am interested to know what improvement to hp & t. these larger throttle bodies made, what was the final result of this project,??,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,