Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gas Cap - Assembly Help?  (Read 4519 times)

Offline 02BLKnBLU

• Apprentice Post Whore
Gas Cap - Assembly Help?
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
I was swapping out my gas cap, changing the lock cylinder, then all of a sudden a bunch of stuff sprung out at me. This is a pic of all of the stuff i found on my table, assuming all of this belongs to the cap. Anyone know how to assemble it? Thanks

-Brandon

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: Gas Cap - Assembly Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »
Got cha covered, Brandon  :wink:

This IS what you should have! Everything in this picture sans helpful tools!  :mrgreen:

Seven screws, one spring, one bearing, one bridge, one clamp. All essential to your evaporation system.

This clamp will hold the spring in the hole with the bearing sitting on top of it.

Insert the 'bridge' in this position BEFORE placing rubber gasket.

Insert spring into hole right of screw hole for the clamp ready for the bearing.

Here you can see the bridge under the gasket (middle left) AND the bearing (bottom left) ready for clamp screw down.

Place Fuel Entry screws with proper hand torque.

It doesn't necessarily matter which order you install the fuel cap to the rubber gasket as long as you know what goes where. In other words; when you know what you are doing, you can place the bearing, spring and clamp last if you choose.

Finished Assemble

I hope that helped get back to square one!  8)
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline 02BLKnBLU

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:20:42 AM »
Thank you very much! It looks like someone replaced the steel ball with this hard plastic orange one though. It works a lot better so i guess i'll go with that and leave the steel one out.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:09:19 PM »
I was wondering what that orange thing was. It is a check valve operation. As long as it works!  :tu:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח