MEMBERS > MEMBER PROJECTS

Thing 3

<< < (2/28) > >>

trunkbuster:

--- Quote from: E-RACER on April 28, 2011, 03:03:10 AM ---Hose clamps with tape on them also works for the rings..

Curious how You took care of the frame??> :wink:

--- End quote ---
Cool! The frame? In a nutshell, I bought the whole motorcycle totalled but instead of throwing the frame away I had it repaired. There was a little more to it than that but at least no animals were harmed :bike:

trunkbuster:
Still gathering parts. Some ebay pics of the custom stuff I bought so far. I bought a bunch of OEM parts too, some will be polished or modified in some other way.

trunkbuster:
Oh, forgot to mention that I got my ECU reprogrammed at XSVSPORTS http://www.xsvsports.com/store/ecuflash.html Same day turn-around with the parameters I specified and also fuel mapping included, based off of my engine setup. He also does the "popular" modifications as well.  The "buy it now" link on the site doesn't work so you'll have to email sales@xsvsports.com The cost for flashing is $65, which is alot less than I paid for my last two :D

trunkbuster:
Did a little more work on the motor, degreed the cams in :? There's already a "How to" on this subject so I'm not going to get into that but I set both intake and exhaust to 104.5 (sounds like a radio station?) After five attempts on the intake side I left it with what I had, figured a little under is better than a little over :D I measured the stock and aftermarket piston's valve cutout depths earlier. The MTC pistons have tons of extra clearance for valve adjustments.

It only took two attempts to get my lobe center at 104.5 on the exhaust :lol: I got smart and turned the dial indicator around so I could read it while turning the crank. To mount the dial indicator block I wrapped a piece of sheet metal around a hard piece of plastic then marked and drilled holes in it that lined up with the valve cover screw holes between the intake and exhaust cams.

I couldn't get the flywheel off so I had to improvise with a bolt from Lowe's that fit the center of the shaft. I could've bought one to fit the first set of threads to force it off but figured this was the best route, since there wasn't room because of the dolly.  I used a few spacers to press the degree wheel against the flywheel. The degree wheel kit came from Schnitz Racing

BATTMAN:
why did you flash the ecu and use power commanders?  Why not just use the ecu?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version