Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 01 Loses Power After Warming Up  (Read 3977 times)

Offline potshot

• Rider
01 Loses Power After Warming Up
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:30:28 AM »
I got stuck riding home in the rain a couple of days ago. The bike ran fine all the way home but when I tried to ride it to work the next day it seemed OK until I hit the end of my street and it started running like a moped as if it was a fuel delivery problem. Same thing after it cooled down it ran fine but as soon as the temperature gauge started moving it crapped out again. For giggles I re flashed the PCIII with my map but it didn't help. I haven't had time to take it apart yet. I'm planning on cleaning the air filter, replacing the fuel filter and plugs as well as inspecting the coil caps for water damage and checking fuel pump pressure when I get some time. Any tips on additional things to look for will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Happy Haulin!

01 40K miles
Stage 1 cams
Yosh 4 into 1
PCIII
All the smog shit gone.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:29:48 PM by potshot »

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: 01 Loses Power After Warming Up
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »
unplug the commander and reconnect stock and see if it runs better
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Cycle Concepts

• Rider
    • Cycle Concepts Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »
the ecu could be bad..when electronics get hot they can sometimes act crazy....switch the ecu with a known good one from another 2001 busa and see if it repeats..

Offline potshot

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 05:22:57 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I think it was just the air filter it was filthy. Funny that it seemed to run OK cold though. It did suck up a lot of water the day before and that combined with the crud seemed to be the culprit. I'll see how it does tonight on a fairly long ride to work.

Thanks again!

Happy Haulin!