TECHNICAL > LITER BIKES

1000cc bikes vs Busa's

(1/32) > >>

MslPilot:
Just outa curiosity, since I bought my Busa(24 hours ago) I have had tons of guys riding basiclly stock R1's CBR1000rr's, and Gixxer 1k's telling me that their bikes would blow my 07 Busa away. All I can really do is laugh because I had an 04 Gixxer 1k, that was very quick. I'm talkin all i could really do to make it faster was boost it or spray it.....and that bike still didn't stand a chance against a Busa....roll on or hole shot. So I guess I wanna know what makes these dip stick's think that they can magically destroy a busa. Now granted, if you throw a ton of money at a litre bike you can make it faster......than a stock or lightly modified busa.....but then what about a highly modded Busa??? I just don't get it I guess..... Alll I can tell these guys is google the numbers they speak for themselves. Oh well, I am much more comfortablt on the Busa and I can tell it's way quicker. I havent really ventured too much into the throttle....but where i have gone so far I have been severly WOW'd!!  :tu:

BocaBusa:
It's a lot rider and mods. I think most basic mods slow you down unless really done right. I have an 02 Busa that was completely stock for 49,000 miles. I think I beat every Busa I ever raced with a pipe and power comander (mine stock). I still have the busa but with a turbo now. I also have an 07 GSXR1000, completley stock. I've never run a stock Busa but have spanked several 1st gen Busas with pipes and power commanders and a zx14. It's mostly rider but the GXSR is badder than most 1000's stock to stock.
I really don't think most of those bikes can beat you but look out for an 05 or newer GSXR1000.
I love it when a 1000 messes with my turbo, they have no clue why they can't hang at all.  :hys:

wildphil69:
a good rider on a 1k against a decent rider on a busa will probably be close...not the bmw 1k is a whole different story

Busashot:
I don't know how you guys think the Gen I Busa is all that fast.....it was when it came out up to about 6 years of being king but once the 05 and newer GSXRs came out it was a different story. From my experience, with good but not pro riders, the GSXR1000s would beat the Busa from a dig and more obviously from a roll. Now the 07/08s IMHO were a bit lazy in the mid but still has enough HP to win against the Gen Is. Now the other manfacturers were hit or miss on beating a Busa but most would on a roll.

I have owned 2 Gen Is and still prefer them over most litres but the facts are the facts. Power to Weight ratio dominates on the litres. The BMW is ridiculous in that dept but too much power is hard to use unless the bike it setup properly......

Even the Gen 2 has it tough with the litres. Still best for 1/4 mile IMHO but not everyone primarily race from a dig.

MslPilot:
Yeah true, it all has to be done correctly. My GSXR1k was set up and tuned with the PC3 after i had the pipes and everything else put on. I just don't get it, the Busa pulls like crazy at a roll on. I dunno, i guess i'll let you know what happens when my buddies shut their mouths and bring their bikes out. So far it's been just a bunch of talk but when invited to ride they come up with some BS why they can't come.  :td:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version