Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: new/used busa, new to site(whats good yall) fi light/clock alternating display  (Read 5421 times)

Offline 2004 busa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast

hello all, i just picked up a 2004 busa on a 2000 frame. the bike came with a power commander and a 4 into 1 header minus midpipe and or exhaust.i replaced the gas tank due to serious failure n flaking off of inside coating inside tank. large peices terrible previous resealing job i guess.  i ordered a shorty pipe n had her tuned up while waiting for pipe to arrive. after tune up started her up n after about a 45 sec fi light came on and display began alternating fi /clock, which the manual states is a minor fuel injector issue. i figured may be missing exhaust causing this. pipe came in today i installed pipe n took out fuel injectors n cleaned them figured was necessary due to coating flakes in last tank. i reinstalled injectors and started the bike. sounds n runs a lot smoother but still same results and display. i also removed n thoroughly cleaned out fuel pump n filter, thinkin now it may be power commander or maybe flakes of coating that i missed although it seems like not much of it made its way into the rail for the injectors. saw some posts on here citing the lack of the need for a power commander if u dont have a lot of mods. im only aware of the aftermarket exhaust on mine everthing else looks bone except its been dropped a few inches but thats more for handling than mechanical. could my power commander be misprogrammed n if so how do i correct it.... on the other hand with no more than a 4 into 1 exhaust do i even need a power commander. any insight would be thoroughly appreciated. its gettin warmer by the week in ct and i sold my 01 gixxer 1000 for this upgrade. would suck if i cant get her right b4 the season starts.....um help

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Download a service manual here:
http://www.servicemanualsgsxr.com/

there is a connector under the tail that has two open pins in it. If you put a jumper wire across these pins, it will put the ECU into "dealer mode" and codes will show up on your gauged. Look in teh manual to determine what the code means.

If you have had the airbox off, did you reconnect the Intake Air Pressure sensor on the back of the airbox (both the electrical connection and the vacuum hose)?

John
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline 2004 busa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
whats up john, thanks for the reply. not sure exactly where this connectors located under the tail, or if the tail or seat(s) need to come off plan on looking 2morrow. im assuming bike needs to be running n not just key in on position to power guages n display. as far as the air pressure sensors n vac hoses b4 i tuned her up i got fi light n alternating clock and when i did  the tune up had 2 disconnect em so they were connected b4 and reconnected after tune and still same results. trust, i wish it was that simple. im all over that site u gave me, ill let you know how it wrks out, thanks again.....1

Offline 2004 busa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
possibly found the cause of fi light. i downloaded the service manual from the site and located the connector jst ahead and to the left of the battery, jumped the wires and turned key to on pos. at first i kept getting the c00 no fault code but i continued and eventually recieved the c92 fuel level guage circuit signal malfunction code. i pulled the fuel pump again and realized that 1 of the three electrical connectors i had to unscrew to diassamble and clean the pump was loose. not the screw but the threaded post itself that the nut screws the middle wire to. you could basically lift the post completely out if the slot so theres no way it was maintaining connection to the electrical component within. since these parts are completely submerged in gas within the tank i couldnt figure a way to properly resecure the post to the slot. it looks like some kind of resin that secures it initially. so i hit ebay n ordered a pump from an 05 that i think should do the trick. i think once installed only thing left'll be to get my new tank painted to match the candy red paint on the rest of the bike n wait 4 the weather 2 permit some fast forward motion :bike: not 1 to count my chickens but i think ill be good 2 go. this site is the s@3t n JOHN u r the man thanks again for the assist. :tu:

Offline 2004 busa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
just got my 05 fuel pump in the mail sat. popped it in and cranked her up. looks like johns advice paid off got to the bottom of it and sure enough the fi light is a thing of the past. on another note come to find out the f@5*&ng forks are tweeked. so i got a whole front end on its way now from idaho. gotta love the power of www. now i say again............ 1nce i get the front end installed all thats left is to paint my tank n turn the key......... 1 chicken 2 chickens..........

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Glad you got it figured out.  :thumb:
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline 2004 busa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
most def thanks for the assist.  :D